Indoor Soccer

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by soccerbum23, Aug 26, 2012.

1. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    My regular team is taking an extended break from our indoor league. I am looking for a team or looking for players to field a team, either Men's or Co-Ed. PM if interested!

2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should probably state what city you play in. :p

3. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    SLC but willing to travel if not too far

4. FC-Sky11

FC-Sky11 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have also been wanting to join and/or form a team. I'm in highland, but am willing to travel a little, is there anywhere in south salt lake to play?

5. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got the Murray center. There is also an indoor place opening up on 114th south called Soccer City.

FC-Sky11 repped this.
  6. FC-Sky11

FC-Sky11 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I knew about the murray center, but that's probably a little far for me. I didn't know about Soccer City, Looks awesome! Thanks for the heads up Senor.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you go to the Murray place (or even the Woods Cross place) they typically have signs up for teams looking for players.

Also, Just Indoor (which ironically is JUST futsal) is a pretty nice place as well if it's closer to your casa

8. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you go to Just Indoor, don't talk to the ref (shorter hispanic guy when I played in February). A teammate of mine got red carded for saying "Seriously?" after a foul was called. It wasn't sarcastic or anything. Just asked. The ref won't let you say anything to him, but then at half time wants to be buddy buddy and pass around with the players. Really weird.

Also, if you play keeper, make sure you wear elbow pads. I dove for a ball like I would in indoor, and my elbow hit the ground harder than I was expecting. Ended up damaging the bursa in my elbow. Pretty painful if you haven't done it.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm "friends" with the guy and he has given me a yellow (I guess it wasn't red, so I can't complain) for yelling out "hey" when a guy obviously handled the ball. So, I get it, the guy is just strange. He will constantly remind you "I want to get home to my kids" if anybody dares disagree with him

Though, in his defense, other players lay into him like there is no tomorrow so maybe he is trying the "just don't talk to me" approach on it. The things my buddy told him were, well it was Spanish so I didn't understand all of it, but he used my full Spanish vocabulary.

Another potential issue with that place is that the group of guys who runs it (can't think of another way to describe them than Bosnian) tend to, whats the right way to say this, bend? the rules in their favor. It's nothing egregious, but if you are in a tight game with those guys, get ready for some strange stuff from the ref and players.

10. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    PM me with your email. I havent put a team together for years so I might attempt to. If all fails I will put my name on the list for a House team @ the Murray Indoor place