I'm Getting Sick Of It

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Legion04, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    betcha didn't know you were up against one of the members of the Natural Disasters

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That would explain the atomic leg drop off the top turnbuckle.

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    just look out for her friends:

[​IMG]

4. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zak, I lost it when I first saw the pictures, I'm still laughing now. I love how off topic this thread is going. It's like telephone. We start with how to become better behind the goal and now it's who can beat whom up. :)

5. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Rock 'N Roll Express sucked ass. The Fabulous Freebirds is where it's at bitch.

Then, I always liked Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

Oh and the Junkyard Dog always kicked ass too.

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed completely. I know I'm planning on moving my season tickets over to 137, no matter what supporter group is over there. More bodies=Louder. Simple as that.

By the way, if anyone needs a true evaluation of what good ideas look like, I'll direct you to Myshap's last post on the first page. Just re-read it and boy are you right on.

Also, I've never seen either of those dudes ever in my life. I don't know what you all have been smoking.

7. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're open to anything. We're very flexible and can move if it's needed. Other options include moving to the corner, moving to the sidelines, or even...to the south end. Just a thought....

8. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

9. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    George "The Animal" Steele

Andre The Giant

I can go on forever really.

10. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

CoCo Beware

Papa Shanga

Hulk Hogan's bodyguard Steamboat who changed his name to Tornado after he was betrayed by Hogan

Marty Ganetti

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck is all that nonsense?

Real PROductive, boys. :rolleyes:

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    My favorites were the Mulkey Brothers

13. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    I meant Tugboat

14. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Most craptacular ever...The Ultimate Warrior.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

"Oh yea, the Macho Man Randy Savage. Yea!"

16. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fidlerre, is your icon from "Amistad."

Back on topic, are any relocations in the cards? Your thoughts...

17. Superdrew69

Superdrew69 Member

May 9, 2004
    The Ohio State Univ.
    I would not reccomend moving to another section other than 137 because there is already a limited number of people willing to stand and sing. The best way to create more noise is just to do chants along with V-Army as you were last year, especially toward the end of the season. There were a few times when the chants would become out of synch, and a move to 137 would help with that problem.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I told Nick (I believe) earlier in the season, the groundwork for section 137 and standing the entire game has already been done. Locating anywhere else would be detrimental, and put everything back at square one.

The Legion can still continue to stand at the top, with v-army filling up the middle. If they want to join us in the middle of the section, that's also fine. I figure independents can stand near the bottom. I personally don't care what group people align themselves with, as long as they want to support the team.

The v-army and legion banners can hang side by side at the top of the section.
    We have the Columbus flag, as well as the yellow Crew one.

As a sidenote, does anyone know what happened to the banner that says "This Is The End" that used to hang at the bottom of 137?

19. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
  20. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Vast majority of best ultras groups in the world are made up of males ages 17-24 or so

At 30 I should be sitting in the back, sipping a beer and joining in a song when I feel like it instead of organizing tifo and jumping up and down on seat like a baboon to help lead singing :D

So nothing wrong with young guys, as long as they stick with it as they grow older, I started going to hardcore section at 13.

21. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
  22. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think anyone at any age can do it, if they have the passion and energy.

I don't plan on living in Columbus the rest of my life, but I do plan on coming back when I'm older and visiting. The Crew will always be in my heart, but I just wanted to get a youth movement rolling in Columbus. I know people my age who are part of Legion 04 who plan on living in Columbus and naturally when I leave, they'll run the section.

I have to get the signature sheet at UAHS going, but it should be no problem finding the signatures whatsoever.

As far as location...

So far the ideas are moving to the top of 137 with V-Army in the middle and the independents at the bottom. I'm alright with a move like that, to an extent. Naturally, supporters clubs like to find a section that becomes their "home." Though we're (Legion 04) young, 138 has become the section we identify with. Another possible move, still up for debate would have us moving down to the bottom of 138 instead of taking up the top. We would work up from the bottom instead of working down. Your thoughts...

23. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bad idea. Bottom half of 138 is where we sit. Screw up my wife's view of the second half marathon and she will kill you.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if I was in the Legion, i'd rather stand at the top. That way, you won't have people getting mad because they can't see around you.

A move to the top of 137 wouldn't be that big tho. In the grand realm of things, what's 10-12 feet to the left?

25. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Haha, good point. :)