Indiana Tournament [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by FIXXXER, Aug 29, 2002.

1. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Indiana Tournament

Anyone have any info on wecasts for the Indiana Tournament this weekend? I heard last year they webcated most of their games. Didn't see anything on the "official" website, but hope that it may be somewhere else. Thanks.

2. Flip1178

Flip1178 New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Bloomington, IN
    Re: Indiana Tournament

Sorry FIXXXER, I don't think IU has wecast a game in a couple of years now. Just came back from the Rutger's match. Fairly entertaining match, with Noonan, Grabavoy, and Mack looking pretty solid. Here's the link to IU's News update on it. Don't want to give any results just incase you were able to find it somewhere.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/menssoccer/news/02-03/msc08-30-02.html

I will say the Noonan looks very strong with his back to the goal and grabavoy is just sick on the dribble. I think I saw him meg two guys with one move. And its really good to see Mack on the field again. He looks confident on the knee so hopefully he's back to his 2000 form.

3. fractions

fractions New Member

Aug 25, 2002
    INDIANA TOURNAMENT (R)

Tigers tied IU 1-1 and beat Butler 3-0. Clemson won the tournament and Doug Warren, Fabio Tambosi, Paul Souders, and Ricky Lewis were named to the All T Team.
    In addition to their tie with the Tigers, IU tied Rutgers on Fri night. Butler beat Rutgers 3-0.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Re: INDIANA TOURNAMENT (R)

Gosh, I don't know whether to be shocked that Lewis actually got some recognition or to adopt more of an I-told-you-so tone.

5. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Re: Re: INDIANA TOURNAMENT (R)

And actually, he probably got that recognition on the basis of a single split second decision. Late in the 1-1 draw, IU's Noonan had gotten behind him in a counterattack and was literally standing on the far post as a ball was floated toward his head. Warren was clearly beaten and as Noonan prepared to simply nod in the gamewinner, Lewis came from nowhere and headed the ball OFF OF NOONAN's HEAD and out for a corner, WITHOUT FOULING. It was brilliant defending.

Rutgers played a defensively disciplined game against IU the previous night using at least 5 and often 6 defenders to frustrate IU's direct style in a 0-0 draw. They came out and tried to play against Butler in the second game, but were completely outmatched in the 1st half. Mariscalco's strike in the 12th minute served as the gamewinner.

6. comettiger

comettiger Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    No doubt, the play you described was a great play. But the thing that makes Lewis so good is his consistency. Rarely out of position and always in control makes Rick the rock on defense. Rick has the awareness when to go forward and I think you will be hearing alot about Mr. Lewis as his career advances