News: Indoor Professional League ( IPL )

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would you know whether the MASL has a coherent legal structure and whether it would be better off franchising?

NSL2004 repped this.
  2. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My reaction to this is "Who cares?" And that's irrespective of whether the Blast rejoins the MASL.

3. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't speak for anyone else, but a lawyer was brought on Soccer Sams show the discuss the legal structure of the MASL and explained the failures of the current MASL structure. He didn't believe it was setup legally as a single entity, simply put it is not. However by masking as a single entity they don't have to pay franchise fees & other expenses, so they chose to operate under the mask single entity to avoid those. Slippery slope.

cardshopmd and SteveCo repped this.
  4. SOCCERREFEREE101

Aug 5, 2016
    I would imagine that a lot of MASL teams money goes to referees. Any idea what teams pay for referees per game.

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $50.00 to 150.00 per game

SteveCo repped this.
  6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually DO want to miss it.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But then you will have to depend on Lewis's explanation of it. It's better to listen yourself.

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point.

Will one of Florida's fake Twitter followers retweet everything for me, though?

SteveCo repped this.
  10. Venerable

Venerable Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Lewis, any mention of the Georgia Attack?

11. Cardinal25

Cardinal25 New Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    You guys are going to be a riot when they all kiss and make up and have one league again. Lewis is like Fozzie Bear and some of you are the 2 old guys in the balcony heckling him.

Joey Tee and cardshopmd repped this.
  12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not hear any that what i did not list them .

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never been compared to Fozzie Bear before hahahahha. We already know we are in one league this year. The biggest issue was it was not ran legally. Now with Josh Schaub running the league it will be. A Lot of what ED Hale had complained about the Masl Addresses after he started the IPL. Seems strange to me..IMHO I do not think this will be the end of things I believe this is just a quick fix until next season when The MASL backs away from its promise's of putting standards in place.

14. Venerable

Venerable Member

Jun 26, 2016
    I love the two old hecklers in the balcony. They were my favorites.

15. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ohhhhhhhhh. I see.

Ummmmm....... what

The Fozzie Bear and the two judges heckling the stage are pretty funny and accurate.

SteveCo repped this.
  16. Cardinal25

Cardinal25 New Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ok why in the heck do you believe the MASL will back away from it's promises??? Good grief man let this season start. That's a ridiculous statement to make. Move over gentleman, I may need to join the balcony.

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The MASL will still have to be flexible with its standards because you can't have a national MASL2 with 5 teams and you can't have a pro league with 7 teams. At some point (or at several points) they are going to come across some unappealing choices that they will have to accept to keep this thing on the tracks.

18. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    You mean Kenn and Shelts?!?! Oh wait, I mean Statler and Waldorf lol (just kidding Kenn & Shelts)

19. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was using my phone and I hate it . what i meant to say was I did not hear anything about them that is why i i did not list them .

20. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The History of indoor soccer tells me this. Every Single year someone is not happy about something . Then the owners cant get along so next season we will have the same conversation we have had for the past 35 years .

SteveCo repped this.
  21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MASL can be flexible with its standards only if they are in reason that I can agree with . The MASL 2 Is just a way to get rid of rec center teams from the MASL and have a place to add more and call it a developmental league. You would still have 16 teams playing in the pro division

22. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    There are only 6 facility teams and 2 of them might have folded already so that's not much to build a second league around.

23. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The entire southwest division (unless LV wants to move into better facilities & doesn't fold) should become MASL2. The league should focus on growing in the south and western parts of the country to ease travel on the teams there (especially Dallas). Tanner & Hale should be given control to build the east, Haines & Zimmerman in the central, and everyone else should fully focus on the above mentioned south and west.

Get all that in order, then we can talk national sponsors and possible TV deals. The league needs standards, but they also need to grow rapidly for the standards to make complete sense.

SteveCo repped this.
  24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys still have the Premiere teams dont you ? Why not start with adding those teams

25. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Lewis, you need to take a break. Or I need a break from you. You're hurting my head with a barrage of nonsense.