IFF - An ESMS Manager Soccer League

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by southernwebb04, Sep 1, 2008.

1. southernwebb04

southernwebb04 New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    First and foremost, the IFF(International Football Federation.)

The league(s) are run using ESMS software, an open-source program made for football. There is no software needed to be purchased to become involved in the league, it really is about as easy as it gets. Don't think that because it's simple though, that you won't run across strategic decisions.

You'll start each week, by downloading and saving your team file. It's a simple text file that doesn't take up space, and takes about 2 seconds to load and save. An example, this is my roster for Sunderland A.F.C.
    [​IMG]
    As you see, it's easy to read and figure out but also including a ton of information. You can see how many games your player may be suspended due to cards, how many games he'll miss from injury, his ability and then his statistics for the season thus far. From there you can figure out what you want to do from a fixture-to-fixture basis.

You will need to download one thing, and that is a TeamSheet creator. There is more information on our web-site on how to do so, but it's a VERY small program that is pretty much used for plug-in-play. You'll simply launch the program, load your roster, and then place your players in what position and formations you desire. It also includes situational substitutions you can include for the match forthcoming. Here's what your team might start panning out with, when you're creating your teamsheet.
    [​IMG]

As you'll see, I've got my best goalkeep in net, my best defenders and midfielders set, and then an advanced midfielder and two forwards leading the way. From that program you can also set what tactic you'd like to use. Whether it be Long Ball, Defensive, Counter-Attack, etc. etc.

After creating your sheet, you simply hit the 'Create Teamsheet' button, go to our upload exporter, and upload it to the server. It took 5 times as long to write this, as it actually takes to do this. IF you go hard into statistics, judging your opponents history of tactics, and try and find a mismatch, it will take only 10 minutes of your time, if that! Sims currently run twice a week, so leading your team to a Cup might only take you a total of two hours of work during the season.

Currently we have multiple openings in our english league. A three-league set up, with our Premier league(Apex) containing 14 teams, second league(Crown) containig 14 and third league(Knight) containing 14 teams. This format allows for good competition, and a 26 week season so to keep interest high in your team. In the Apex this past season, the 7 top squads were just within 6 wins of one another, the eventual champion won by 1 point on the table. Every week you can read your match minute-by-minute, and see your team triumph or fall to a bitter rival.

Leagues that have teams, but currently aren't opening include a French League, Spanish League, Irish League, Italian League, Swiss League, Scottish League, Russian League, Portugese League, Dutch League. We look to eventually get enough interest and owners to have all these leagues running at full steam.

Here's the kicker to all of this.

We also have an IFF World Cup, and hold Champions League and multiple other real-life and created cups. You can lead your team to a Champions league title, or maybe grab your home land and try to gain World Cup dominance. Transfers and Loans occur between leagues across our universe, and once more countries and teams become finished, will leave you endless oppurtunities to get your young bench player some playing time, or add that key piece to make a run. With financials in all of our leagues, you'll be depended upon to make decisions to benefit your faithful and your organization.

If you are interested, you can go to our forums by clicking here. You can sign-up, and find a list of vacant teams from that position.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the Snifl - one of the first of the ESMS leagues ;)

SNIFL

I'll see if any of our SNIFL managers are interested.

3. southernwebb04

southernwebb04 New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    I saw that stuff. A long running league for certain. I kind of like the idea of fictional teams, but I got the chance to run my Sunderland squad, and couldn't resist. Good luck to y'all in the future.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted the link to your site on our mailing list.

I was in the original, GISL, but that died last year.

Geez been doing this for a long, long time.

Enjoy Anton and GMac with Sunderland by the way.

5. SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Hey, I'm Jeff (SecretAgentMan), and I'm the commissioner of the IFF. I'd just like to echo Southernwebb04's statements, and take the opportunity to invite everyone to check us out.

As far as fantasy soccer manager games go, we feel we've got a great one going, and with a 3-division English league, full-scale international scene (112 countries!) and a Champions League encompassing 12 European countries, you really can't go wrong. It's fun, easy to use, and best of all, free!

Come check us out here:

Join in the fun! If you're interested in joining, e-mail me: