Incredible news, if true

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Sep 23, 2003.

1. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Yea, i guess we learned nothing about AQ from 1993-1998.

2. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    I think you could go all the way up to 2001

"July 2001
    Agent Kenneth Williams, in Phoenix, Az., sends an electronic memo to FBI headquarters, warning of an unusual number of Middle Eastern men enrolling in U.S. flight schools. He speculates they may be connected to a bin Laden plot. The memo recommends that the FBI canvass other schools nationwide. Officials never follow up"

And don't forget that you won't get me involved
    in a Dem adminstration vs Rep one. I'm not a US
    citizen and that debate is irrelevant to me.
    I'm only thinking that intelligence is...intelligence,
    regardless of who is at the helm. I understand
    different priorities, but not on matter of such
    importance.

3. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Nope sorry, no UGA here. I go to NIU;you know the team that beat maryland and alabama this year.

4. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    What is the other option?

The pooch is screwed, what is the reasoning behind looking for the reasons now?

The world had their chance to make their case.

Why would the Bush admin have to lie to the world when they knew well in advance that they would do whatever they wanted to do anyway?

Looking to debate the reasons is good to make sure this farce never happens again, but then again some "crazy" people have even said that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor to occur, to justify and force the isolationists of that era to vote for war.

Like many said, there was a creation of the new normal after 9/11 and yes, Bush wasted all the global support, but what exactly was the world going to do besides say, "Damn, I feel sorry for you."?

Bush had plans for Iraq before 9/11 and we all know it. He was going to war regardless. He had the privious war council from Gulf War I and we still "elected" him. To think, just think, we needed Bush, not after 9/11 because I think he did little to make the people feel safer, but he brought a humanity to things.

He then went cowboy and Joe Six Pack loved it. The US and a few friends kicked some serious tail, but we have an unstable situation now.

Speaking of which, history was kind to Viet Nam, even to think the public was so vocal and even violent agsinst the war. Who would have thought that today, VietNam is consider an L in the loss column, but the has not only been justified, the troops, dead or alive, are considered heroes, not spit on like when they returned.

To think Jimmy Carter is now considered a great (or good) president. Economy aside, he is considered pretty cool and the world loves him. Heck, he builds homes and still gets a boner for his own wife!

History wil be pleased with this war, too. Unless we have some smoking gun of the other kind...the vast resignations and the like.

But think, Iran Contra.
    Reagan said he didn't remember and now Bush can just say, hey, I'm stupid. In the end, we won the Cold War and we defeated Saddam.

I guess history is kind to the winners, but it could help create the next bin laden or dare I say...the next Simon Bolivar. To quote the women of various talents, Rosie Perez :) , "Sometimes, when you win, you lose and when you lose, you win. Oooooo eee." from White Men Can't Jump.

5. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You forgot about SoccerAndy5!

You want more war with bigger dogs?

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Just a little reminder for the short attention span crowd over there on the right - Colin Powell is a lying sack of *#*#*#*#.

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=73591

I guess this is the Daily Double?

Grammar Smack and Spelling Smack in one post!

Weeeeeeeee!

Besides, could you change your avatar?
    Everytime I see it I think of Conan O'Brien and his YYYeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaa Clinton bit.

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    AOL Keyword: Superdave

Maybe you guys went to school together.

9. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I would guess that "baggage" he mentions was the same Iraqi people who actually suffered from the isolation of Saddam?

Let us never forget the sanctions impossed by Bush I that did nothing but hurt the common folks. This was maybe peanuts next to what Saddam had done, but just like with North Korea, the common folks...eeeerrrrrrr...baggage are hurt most.

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    By the looks of it, you run your posts through bablefish to translate or some word program to spellcheck. Kudos to you.

My wife continues with ESL classes. I help teach them, too (couldn't really notice, huh?)

PS. Superdave would be proud. :D

11. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    [​IMG]

12. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You made the case for the other side.

Americans don't care because your "post" was too long.

Are you Cobi Jones in real life?

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Garcia, you got it.

14. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Hey, it's Indiana! Wait, Indiana isn't a planet.....

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Is that the 51st State of the Union? :D
    The flag industry must be happy.

Thanks, bro.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aw, c'mon Garcia!!! He talked about Bush's Crucifiction!!! Fiction!!! Get it???!!! You can't really expect me to pass that up???

That wasn't exactly your run of the mill typo, it was a Freudian slip worthy of an episode of Matlock!!!

17. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    No way!!

[​IMG]

Matlock would never use it.

This guy might.

[​IMG]

18. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA

So our failure to detect hints of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor would have justified our attacking Thailand when we knew that country was not a threat to the U.S.

At least try.

19. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    You want issues. Here's the issue: Colin Powell said in 2001 that Saddam was not a threat and had "no capability" to develop WMDs . He had no basis for making such a claim becuase UN Inspectors had been kicked out of Iraq in 1998. Essentially he was talking out of his ass. In 2003, he goes before the UN and says Saddam has always had WMDs and here's exactly where they are. Again the man was talking out of his ass and feeding us *#*#*#*#.

So tell me (I have asked you this many times) why did we go to war with Iraq? Give me that one answer. But you "won't engage the issue".

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not tryint to justify anything except that our assessment of threats was very different prior to 9-11 and must be judged within that context.

21. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I guess your definition of seriously and mine are at odds. Unless you've completely bought into the Republican smear machine about what Clinton did to fight terrorism during his presidency.

22. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    How was that threat assessment different than it is today?

23. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    After 9/11, they started making shi'ite up about probably the one country in the Middle East besides effin' Israel that had nothing to do with it!

Or did we find those 2,000 liters of anthrax yet?

24. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  25. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

SKROOB: Tell him to comb the desert. Do you hear me? Comb the desert.

SANDURZ: Sir.

HELMET: What?

SANDURZ: Are we being too literal.

HELMET: No, you fool. We're following orders. We were told to comb the desert, so we're combing it. Found anything yet?

TROOPER WITH COMB: Nothing yet, sir.

HELMET: How about you?

TROOPER WITH 2ND COMB: Not a thing, sir.

HELMET: What about you guys?

TROOPER WITH MINI COMB:

http://www.timrusstribute.com/images/Other Roles/Spaceballs/Spaceballs4.jpg

WE AIN'T FOUND *#*#*#*#!!!