Indiana

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by hoosiercountry, Nov 29, 2004.

1. hoosiercountry

hoosiercountry New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    indianapolis
    All of you people out here need to realize that freitag did most of the recruiting in the past and i am almost positive he still does. to all you who are doubting the defense i would not they have very good defensemen coming in and they also are always a tight defensive unit this is a hallmark of the IU program. Do not forget this they will be fine.

2. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that any of the true IU fans on this thread are doubting, but instead wondering, what the future will bring. As far as what vets will keep their spot and what newbies may end up starting I mean. There are a load of possibilities in the midfield, but I definitely look for Josh and Jordan to start. The only spot I see that REALLY concerns me is Munroe coming in at GK, and not because I doubt him, but because he hasn't seen ANY game for almost two complete seasons. He'll be fine though, as will our defense in general.

GO HOOSIERS!

3. fatman

fatman New Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Hoosier Country
    Heres my starters for next year with the other guys that will play:

Peterson (Weaver) Robson(Nocheng)

Ambersley
    Hayden (Mellencamp) Chirco (Traylor)
    Plotkin Tudela

Stevning Julian
    Zayner

Monroe

It is incredibly hard for freshman to play in the IU program. I dont see this Chicago Magic character playing right away. I suspect that a chichago magic fan wrote this and all chicago magic players are gods in there eyes (p.s. Ned Grabavoy is amazing). The hoosiers are returning some quality players who wont sit out that much.

I also have included ambersley in the midfield with robie up top bc robson is having a good year and only will be better next year so I think they have
    to show him the field.

my stomach is calling me
    im out

4. hoosiercountry

Nov 29, 2004
    indianapolis
    This team will be fine next year there will probably be a few kids coming in that might play right away. If not they will do what this year's recruits did and redshirt. You guys have forgotten about Weaver who is a midfielder put him on the wing, move tudes back and put jordan in his place and they will be fine in the mid, the forwards will all be back and noschang will probably battle for some playing time. Meanwhile There are a few mids that are coming in that were named all-americans by nscaa and they could throw a wrench into all of this (brad ring and darren yeagle.) Do not worry all you hoosier faithful our team will be as strong as ever next year.

5. fanatic007

fanatic007 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Is Yeagle a midfielder or forward? He's listed as a foward on TopDrawer.

6. hoosiercountry

Nov 29, 2004
    indianapolis
    they have probably recruited him to be a midfielder as the spots up top are taken. i am not for sure what his main position is.

7. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention that IU is relatively well known for taking forwards from h.s. and training them to play other positions. And as far as him not making the Region II team and "only" the pool, keep in mind that ODP is not the end-all to soccer success. Some ODP Region starters flop in college while at the same time some "pool only" players excel under the right coach. I'm confident that any player that comes to IU will receive nothing but the highest quality of training from Coach Freitag and his staff. Ring will fit in beautifully in Bloomington, although he may not start as a freshman. The bottom line is that if he's an NSCAA All-American and a Region pool player, he can play, and play really well at that.

GO HOOSIERS!

8. fanatic007

fanatic007 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    GO HOOSIERS!

9. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm seeing things . . . fanatic007, did you just get tricky with us?
    For what it's worth, I believe that among IU's first XI neither Jay nor Josh were NSCAA All-Americans. No matter, Jay is THE most underrated GK in the nation and Josh just continues to quietly do his job and out-work/out-play opponents who are allegedly better.

GO HOOSIERS!

10. fanatic007

fanatic007 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Tricky? Nah...just retracted my original message because the phrase "ALL" was misleading... besides... it's people like you that keep people like me honest! Toche!

11. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy to learn I'm not losing it.
    I knew what you meant and I agree with you. I just was pointing out that IU has a few guys in the team who weren't considered superstars in h.s./club, at least on a national level.

GO HOOSIERS!

12. westcoast ape

westcoast ape Member+

Nov 27, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Is there any gathering to watch the final tomorrow at a Bloomington-area pub?

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking for a big breakout from John Mellencamp next year. He was in the top three or four players in Ohio in a really spectacular recruiting year (Jones and Sandbo to SMU, Balc to OSU, Brunner to Maryland, in no particular order - although I'm partial to Balc - among others). His toughness and command of the game is astonishing.

Plus, he can engender endless posts about little pink houses, small towns, etc, etc.

14. foosball

foosball New Member

May 1, 2003
    I heard he was excellent at fighting authority.

15. osteng2

osteng2 New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    But authority always wins.

16. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Yes - Yogi's on 10th street. All the student "superfans" who couldn't get to Carson will be there.

I'll be home w/ my Tivo :( :)

BRF

17. etan86soccer

etan86soccer Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Des Moines, IA
    Indiana will have 3 top players from the Chicago Magic next year. Ring, Chris Schuler, and Chay Cain. I think that Schuler should be able to step up and play in the back at some points. Chay Cain is a very good keeper who should be able to play keeper next year. Ring is a very tough player with great skills and knolwdge of the game.

18. foosball

foosball New Member

May 1, 2003
    Everyone seems to discount Chris Munroe.He was highly recruited coming out of H.S. at North Central(Indianapolis).He's been stuck behind Nolly for two years,but I think he is clearly the heir apparent in goal.Matt Schlake(another highly recruited GK) was a year ahead of Munroe and transfered.I don't know the reason,but it looks like he saw the writing on the wall and knew he would get sqeezed between the Nolly era and Munroe stepping in.Maybe Chay Cain is the real deal(but short for a 'keeper) but here's one guess that he will have to wait his turn.I for one am not worried about GK next year.

19. Dr Beeper

Dr Beeper New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    You guys must remember that IU has won many rings with some good, but not great keepers in the net.....Rodgers, even Hanning, and to an extent Nolly were serviceable. However, they werent that much further along than Munroe or Cain at the early stages of their careers......sure losing Moor and Danny and Zayner will leave some holes in the back but if theres one thing you can count on from Iu its shape and solid defesive principles...I give Nolly credit, but I have long thought that IU "protects" or "hides" their GK at times......as far as Schlake goes, he drank close to 15,000 beers during the summer months and is likely to mistaken for a trucker rather than a Div I athlete.

20. kevin1414

kevin1414 Member

Oct 21, 2004
    IU fans,

we have talked alot about defensive. But I believe that IU always will be good defensively. Yeagley built this program on defense for years, and this isn't going to change any time soon.

Many of you don't know this player (or maybe you do) but the best (argueably) attacking player in the country is coming to Bloomington next year. Lee Nguyen from Dallas is a superstar. He doesn't play ODP because of NTX politics, but this kid will play from day one and be a star.

We may give up a percentage more goals next year, but I really think our problem this year (problem is relative when you win, but anyway) is that we need to score more goals. Our defensive was superb, but with a couple more goals here and there, we run away from teams. I was at the game yesterday, and we didn't have legs, but we had trouble having enough "special" players to create chances.

GO IU, and the machine in defense will always roll on.

21. foosball

foosball New Member

May 1, 2003
    Tell us more about Mr. Nguyen.goals, assists, club/school record, youth team experience etc.I am intrigued.

22. kevin1414

kevin1414 Member

Oct 21, 2004
    I don't know his goals stuff etc. But he plays for the 87 Dallas Texans. He doesn't play US ODP because of politics. But a really smart kid, and this kid is the whole package. He will be in Orlando for the Disney Showcase, but he is IU bound. This kid is Grabavoy good, and probably better than that. Just has a fluid soccer game about him. He, Plotkin, Ambersley, and Peterson will be potent next year.

23. fanatic007

fanatic007 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    How does he compare to the players in the current freshmen class? Or have you seen them play?

24. kevin1414

kevin1414 Member

Oct 21, 2004
    I haven't really seen the current freshmen class. But every coach/program in the country wanted this kid. He is full ride good. That being said, and knowing a little about the IU program/coaches, this kid is better than anything brought in with these redshirt freshmen.

Trust me, I guess, this kid plays from day one like plotkin, moor, o'rourke, julian, grabavoy, (and going back some) dema, lazo, etc. I know I am mentioning some big time names - but this kid was everyone's top recruit coming out.

25. osteng2

osteng2 New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    How big is the kid from Texas. i think I saw him play last year and he wasn't that big. He was very talented. Not sure if he had Peterson's or Noschang's speed. Also, could he run the flank or is he strictly a front runner?