Indian Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ashindia, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    [​IMG]

India U-19 Football conditioning camp has started at Kalyani Municipality Stadium, Bengal. The boys are practicing under guidance of National Jr. Coach Colin Toal, Asst coach Francis D Souza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

India U-19 Team will participate in 11th SAF Games Football, which will be held at Bangladesh from last week of January. India will face Afghanistan in their first match.

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Re: I-League

What's going on? I'm now seeing that the game is being played, about 66 minutes on the clock.

Is the game on or off?

4. kappas-redded

kappas-redded Red Card

Jan 6, 2010
    Who is the best soccer player in India?
    Trusth of all, India can't participate in World Cup for more than 5-6 centuries because they are so hopeless.

5. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League

Game was actually to be be played yesterday and it was cancelled

Thanks for your comments and next time you comment please come with your real identity

6. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League Results

Mumbai FC 2-1 Salgaocar SC

Mohun Bagan AC 2-2 Churchill Borthers

7. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

This post is in tribute to the hard work by Ashindia, on the constant updates on Indian football. Mastersk3, I'll go to Cooperage again, when Mahindra United play and get their pics.

Me and a few friends went for the game between Mumbai FC and Salgaocar SC. Salgaocar were the side with maximum possession and goal bound chances. Too bad, that their keeper would make a one legged old man with arthritis look like Oliver Kahn. Mumbai FC had two chances, and on both they scored. In the first goal, the Salgaoncar keeper didn't move a muscle, when Mumbai FC had a free kick, and for the second he came way off his line to clear the ball when he should have stayed put. I am attaching some pics from the game. I've taken many and these are but a few. Please excuse my horrible photography.

[​IMG]
    Salgaocar pressing after conceding an early goal

[​IMG]
    The stands

8. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some more

[​IMG]
    This is after Salgaocar SC equalized. the right most guy in the green jersey is the scorer

[​IMG]
    The Mumbai FC celebration after the late winner

Lemme know if you guys want more match-day pics on the thread.

9. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Hey nice updates..............It would be pleasure if you keep adding pics here

10. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Nice pics poorvi and thanks in advance for Mahindra pics

11. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks guys.

Today Air India play Dempo. I have work commitments and can't make it for the game. I guess Mahindra play tomorrow. I'll try and make it.

You found the pics 'nice'? :p Such blatant flattery. :D

Ok, here's a technical question, because I'm not good with digicams and other electronic devices. I used a Kodak M1063 for the Mumbai FC vs Salgaocar SC game. it is 10.3 megapixels and with 3X optical zoom and 4X digital zoom. When I took the pics, I had to maximize the zoom , and hence lost out on resolution. I used the 'landscape' mode. Is there a better way of doing this? I also have a wide angle Sony SLR. The bulky model with the big lens. Is that better for pictures from a range of ~15m.

12. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Shillong Lajong FC 1-1 Viva Kerala

JCT FC 1-2 Pune FC

Chirag United 1-0 East Bengal FC

Air India FC 1-3 Dempo SC

13. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Chetri finally scored a goal

14. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Dempo back in business and finally all our key national team players in Dempo were exceptional today

15. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Mahindra United 2-1 SC Goa

16. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: I-League 09/10 Standings

Standings after Round 9

1) Dempo SC ---------- (18pts),(GD,+4)

2) Chirag United ----------(18pts),(GD,+6)

3) Mahindra United --------(17pts),(GD,+5)

4) Churchill Bros-----------(17pts),(GD,+8)

5) Mohun Bagan ---------(14pts),(GD,+4)

6) Mumbai FC --------- (13pts),(GD,+1)

7) East Bengal FC -------- (12pts),(GD, +1)

8) JCT FC -------------- (10pts),(GD,+1)

9) Pune FC ------------- (9pts),(GD,-2)

10) Shillong Lajong -------- (9pts),(GD, -7)

11) Salgaocar ------------ (7pts),(GD ,-6)

12) Viva Kerala ---------- (5pts),(GD, -5)

13) Air India FC ---------- (5pts),(GD, -6)

14) SC Goa ------------- (4pts),(GD, -4)

17. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I went to see the Mahindra vs SC Goa game. I took the SLR, but all the pics have come out grossly blurred. :(

The game was such a bore. Mahindra are third in the league standings but they aren't such a good team. Their goals came in the dying minutes,and apart from Steven Dias, nobody played well. Even the crowd at Cooperage was rooting for Goa SC.

When are the next set of games at Cooperage?

I am attaching some more pics of the Mumbai FC vs Salgaocar SC game.

[​IMG]
    the man of the match ceremony

[​IMG]
    Salgaocar SC defending a corner

18. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Shillong Lajong 0-5 Mahindra United (Paresh Shivalkar 9, 14 Mohammad Rafi 35 Muritala Ali 43, 57).

Red devils trash Lajong in style

19. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Round 10 - Results

Match 1 :-

Mahindra United 5-0 Shillong Lajong FC

20. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does anyone have a full schedule for the league with matchdays, timings and venues? I couldn't locate it on their website.

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  22. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Re: Panasonic joins hands with AIFF

[​IMG]

Panasonic, the Global Technology leader, today announced its partnership with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) to promote Football in India. Panasonic has signed an MOU with AIFF to further the game in the country and build up the passion for the game amongst the Indian youth.
    Panasonic will make substantial investments in initial phase to build up the powerful sporting culture of football in India.

Daizo Ito, CEO, Panasonic India Pvt Ltd, signed the contract with AIFF President Mr. Praful Patel at Panasonic’s newly launched Experience Centre “Life Scape”. The association highlights the continued commitment of Panasonic and AIFF to promote a strong football culture in the country.The agreement is to support the National Football Team’s preparation.

Commenting on this association, Daizo Ito, CEO, Panasonic India Pvt Ltd said “Panasonic has been a strong supporter and endorser of Football in Thailand and is delighted to extend this association to All India Football Federation. We are confident that this association will take football to newer heights. At Panasonic, we acknowledge that sport can be a powerful vehicle for social change, bringing people together and instilling values of teamwork and camaraderie. We hope that our association with AIFF will create spectacle both on and off field and connect diverse football fan base together through this amazing sport.”

Speaking on the occasion Praful Patel, Honorable Union Minister and President AIFF (All India Football Federation) said, “Football is the second most popular sport in India and there is a huge potential lying in the Indian talent to take it to ultimate heights. The AIFF has played an active role in promoting football, not only in the country but also in Asia. We are hopeful that our association with Panasonic will support our mission to take Indian Football to the Global standards. The investment by Panasonic will help us in nurturing the national talent and developing the game in country. Gradually the game is gaining popularity in India and is not restricted only to specific regions in the country. There is a need for more corporate houses to come forward to promote the strong sport spirit of football in India”.

As part of the deal, Panasonic will also undertake marketing and promotional activities for the game. To mark this sporting association, Panasonic also unveiled its jersey for Football players by Bollywood Actress Dia Mirza.

23. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Mohun Bagan 5-0 Air India
    Viva Kerala 1-0 JCT
    Pune FC 2-1 Salgoacar

24. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

What is with all these 5-0 wins. :D

Did you catch this game?

I have seen two Mumbai FC games in the stadium and from whatever I have seen, Abhishek Yadav is absolutely over hyped. Why is he even considered for the national side. Poor ball control, poor first touch, very very selfish, sluggish and doesn't have the low centre of gravity that's required for quick turns and suchlike. I can go on. The only thing he seems good at is his aerial ability and winning the ball and breaking up opposition passes. He plays so deep.

And every time he gets the ball, even if its in his own half, the commentators (and many fans) in Cooperage start getting all excited and screaming as though he is about to score any second. He is better in a ball winner/ hard tackling role than a forward.

What do you guys think about him?

25. mastersk3

mastersk3 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Chennai
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Now with so many young strikers coming up he wont considered for next camps!!