I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So what was the plan if ZZ had gotten his way and Gareth was gone, who was he going to play there, and don’t tell me Pogba, Marco?

YOUNGSTARS87 and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1602 Saeta Rubia, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Bale started the first Clasico and several other big games like Atletico, Sevilla and PSG away. ZZ started dropping him from big games recently only. He got some mileage with ZZ after the first match at Celta and then Villarreal away. Hazard missed a lot of games as well.

Asensio tore his ACL in the next game after ZZ's press conference wanting Bale out. Also all that was when Bale was talking with a Chinese club. There are reports that Bale backed out at the last minute because he didn't want to stay away from his family(they were going to move to UK if Bale went to China) and club did a PR exercise that they blocked the move due to no transfer fee. And Bale has refused all other offers including from China ever since even in Jan window.

2Magia2 and Modric-87 repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane likes Marco a whole lot. I'm convinced he plays a healthy Asensio over Bale.

Prit Javier and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On topic, a possibility I suppose, off topic IMO both are equally invisible out there on that right side far too often for long stretches of matches

CivilProtection and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Curious, i've played against people several levels above me, but i've never really felt that way. Some people are just too good Zidane was a sport defining player.

7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    And rightly so.

lukita, Doni, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4 others repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't know about "rightly so", but it's probably the correct decision even though my confidence in him has significantly wavered.

Stiliyan, Saeta Rubia, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know how your confidence in Zidane can be so thin yet you believe so much in Pochetino.

It literally doesn't make sense.

One has won, the other hasn't

AriGold repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    My confidence in Zidane is based on Zidane's performance as a coach this season. He has made bizarre and borderline unacceptable decisions for a coach of his caliber that have not put this team in the best position to win. I don't think anyone can argue that. I need to be convinced that something is going to change in the future if he does stay.

Stiliyan and 2Magia2 repped this.
  11. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has made some baffling decisions in the past couple of weeks, undoing some of the great work that had done during the season, true, but let's be real, who is gonna replace him? There's a very high chance that the replacement would be a disaster.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As long as he recognizes his flaws and takes the necessary steps to address them, then I don't have an issue with him carrying on. I do think there should be far more scrutiny on him next season if he repeats the same mistakes with the squad and his tactics.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No coach is perfect and it's asinine to expect Zidane to be perfect this season when the guy you want to replace him with had even worse season... and has never won a title as manager.

Zidane has done more than enough to recieve out trust and it shows how poor we are as supporters when we can't even give him the benefit of doubt or even back him during a rough patch.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane is heavily scrutinized though.

Everything.. every decision is met with insults and questions of his capabilities.

Easily forgotten are all the decisions he made which he was brutally insulted for which turned out amazing.

Prisoners of the moment who when proven wrong (again) quickly forget they are the ones who don't know what they're talking about and latch on to the next fade to degrade the man.

15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Can’t help but think it’s a sentimental decision by the club to keep Zidane.

Heavily exposed as a coach since not having the reliability of Ronaldo who plastered over the weird coaching decisions.

It’s not just him though. I don’t think his assistants and coaching staff are up to the job either.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would you sack the coach during a flecking pandemic crisis that kills hundreds of people every day?

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Lol

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No matter who the coach, any of them would be exposed, Ronaldo did not plaster over weird coaching decisions he plastered over the fact that without him we have trouble scoring goals, no manager was going to change that once we lost him, kept Gareth had Hazard overweight and then out for the season and had to rely on Benz to do the heavy lifting in terms of scoring, did ZZ make some weird choices yes, but no coach is going to have much of a different outcome with these current attackers I think, unless they have some magic trick that I don’t know of

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you want to say it's the pandemic that saved ZZ his job.

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm trying to say that whoever makes a decision based on this season the way things pan out should be administered to a mental institution.

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    20/21 with Marcelo and co. still having substantial roles instead of being in Miami enjoying semi-pro football, and we will see what certain posters will be saying then.

That is crucial point for me. Zidane having or not having capacity to clean the house completely.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point the financial aspect plays a huge part. Is Zidane really this bad that we'll pay multiple million Euros to replace him during this time?

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Season is dead, why replace him during this time? I am talking about 20/21 and summer / fall window. If he does not clean the house completely, i will support his departure.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point we don't even know when/how/in which form football in Spain will begin again. I get it that there's not much to talk about right now, but we're talking about a season that might not even begin in 2020.