Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sanchez has looked poor this season and he has a ton of miles on his legs.

Hazard is two years younger, so worth the money, yes. He's also a special player.

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dzeko is 31. Crouch is 6ft 7"
    How tall iz Dzeko?
    Where does Andy Carroll get his hair styled?
    lots of serious rumours floating around in the tubes these days
    Paulo Dybala will have to submit a transfer request if he wants to. . .

3. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I blame Llorente for this mess!

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would be in 1st place if we got Ox. Three goals in the league this year! More than he's ever had!

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At this rate I'd love to see us just throw 150 at Juve to test their resolve over Dybala. Just ********ing do it. DO IT ROMAN.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right or do it to Athletico for griezmann

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm surprised we haven't already given the huge Nike deal. Another marquee player on our team would make us so much more marketable.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truth... and the thing is while we've been successful in our league we don't have enough Chanpions League trophies to our name. If they want to build our brand to rival ManU, Real, Barca, etc we have to have more trophies in Europe. To do that we have to have top tier talent to compete against them.

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I was up at Nike last my contact there mentioned when Ross Barkley visited World HQ (they are from the same street in Liverpool) so clearly the Nike related marquee signings have already begun :D :D :D

Yahtzee repped this.
  10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barkley's blown up pic in the megastore when I was there :ROFLMAO:

11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Emerson apparently close to being a done deal w Dzeko on standby as he apparently doesn't want to go.

Well done either way. If Emerson and Barkley turn out to be any kind of decent this season then props to the board. Fingers crossed!

12. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i heard talks will go in to next week. it would be incredible if we convinced Dzeko. honestly i think he'd get plenty of playing time with how Morata is playing and could probably teach Morata a few things as well.

the Bats involvement is a loan from what i'm reading.

13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kennedy is prob stoked cause that means he gets to go out on Loan and get consistent PT.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I agree that Hazard is on 200k gross and Sanchez will probably get 300-350k gross.

It was just a jab at the rags with their deliberate clickbait when they disingenuously add net for gross (not used in the U.K.) or report in Euros for someone playing in England

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Yeah continentals use it a lot. Though my wages were always gross when working in Europe.

16. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Ok cool.

17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Let's not get carried away. Sanchez is a world class player and we would love to have him if we could afford him.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Exactly. Arsenal are 10x stupider than we are when we sold them Cech and Matic to United.

19. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Its not our fault Pogboom and the handshake clan couldn’t get you past 6th last year and ya gotta buy a Sanchez for dumb wages to not even do anything this year

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's the rub of the green when Mourinho is the gaffer. Thing about Jose is he cares about Jose, first and final. Club success is a consequence of that but he has absolutely zero care about legacy and stability only the trophy counting. He burns bridges so well he often doesn't need to look more than a couple of years ahead.

It's all well and good at the time, but as seasons pass by, you realize the long term sacrifices made for the short term gain. What does he care for breaking a wage structure that he more than likely doesn't have to deal with? He doesn't. Sell a player who has promise but would take time to develop? Easy choice for Jose. Take the money and buy a first team ready replacement. Sod the future.

Sanchez is simply another example of this. Would love him here but at nothing like the numbers being chucked around. Utd can absorb it, albeit with negative consequences. I don't think we can or should.

sabresrule30, Blueallthru and Yahtzee repped this.
  21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A lot of expats will look at salary negotiations from a net perspective. Those who have influential/powerful jobs don't want to lose out on income because the top line is different and it's not unusual for them to negotiate packages based on net.

I'm not high powered or influential so my salary like most here has only ever been thought about in gross terms but I wouldn' be shocked that many footballers have net earnings far closer to the front of mind than me.

Either way it's just a media angle, same as it was with gullit and only in play so they can use up a years supply of exclamation marks on the back pages.

cr7torossi repped this.
  22. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I and most people would take 2 trophies after 3 years of Moyes and LvG.

As your dumb wages, it is your prerogative to believe clickbait from the rags.

300k pounds -> 300 pounds net -> 500k pounds -> 500k pounds net

The same happened with "Pogboom" and like that time, real numbers will show up to be a lot lesser.

23. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don’t need to read anything to know his wages are a threat to anyone’s wage structure and that he isn’t a good pickup for the prices being talked about. I do not care at all about the specifics. Anything north of 200k is dumb for him, period. Just another player your club are dumping silly money on to try and salvage your manager’s astronomically big ego.

Your lot are happy with a Europa League and League Cup with no real vision for the future of your team as a whole and Jose Mourinho running the show? No shot.

24. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    ^ and this is why rags still sell

25. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I prefer the term gutter press :)

Out of interest, where do you stand on this one CR? Is there a point at which the salary becomes a problem for you?

I know some fans genuinely don't mind and that the player costs what the player costs but is there a cutoff which would bother you? 400k a week? 600k? Talking gross of course.