In my best Bob Barker voice

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by vflkirwan, Aug 19, 2002.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "THIS TEAM SUCKS"

2. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    "Maybe you should be spade or neutered"

3. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Ed, babe, boobala, we may disagree over Diallo and whether Billy Walsh is the first or second best Metro of all time, but you were riproariosly hillarious and spot on Saturday night.

This team and league is such a joke, I am sick of going to exhibitions and being outnumbered 100-1, I am sick of the crap that Nick and OZ put in front of us every match. There was a time when I would sink down a roll of crisp twenties for streamers or drums but that time has passed. Metro is a crap organization, MLS as a league is a joke.

I am refusing to purchase season tickets next year, customer service has been awful, I suppose that my ticket rep is doing so well selling to Ecuadorians that he doesn't need to bother about people like me. I suppose that supporting this team for seven years justifies Petke giving me the finger on Saturday night or mouthing obscenties at me. Maybe this team will turn itself around, and will win a championship, great, terriffic, I hope the few players out there that give a crap will carry the team, so that the few fans that still care can revel in the victory.

Metro management needs to shape up, but its beyond hope for me. Maybe I'll catch a few games in 101 next year, so Leo and I can stand next to each other in suits or Ferguson can finally return the pants to me. This team sucks, what OZ puts out there is not Metro, they dont care about the kit. Even in 99, I remember being there and cheering on our boys, they actually seemed to care for the most part, to give a tail about the outcome, the play with heart. In 99, we may have sucked, but they still seemed to care about playing for the few fans that showed up every match, none of this going through the motions crap. Metro has sold out, and it is was well before the Diallo trade that they did so....

4. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    funny, diallo seems to be one of the few players who give a crap.....

petke did that?...friggin prick....

i agree that's its really hard to give a crap when the players don't.....

a losing record and a coach with and ego so large that he can't even comprehend that it may be his fault... i just wish he had the balls to bench petke....but i guess nick may not allow that, because petke is a fan favorite, and shows his appreciation for our support, day in, day out....

5. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's far, far, from the 1999 I remember.

And in fairness, what did you say to Petke?

6. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Told him to grow some and play like he cared, definitely inflamatory.

We'll wait a few days and see if Nick S has Petke issue an apology for his behavior, ala Alexi in 96 ;) Even Charlie knew enough to pretend to be incompetent, Nick just doesn't care.

And as far as 99 went, you had guys like Kelly, Khakpour, Walsh, da silva who weren't gifted by the Almighty with much athletic prowess but at least gave their heart and soul night in and night out. Others like Ammann, Chung and Curcic were far more gifted and seemed to care. I can think of maybe two players who care on this team (who see regular time) and thats it. I would take the fight in 99 Metro anyday.

7. SchönePumaDooley

SchönePumaDooley New Member

Jul 1, 2000
    North Jersey
    It's a good thing there are no Pro-Am's in soccer, or you'd have Bob Barker giving Big Mamma a headlock and head butting Faria's prissy little face.

8. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everytime Faria shoots....

"IS THIS GOAL REGULATION SIZE OR WHAT?"

9. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    at least 5 times a game....

"YES CRAIG ZIADIE, THAT IS YOUR MAN"

"TED, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG BOX"

10. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you tell me how you read someone's mind to KNOW that they care or not?

11. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    You can watch it on their faces, on how they hold themselves, how they play the game and don't care whether they lose or not. Poor play not withstanding, Metro has been playing half-balls lately, and its disgusting. No one seems to care, no effort, nothing. That's how I read minds......

12. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    michael...

when a player loses the ball and makes no effort to "make up" for his mistake, that's not caring....

when they give away the ball in midfield and just stand there, with a blank expression, that's not caring.....

when they run up the field from their defensive position, and slowly jog back watching the opponent attack, that's not caring....

there are a few players who do care, and try, but the majority do not....

how can a team that really cares give up 3 goals in less than 30 minutes when leading 1-0?

stinky

13. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    A lot of revisionist history going on here.

Anyone who went to Wednesday night's Chivas farce has no one to blame but themselves for being "outnumbered" 100-1. This is the 7th year for MLS and NOW people are being to realize the Metros cater only to certain ethnic groups? Geeeez. :rolleyes:

By going to that match you might as well have worn a "kick me" sign and would have deserved it if someone actually did.

14. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    No, I went because I already had a ticket for the match, I should be wearing a Kick Me Sign for buying that waste of mney membership. How friggin retard.

And way to assume that some of us just now have picked up on the Metro pandering to ethnics. You're a dolt, you'll probably re-up on tickets next year.

15. SchönePumaDooley

SchönePumaDooley New Member

Jul 1, 2000
    North Jersey
    Faria Shooting:

"Nice Velocity."

"Sounded like it."

16. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should never be allowed anywhere near the goal box area as his headers usually go high or wide on sure goals game after game.

17. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    So let me get this straight, you will help soccer improve in this country by not supporting it? Nice. It has worked so far. Even if you hate the Metros that bad, come to see the rest of the teams. By taking away money, you will not get better players.

18. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    Doesn't look like sweeper is a real fan!
    Real fans stick by their teams through the good times and the bad times!!!!!
    Fans who only support their teams when they are playing well are... well not really fans.
    I'll be the first to admitt that we have sucked this season, but when they do get their act together, it will make the victories all the more sweeter!!!!!!!!!

Without hestitation I will renew my season tickets for next season!

19. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Its not a matter of sucking my perturbed friend, its a matter of supporting an organization that obviously does not want my money and does not care about my support. I have brought dozens of different people to these games and have been responsable for buying a about 150 tickets for people over a several year span. I have also bought their crappy jerseys, awful media guides, attended practices when times were down, I had been the first after an opponents goal to stand up and start the singing, but after seven years of support, I am going to stop taking this crap, this lack of effort from top to bottom. Call it not being a real fan if you want, but a real fan would stop supporting a travesty of a club. I undoubtedly will attend a couple matches next year, but I can't see giving what little money I make to an organization that squanders it and doesn't appreciate it. I feel that a true supporter is willing to make the tough choice of choosing to not financially support this crap anymore. So I guess I am not a real fan....

Continue to throw money at Nick and OZ and encourage half-assed efforts, failing to put Mathis' name on the game roster, pandering to ethnic fans, players giving the finger and so forth, but not I.

20. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was more gung ho Metro and had more fun at games back in 99 when we were stink ass horrible.

but since that point the Metrostars have had 3 seasons to try to persuade me to stop coming.

I think that's what their marketing plan is....not to attract fans but how to disattract fans (if that's even a word)

They piss of a block of fans (be it ethnic, die-hards, etc) and then do nothing to try to win us back.

And that is why the fanbase has basically dwindled with the exception of the 2000 season.

21. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    I'll beer you on Sunday.

22. MetroZebra

MetroZebra New Member

May 24, 2002
    AMEN brother, AMEN!!!!
    I understand completely where you are coming from with this! It's not that the team is playing poorly, it's that the entire organization has no clue how to market soccer in the USA or how to draw fans out from all backgrounds. Instead, they try the same pathetic garbage year after year, to no trophies and alienated fans. Completely understandable. I can't blame you for wanting to be a part of that either. Hell, I'd rather support an A-League team at this point. Call me not a true fan or something worse if you will, but I am feelin' some kinda way about shelling out my money to buy merchandise, etc. for a team that seems not to give a damn, and an organization that goes nowhere.

23. Soccer C

Soccer C New Member

May 6, 2001
    NY
    Yup!
    My line is usually, "Who's watching Martinez (in Saturday's case)?" or, "Am I the only one watching (whoever's left alone on Ziadie's side)?"
    I like his hustle but he needs to play mid-field where he would have less defensive responsibilities.

24. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in keeping with the theme of this thread.

"THAT'S MY MAN, DON'T YOU EVER COVER MY MAN"