In JC we trust. The AJAX Amsterdam Thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think this debate has pretty much run its course. I could come up with more examples but it's pointless. I think we have to agree that both men were influential in their own way and leave it like that.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Bulykin picked up a foot injury. If it's a metatarsal, he will be out for a while and we will be down to zero strikers. I don't know if Boare is ready for the first team or not. I guess Ozzie and Lodeiro will be doing the duties up front now.

3. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Janssen off Serero on.
    Wait a minute.... you mean Janssen was playing?

4. Backspacer

Backspacer New Member

Feb 14, 2011
  5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    IMO this is on Vermeer

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When you go up 2-0 with less than 10 minutes to go in the match and you are at home with a big crowd YOU SHOULD WIN EVERY SINGLE TIME! This team is mentally weak and has been all season long. How many chances were squandered against an inferior opponent? Too many to count. It's the story of the season, incredibly poor finishing and conceding cheap goals. I don't even care about the CL match mid-week since this is no better than a mid-table Eredivisie club that really should be ashamed of their league performance this season.

Questions really need to be asked about Vermeer now. The first shot should have been saved unless he was really screened which was hard to tell on an internet feed. Hard to tell but his positioning didn't look great on Schilder's goal. He did make the one early save when the match was at 1-0 which I'll give him credit. van der Wiel got beaten easily by Jozefzoon with a resulting yellow card and he was lucky it wasn't in the box which would have been a sure penalty. Otherwise he had a pretty decent game going forward. I'm not rating any of our defenders as they really had little to do all match long until the final 10 minutes. Vertonghen has to put the ball in the net on that opportunity he had; he's a midfielder after all. Anita went forward well and had some good passes to the middle. After the stupid yellow card, Enoh had a decent match though it was difficult to tell if he was caught out of position when Schilder got the ball after the clumsy tackle on Eriksen. Janssen took the free kicks but again proved he is a liability in a pressing game; he's just too slow for this team and cannot defend. Eriksen had some good moments and should have done better with some of the offensive opportunities he had. Lodeiro was excellent coming on in a difficult situation and having to play up front in the middle. Good passes but some poor shot selection. Ebecilio was average. Sulejmani played well for the first 3/4 of the match and then ran out of gas; he cannot go a full 90 minutes. Boerrigter converted a difficult shot opportunity and it's too bad he could go the full match since he is so much better than Ebecilio. Serrero is to small and weak to play at this level. He got pushed off the ball way to easily.

Just a terrible result for a team that already was facing the need to win out the rest of the way and they all need to think about why this happens week in and week out. DISGUSTING!

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Can't really expect the team to perform at their best with everything going on at the club, but those last 5 min. were totally unnecessary. I'm glad we bought Cillessen, because Vermeer has lost the plot a bit for now.

I was fairly confident about the game, but those around me were very nervous. How typical that the equaliser came at the foot of an ex academy player. Can't see them qualify for the next round of CL with this current mindset.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, he took some free kicks!

9. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax is worthless right now in every aspect. I am ashamed.

10. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    the problem with Ajax right now is that they're more motivated to look good, than to get results. -That's my theory anyways.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lots of cute back-heels and juking throughout the match and only two goals when there should have been at least five against this quality opposition.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Hij Kenneth niet meer, die zal het niet Vermeer schoppen

13. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This will get more embarrassing when El Ham is called upon now that we are down 2 strikers.

14. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    UP two goals at home with 12 minutes left should be plenty-

-they have a bigger worries than who can score--the same ones they have had all year

Janssen and the backline---I actually thought they had turned it around over the last few weeks--then this let down

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd rather play without a striker than call him up. plus there's the fact that (I think) he hasn't played a game since sometime last season.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lengthy discussion of the current troubles is on the World Cup Blog.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I didn't read it. Just scrolled through it, but with lines like these

I doubt it's worth reading...

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought Ajax was quite good actually today. Lodeiro was better than I've ever seen De Jong, Bulykin or Stightorsson play on that position. Just the last 30 minutes they started to play like they were so much better that they couldn't lose. While it was only 1-0 even. And then those two unforgivable blunders from Vermeer within the last 5 minutes. De Boer must have been furious.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you would have a hard time coming up with valid examples. '90 probably is the first thing anyone would mention but it's a pretty well known fact that it was Rinus Michels who desperately prevented that from happening. Just like in the 80's when Rinus was head of the KNVB he wanted to prevent Cruijff from coaching Ajax because he had no diploma's. Cruijff invented the position Technical Director to circumvent Rinus. Recently a new biography about Rinus Michels has come out and it digs up a lot of dirt on him.

And on the other hand it seems pretty obvious to me that Cruijff is risking his reputation at this very moment for Ajax. While he really has no reason at all to do that except for the sake of Ajax and Dutch football.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What he should have done last year is told Dani that he is going to take a year away from his villa in Barcelona and move back to Amsterdam and straighten out the team from top to bottom. This is the only way it would have worked.

My favorite banner of the day was:

Apple = Jobs
    Ajax = Cruyff

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Cillessen has to start now to see if he's the solution. Vermeer hasn't extended his contract and I cannot see anyone buying him. This is the second league match in a row that he lost points for us.

I agree with your first statement regarding the offense but the bottom line is they squandered lots of scoring chances. Same thing happened against Utrecht.

22. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Could not watch the game. Review???

How was Van Der Wiel,Anita & Jansen(potential Oranje players)???

& the others Sulemanji,Enoh,Alderweireld,Vertonghen???

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van der Wiel - slightly above average but beaten badly by on-loan Ajacied Jozefzoon such that he had to pull his shirt for a card just outside the penalty box.
    Janssen - took free kicks and again showed that he is a liability for this team as he is too slow to press and cannot defend; hurts the midfield by his immobility; he should not be playing for this team and any thoughts of him playing for the NT will elicit howls of laughter from me
    Anita - good game but he is a better midfielder than left back
    Enoh - one of his better games this year; few lapses on offense and only a couple of silly fouls
    Sulejmani -good for 70 minutes and then runs out of gas
    Vetonghen - decent but missed badly when he ran in on the keeper
    Alderweireld - nothing to complain about as the defense was hardly tested all match long

24. QUOTE vagegast
    This will get more embarrassing when El Ham is called upon now that we are down 2 strikers.

So it will be less embarrassing (lest alone the loss in revenues) to drop out of the CL or miss the Euro league (if the latter is still possible)???

I hope FdB gets the players on edge for the CL matches as we really donot want to squander much needed UEFA coeff points.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    JC14, that quote is half right, Cruyff wanting Blind fired is indeed speculation, but on the other hand Danny is indeed very close to van Gaal. Blind being appointed technical director/manager was thanks to Louis.

Feyenoordsoccerfan, Its not squandering points when an understrength Ajax (no Sigie, Siem, Bully, Derk, Boiboi etc.) loses against Lyon at full strength (Lisandro and Cris are back)..

That being said however, a draw is indeed a possibility. I would like
    us to proceed in the EL however. Ajax are always better after the winterbreak, so I can see us going very far there and collect more points.

Anybody watched NOS those last 25 min prior to the basketball? It's funny how one half of the country are anticipating every news of the Ajax soap (be it positive or negative) while the other half hate the amount of attention it's being given (as wel as Ajacieden, but mostly rival fans). One thing isfor certain, Ajax are still by far the biggest club in Holland. :D