I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. garygold

garygold New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    who can help me ?

I'm a french player , I'm 20.
    I played in professional team in France, Bordeaux, and Marseille.
    I did 2 games in national team of France (under 17 years), and 6 goals.
    I did trials in Chelsea, Leicester, and Glasgow Rangers.
    I have videos and newspapers to show everything.

I search a person serious who can help me to find a team in USA, with remuneration.(money)
    Contact me: straussgary9@aol.com

2. onlyifvickplayedsocr

Dec 30, 2004
    Re: I want get contact with somebody who can help me!!!

3. safe hands 01

safe hands 01 New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yo delpz how can you choose fredal and howard over seaman seaman has been voted as the best goalkeeper england has ever had after gordan banks. Even when brad and tim were in there prime i would choose seaman any day.

4. StartaRevolution

StartaRevolution New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falmouth,MA

First off best of luck to you. Anyone who wants to play soccer should! Check out the Premier Development League. They are semi-pro but you can make money if you participate in their camps. I have a high school friend who played in the PDL and is now a regular on the Dartmouth University squad. You could definitely break onto a PDL team. Check out what is in your area.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's funny how the Dutch brag about how good they are. Yes they've had some great individual players but as far as teams go, history speaks for itself. When was the last world cup they've won or better yet when was the last cup they qualified for. How can a federation send a national team to any tourney when they can't even have a little bit of racial harmony. If Cruyff couldn't win a World Cup, what makes you think the current pool can get it done.

6. Marcusofplymouth

Feb 15, 2005
    Janner town

OK, first off, Seaman retired last year. Second of all he was a league above friedel when he was in his prime. Thirdly, i am sick and tired of wan*y Europeans comin on here and mockin the yanks. We are all lovers of football and we wouldnt be on here if we werent. There is no disputing that european football is better than in the states so why point out the obvious. That's going to the crystal palace fan who supports a shi*te team if i do say so myself! I think he's a bit sour cos his teams getting relegated and going to lose Johnson in the process.

7. Marcusofplymouth

Feb 15, 2005
    Janner town
    Re: who can help me ?

Wait there, wait there, you played for Bordeux and Marseille and scored 6 goals in 2 games for the french national side (under 17). Well how come you only played 2 games with a strike rate like that and how come youre not playin for Man Utd or somethin. 6 goals in 2 games must make you one of the best international players ever even if for under 17!!!!

8. 0413117

0413117 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    England
    Re: who can help me ?

He's definetly talking out his ... If that were true (and no offence to the MLS) but you would be wanting to break into a top european side, not an MLS side. If your of internation pedigree why would you want to play in a country so far from your own. You'de never get called up for france.

9. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably played for a France 'pay for a tour' side not the actual U17's.

10. Marcusofplymouth

Feb 15, 2005
    Janner town

huh?

11. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know the sports international sport tours that give you a USA jersey and a ticket to two tourney where ever but you have to pay. Not an ODP USANT. This may be going no where, i don't what team it was on but oh well live and let live. Good luck pops whatever you do.

12. Profi

Profi New Member

Feb 15, 2003
    Dutch Amateur players really suck!

13. Orangeman

Orangeman New Member

May 14, 2005
    Scotland
    how can you say that?
    I have nothing but admiration for the soccer system in holland, a country of population 12 million is able to produce such a high quality of players, you hardly expect them to produce endless amouts of quality players, that would be expected of a country like USA, Germany...why is it their teams are not at the level of holand?

14. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London

Mate, the Dutch are class. The Brazil of Europe (style wise). Phenomenal record for a country of any size, let alone such a small polpulation. I actually think they've been unlucky not win a World Cup. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you did win a European Championship. Greatest goal ever scored by Van Basten.

Don't worry about turds on here. No frigging clue. Big heads and even bigger mouths.

15. soccerdude_200

soccerdude_200 New Member

Jul 3, 2005

i dont think we would have any problem in kickin ur asses in soccer not only soccer but evry other sport..

16. soccerdude_200

soccerdude_200 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    i dont think the dutch team is gonna win anything with vannsitelrooy if they couldnt win anything with the dutch master Dennis bergkamp.

17. SantosKid

SantosKid New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Miami - FL
    New (foreign) players to MLS

I am a newbie to this, and I am trying to understand how the soccer acquisition works...pls help !
    Let's suppose I have a South American young player, who I would like to bring to play here at the MLS. Pls entertain me and let's suppose we know for sure he is good enough to be of value to a MLS team, and American Soccer in General.

What do I do ?
    Who do I contact to offer him, the league or someone (who) on a team ?
    Who at the league , or who at team level, an asst. coach ?
    And if we all agree the player is good, he will sign with the league and not witht the team ?
    So there are no transfer fees then, he will just get offered a salary/contract and that's it ?
    Nor there is a transfer fee if he changes teams in the next few years (while in the league) ?
    But can he still have an agent, and play for the league ? How does the league see this ? Can he play for the league and keep his "pass" ?
    I aprecciate any help in explaining this....

Thanks !

18. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league signs the players, but it's the teams that generally negotiate with the players and make decisions on whether or not to sign players. Each team is allowed a fixed salary budget, and as long as the team stays under the salary cap and within other restrictions, the league will sign whatever contract the team agrees with the player.

19. SantosKid

SantosKid New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Miami - FL
    Thanks. So I should go for the coach, (hopefully) he can evaluate a player (on a combine, or how hard is it to get an "audition", if the player has some credentials ?),
    Coach can then point player/agent to whoever they are going to discuss a contract with, inside the team ?

20. SantosKid

SantosKid New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Miami - FL
    You guys care to comment on it ?
    Summarizing,

A theoretical problem (the answer may be the abc of this thread):

I have a few South Americans (Europeans, Africans) from second division and/or from player's "farms" looking into making the jump to the USA, pay their dues a bit and be established by the time the USA Soccer general scope reaches larger levels - which we believe it will, and in a relative hurry.
    Such players would like to assist in improving the depth of skill of the sport here. Of course they have their own interest on it.
    We have many reasons to believe they will be able to perform at MLS level immediately;
    and they are fully aware of the discrepancies in salary between here and Europe (their usual route from South America) but are still willing to come and build up with it.
    I have seen this happen in other sports, and it has been great for the national competitors (influx of foreign - or any, for that matter - talent, will elevate the whole pool up).
    So he gets a try-out, either collective/combine or a special "interview" (how ? Is this possible) and (upon showing his good skills/attitude/etc) is offered a contract by the team, which the player will sign with the league. This will be for a salary, bonus, and that's it ?
    One of the doubts is the transfer $$, what is the procedure if a MLS team transfers a player to another MLS team ? Is there a transfer fee involved, as in Europe or South America, and who gets it ?
    What if the player is then "sold" or transferred to, for example, an European Club ?
    Other thoughts ?
    Any comments/takers ?
    Thanks !

21. godedwardo

godedwardo New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Same Problem!!pliz Someone Help!!

I am a Kenyan male aged 18 and am damn mad about playin football at higher levels.I come from a background thats unable t make ends meet.I strongly believe in ma talent but unfortunately noone is arond to realise whats cookin in me.No facilities,no exposure,no encouragement.U can imagine how ones talent fades away coz of reasons that are not that bearable.Pliz!!Can someone come out and assist me in any way so that i can make ma dreams come true....I know i wont dissapoint anyone.....PROMISE.Ull reall be proud f me one day when i get there.I potsed ma thread earlier but no one seemed to hear my distress call.Pliz!Pliz!!Can someone do whats best for me and i gurrantee him/her that there will be no regreats.Either a schorlarship or a trial in some club can illuminate mah heart.
    Edwin,Kenya,Kisii.

22. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Re: Same Problem!!pliz Someone Help!!

If I deposit $1000 in your bank account, will you send me $100,000 in three weeks?

23. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    hahaahahahah that may of been the funniest thing i have ever read

24. LarryBBB

LarryBBB New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Re: Check out Sportsvite.com.

I just used Sportsvite.com to put my soccer team together for this league we’re in. Very helpful, but we still need one or two more players. Anyone interested? Ping me on the site.

Larry

25. folakan samuel

folakan samuel New Member

Aug 9, 2005

Im from the nigeria
    im playing soccer also over here
    but what i want is to come to the USA to play soccer.
    firt i want it for a couple off month next year in the summer.
    but if there is a chance by a proffecional club, maybe not in the highest leaque, i want to stay.

but now i want somebody who can help me or can give me adresses.

im 17years old

more information later...

greeting from seyi