Post-match: I'm not starting the derby thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Lynne_mcfc, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Can someone with a better pedigree than mine, start the thread :), if indeed we want a thread. I'd be happy for us not have one.

2. SoccerCityFC

SoccerCityFC Member

Dec 28, 2007
    New Hampshire
  3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  4. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi SC

How are you?

5. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi Teso, welcome to our forum. How are you today?

That's a unique idea, let's put it to the vote of the City bloggers, because we like to be fair. Would you like Teso to start the thread?

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'm a bit tired but it is 0318. We had a big presentation on Friday so I decided to use Saturday as a day of relaxation. Tomorrow (today) is a day of football for obvious reasons. Speaking of which I'll need to head to bed soon to make sure I get up in time! :eek:

7. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Sooooo City decided to go with no derby thread?:confused:

8. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thread, no win, I'm sorry all I was out of town until last minute and had no time to put one up :(

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You are a disgrace. Hang your head in shame.

10. bleu_is_da_color

bleu_is_da_color New Member

May 14, 2007
    USA....
    u lost anather derbyyyyyyyyy

11. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but we took them twice last year

12. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    We were under the kosh a lot of the time during the first half and couldn't keep the ball out of our half. Credit to the team for their heroic efforts. The second half, we came out playing for an equaliser, but it wasn't to be. I was hoping that Man United would be down to 9 men, so that we could get a goal.

Hart made some great saves, the last one being the save of the season. And, who was running back with him? The player that covered every blade of grass on the pitch, who got up and carried on with the game even though he was taken down more times than the pins in bowling = SWEEEEEEEEP. He was everywhere. Tracking back and making great tackles. Ireland saved us a number of times when Rooney could only find him when he took his corners!

We had a few shots on goal, should've could've, that's the story.

A great team effort, edge of the seat stuff towards the end. I would've liked to have seen Elano and Sturridge come on earlier.

13. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Here's MCFC man of the match vote:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={996BBD59-7623-4F98-B60F-1289A151B214}&pollid=1665

Match report:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6623351&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=10&fromyear=2008&tomonth=12&toyear=2008

This paragraph made me laugh, British fans will know what I mean:

"But on 68 minutes the Blues were given greater hope as the Portugese winker was given his marching orders, for the second time in a derby, after inexplicably handling the ball from Rooney's corner."

And MH's comments:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6623332&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=10&fromyear=2008&tomonth=12&toyear=2008

14. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, SWP was everywhere. Hart's save was nothing short of spectacular and SWP being back there with him was even more astonishing.

15. SoccerCityFC

SoccerCityFC Member

Dec 28, 2007
    New Hampshire
    The playing field is now level. January is the new December for me. As I will get to see some new presents in that month versus Dec.

29 days till transfer opens up!