I'm from country X and want to play Soccer in the US (trials, etc)

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by jeroen, Sep 8, 2003.

1. hail columbia

hail columbia New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    New Jersey,U.S.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's simple...when you're in the 'Soccer in the USA' section,click on 'new thread' ;)

it's yellow and it's above the posts.

2. ArgentinafortheMLS

ArgentinafortheMLS New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Rosario - Argentina
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for your answer.
    My problem is that when I click there "New Thread" does not allow me to enter.

I think is because I am new. Is that possible?

thanks

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. You can try sending a private message to a moderator or administrator to ask how long it will take until you can start a topic.

4. ArgentinafortheMLS

ArgentinafortheMLS New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Rosario - Argentina
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. irishmls

irishmls New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Abha
    guys anyway i can arrange a trial with like san jose earthquakes? or does it work like that. ill be back in california in summer(i was born there) and would like to see if i could try out? prob unrealistic but just want to know. i dont know if id be good enough for mls and im nearly 21 but i play in the leagues here(the highest outside the league of ireland-dusnt say much) but also football here doesnt suit me. im good but mentally im not the best, get put off easy

6. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Earthquakes have an open trial every year. I think most MLS teams do. It was about 6 weeks ago though. But they can work if someone's really good enough in that the Quakes are working to sign a player that came from the open trial and another one was invited back as a guest player which probably means they're going to keep looking at him through his college career.

Other than via open trial, I think you'd have to have an agent.

7. Rica11

Rica11 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Club:
    Aalborg BK
    Check this out

www.invisionfootball.com

They offer an assessment camp in LA with some players getting to trial in Europe

8. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    hey'just moved here from ireland'iv played in the top 2 legues in ireland'pro and semi pro.living in nyc 1 week.looking to play at highest level possible here im a striker.emailed lot of clubs but they prob get emails all the time i need to get into the highest amateur league possible and impress or else a try out.im lost in this city its so big dont no where to go to find a decent club,please help me guys who are in the know of the american soccer scene.is there try outs what is the highest amateur semi pro league etc...thanks guys!

9. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a little late in their short summer season, but there are several PDL (Premier Development League--a semipro league) teams in or near NYC. See this page:

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/

Check out the listing for the Premier Development League just underneath the USL Pro listings. There are several geographic divisions--you should probably start with the "Eastern Conference Mid Atlantic Division" at the top of the second column; there are several teams from the NYC area & Jersey you could check out. Keep in mind that they play a summer schedule, so they're winding down for the year.

10. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    thanks for the advice man'wat do ye guys do for the summer then no soccer?or do you have indoor/astro leagues,im goin crazy for a game!when do most semi pro/pro/good amateur teams start pre season?

11. ganderif

ganderif Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams here play their season in the summer and take winter as their Off season. The opposite of everywhere else. Pre season would start in late februaryish. Depending on how old you are you might be able to try out for a college team, but if you have ever been payed money to play soccer you can't play college.

12. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    dam i arrived at the wrong time!surely there must be some competitive indoor/astro leagues kicking off'chelsea piers is right beside me that place looks really cool.

13. ganderif

ganderif Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Major Indoor Soccer League which I believe is semi pro schedule starts in early november and they have a new team in syracuse, new york. This club was formed after a merger of two teams from an outdour league.

There are two other indeer leagues which are both amateur/semi pro the Premier Arena Soccer League and the Professional Arena Soccer League, but they both have no presence in the northeast.

Outdoor Teams in the NYC Area I would suggest for you would be the
    Brooklyn Italians, playing in the NPSL the 4th level.
    The Brooklyn Knights which play in the PDL the 4th level.
    Westchester Flames PDL 4th level.
    New York Athletic Club NPSL 4th level.
    Jersey Express SC PDL 4th level. They're in Newark New Jersey which right by NYC
    New Jersey Rangers PDL 4th level. Same as above
    Morris County Colonials NPSL 4th level. Same as above

The Cosmopolitan League
    This is the fifth level league for the NYC area. They play a winter schedule so they are in preseason right now. This is probably your most probable chance of getting on a team.
    http://www.cslny.com/index.php

Here is an individual application to join the league
    http://www.cslny.com/form.php?fid=8
    Barnstonworth Rovers holding tryouts
    http://www.barnstonworth.com/2011/07/201011-award-party-summer-trials.html
    Central Park Rangers have open practice on pier 40 on mondays
    http://centralparkrangers.com/cpr/blogs/clubnews/pages/training.aspx

Make sure to follow up and let me know what happens :)

14. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    thanks man'il let u no how i get on'emailed both of them so hopefully il be training with someone next week!

15. HamsterMan

HamsterMan New Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    To be honest if you've moved for footballing reasons you should have stayed in Ireland. Premier League clubs scout there very often as well as clubs in the lower leagues in England

16. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    no i moved for work reasons.i agree with your point though.if you do well in ireland your snapped up pretty quick..too quick in a lot of cases!im drunk.

17. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ok so 2 or 3 of the top amateur tems emailed me said they would like to have me but dont start til pre season...i see some teams in the misl are having open try outs in syracuse and rochester i think there the 2 closest teams to me in nyc so im definitly gonna go to them n see give it a go!

18. nikki-sixx

nikki-sixx New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    any ideas on the money these guys make?its meant to be pro...?

19. ganderif

ganderif Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Id say The MISL pays about 10,000 to about 50,000 a year. All the other ones i listed probly make about zero. :) Thats in $ ofcourse.

20. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this.

21. joersede

joersede New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I´m from Spain and I wanna try to play in the USA. What ways are there to make it possible? Any real possibility? thanks

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2012 MLS season starts on March 10 and the NASL season starts on April 7. If you want to play in either of those I recommend contacting clubs immediately. Also keep in mind that you won't be paid much. Where have you played before?

23. joersede

joersede New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I´ve played in the third division of spain. I think that if I have enough time to train I could get a high level. I just need an opportunity. I don´t mind earning money, if it´s enough to life there, I´ll be happy.

24. ganderif

ganderif Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What big city are you closest to? Or are you still in Spain?