Include a USOC Game in Season Ticket Package

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Poose, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Poose

Poose New Member

Mar 17, 2001
    Why not include ONE US Open Cup game in the season ticket package? Adding $5 to the cost of the season ticket package would be nothing. . .if the team doesn't host a game, let the fans cash in the ticket at a concession stand, or apply the five bills to your next-years season ticket balance.

I agree with the Burn front office deciding to host the game at the Cotton Bowl instead of moving it to Old Panther Stadium, or somesuch. We have the best turf in the league, no reason to risk injury on a questionable, narrower high school field.

Including a USOC home game in the season ticket package would give us a crowd of about 6-7k without walkups.

Why not?

2. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    One of the Burn sales reps said they were very happy with the Open Cup game's attendance of 1700. He was also very happy with the "Ambiance" added by the Inferno to the atmosphere at the game.

Got my order in for next year's season tics!

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any good deals this year for re-upping early (like last year)?

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the following (while supplies last):
    • Free parking
    • Autographed Jason Kreis bobblehead
    • Landon Donovan bobblehead

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the Inferno do more at the Open Cup game than their usual banging away on the drums?

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boo, sir, boo.

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, nothing at all wrong with the drums.

I just think that it'd be nice to have more chants, yells, songs, etc. as well.

8. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    It was about 50-50 on the drum to vocal ratio.

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent.

Does the Inferno get together with the other supporter's groups to organize chants and yells?

10. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I think you may have heard this one.

GA side - DALLAS
    Family side - BURN

La locura rojinegra.

11. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but the "other supporter's groups" I was refering to are the predominantly Latino groups -- La Raza Latina and La Mara Loca. Do the Inferno ever coordinate any chants/yells with those guys?

12. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I know what you meant. That is an example of how cool things could be if we could coerce all of the fans at the Cotton Bowl to participate rather than spectate.

To answer your question specifically, those guys and gals in the other two groups participate in the cross stadium yells with us, but that is about it. The scene is a free for all. But that is cool because the groups are spread out through out the GA side. So while the Inferno is singing "Who the hell are the Fire?" Mara Loca may be singing: "Yo si le voy le voy a los Dallas".

Due to their proximity to the Inferno, Raza latina will join in with the Inferno every once in a while like the B-U-R-N.. BURN, BURN, BURN yell, and on some of the off-the-cuff stuff like "Culero Kovalenko". The Inferno also will once in while play off Raza Latina's lead.

Coordination would be much easier if we were all confined to one section, but then again who would want that?

La furia rojinegra.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again for you newbies. The Inferno was first. If the other groups had wanted to coordinate with us they would have joined the Inferno. People start their own groups for different reasons but they would never do so if they liked an existing group a lot. As for the drums, us drummers would love for there to be more chants so that we could watch the game more. Unfortunately when we stop nothing happens and a lot of times we have to prod the others to chant. So come over and help chant and don't just sit back and bitch.

14. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Get Em Peg

Get Em

Don't put up with this $hit! :>)

15. Poose

Poose New Member

Mar 17, 2001
    Attendance posted in the Dallas Morning News was 1,301. "Happy with the attendance" must be a relative term, compared to gatherings of 200-300 for other USOC games in Dallas.

I can't imagine anyone who looks at the financial statements would be happy with 1,301 paid.

BTW, my 16 year old daughter thought the Inforno was GREAT. She wants us to move to the festive side for next year.

16. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come over and find out for yourself before making suggestions from 80 yards away.

As a dude who wasted a couple of years over on the seated side, let me tell you the other side is tons more fun. Not even close. Even my semi-timid wife agrees.

I was at the Metros game where we lost 6-4 when Clint scored his 5 goals. That was a great game. People around me were telling me and a couple of my friends to sit down and be quiet. There were 10 goals in that game and tons of chances. That was it - I got the flock out of there.

17. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to visit you Inferno guys and gals sometime when my kids aren't going to the game.

My two daughters used to tolerate sitting on the GA side, but lately they've become insistent on sitting on the "Family" side. Somehow they think they're more likely to get a close up view of Josh Wolff, Landon Donovan, Taylor Twellman, etc, on that side of the field. Are there any cute boys over in the supporter's sections? If so, I might be able to change their minds about viewing the game from the "Festive" side.

BTW, we can hear the chants/songs most of the time over on the reserved side of the field, but the drums do tend to drown them out a bit.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The teenie boppers (spelling sorry) are growing more and more in soccer. Is that good? I dunno, all I know is that the GA side is for a true soccer fan who comes to not only watch the game, but be a part of it, whereas the library, well, it speaks for itself. Man I can't even blow the horn over there without people looking at me strange.

19. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    problem is, if it wasn't for the dollars generated from the teenie bopper library side, we'd all be watching a-league right now. There's just not enough hard core soccer fans to support division one soccer. And half of the hard cores are euro-soccer snobs anyway and don't want anything to do with MLS. So until those start supporting soccer in the US, we'll have to live with, and partly depend on, the fans who glare at horn blowing. It sucks, but its reality.

20. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that may be true. They may not get many close-ups of those guys - but I think they'd end up having more fun.

Being a 34 year old married guy, I may not be the best judge. I will say that this side is not a place to sit and watch the beautiful people. But we do have Tecate for the adults.