I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sometimes I miss the days when you read news in a newspaper, at least you knew what paper was crap/tabloid and which one were serious.
    Now days, headlines are just method to get likes/re-twitted.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can simply do what YS does and believe what sounds good to you,

MaxY repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    And you pick whatever doesn't sound good and go with that to be fair.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You mean doesn't sound good to you.

6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    No i mean actually doesnt sound good, to any Madrid fan.

You: we can't, we can't, we can't oh did i forget to tell you that we can't? well we can't.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When it comes to Zidane I've said a million times to me Florentino would never fire him. We'd need to have some kind of tectonic plate shifting moment for Florentino to fire him.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I dont think he would be fired either, i meant your takes on transfers is mostly on the negative side, i get that YS is overly optimistic but your pessimism probably matches his optimism lol i believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's why I take them all as trash. It's sad it has gotten this way but what source can you actually believe?

We already know AS agenda. When the like of Marca, Pederol and even actual papers like ABC hype obvious bullshit for sales, it's nauseating.

I mean we had these same guys in less than a month go from Madrid being broke and in peril to Madrid buying everybody. Just like some on this forum; they're are flip floppers. Their stances is primarily hoardes if negativity until something good happens then they switch their stance and act like they have always spoken well or without bias.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then again when El Espanol posts a "Thank god for Real Madrid" article after our match against Atalanta saying that at a time when everything goes wrong, you can trust Real Madrid to represent Spain in europe, it doesn't get posted here, it isn't being discussed, it isn't even noticed. When Tomás González-Martin, who does the Real Madrid beat for ABC is called a sellout not a journalist because he openly celebrates the team, it's crickets. Go tell that guy how to be a Real Madrid fan, who made Real Madrid his day job, what a joke really.

But when there's a negative article or something in the form of an opinion we don't agree on (the club's economics, structure etc.) it's all about thejournalistic integrity.

At some point you have to print something and if people are so shook by newspaper articles they should stop reading them.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I will never understand why Real Madrid fans enjoy reading things against the very club they support.

ZZ wins 3 UCL and 2 leagues - still he is a tactical banana

Perez creates all this, yet he is stupid and doesn't know anything.

It really is weird.

ThePlayBook and petros93 repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Moreover, the idea that the spanish press is majority negative on Real Madrid is an incredible joke.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since very few of us here are from Spain, we don't really care about Spains representation in these competitions.

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not the topic though. It's this weird "they all want Real Madrid to fail!" thing i see from time to time which is quite weird. Real Madrid has the arguably most fans in the country, sometimes it's good to stop and think if it's productive for a publication to wish failure on something they're actively selling to.

The press does what people ask for. We win, and everything is an ode to the team, we lose and it's transfer discussion. How are we as a forum any different? People are kicking off transfer discussions mid match thread. It's natural that the sports media will produce content the readers want.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In this day and age, drama sells more than the truth.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Firs thing i did at a Spanish newspaper stand was buy an AS and a Marca issue, expecting The Sun level journalism but the reports are actually incredibly in depth. I remember picking up the Marca issue when the club signed Ronaldo and the paper had a disgustingly in depth article about how he plays, multiple pages about anything he does on/off the pitch.

You'd wish the big major networks would do as much work as the print issues of both dailies. The headline/cover is the eye catcher, but the print issue isn't too bad in my opinion.

The truth is way too boring anyway, even for this forum. See how people bite when the Haaland and Mbappe bait is dangled. People want to hear the "behind the scenes" stuff, even if it's wrong.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Second game in a row where Zizou’s tactics almost cost us the game then he eventually does the right thing and we salvage a point. Hopefully we start getting it right from the get go from now on or we could kiss any chance we have at the league good bye.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need to not mess up Valverde's future. This is a special player that we'll lose if we f*ck it up.

Lyra, Deep Pal, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  19. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah he’s like Casemiro in a way, got him for a low transfer fee and could be huge for the future. Modric and Kroos need rest too, a little bit of rust from them both in the last few games on a very high standard albeit.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has a long term deal but his agent has 4 players on Manchester City's roster. Need to be aware.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Regarding El Espanol, they tookover El Bernabeu fan site few years back. Sort of like Lonzowire on USA Today focusing on Ball family. So it's basically a fan website section like Defensacentral.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marca and AS are effectively fan newspapers. :ROFLMAO:

I think when Inda left Marca to return to El Mundo he said something along the lines of "i left because i wanted to work in journalism again".

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's my fear as well

I know Lukita is a legend and still awesome but please don't ruin Valverde by ignoring him to play Luka every match

madridista_hr repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Fede isn’t going anywhere, despite not starting, he’s still the first player off the bench usually, I’d worry if he started getting Odegaard type of minutes.
    Having said that it’s insane that he isn’t starting alongside KMC atm considering just how lackluster your right wing is, the left as well to a certain extent.

we should not be playing a 4-3-3, we should be playing with 4 mids always, heck Fede would provide more running down that right side than anyone we currently have anyway, his versatility is going to waste.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fede has been out injured for most of this season.

madridista_hr repped this.