If you live by thug play, you'll die by thug play.[R]

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Binchy, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    Well, well, well. Aside from Washington's superior attacking talent, the red card issued to the bleat defense was the deciding factor in a very entertaining championship game. How many times have we told you bleat fans? Thug play is stupid, boring and untimately ineffective soccer.

Congrats to the Freedom for a well-deserved championship!

THE WOMBAT RULES!

2. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Watch it again...Binchy "blind as a bat"...
    Wambach pushed Nancy down, not the other way around. Your "superior" attack was flat until the ref took out one of our best defenders. Washington won, but they could only do it by being a man up. Wambach should have been cooling her jets in the locker room, not Nancy. She pushed her down with her left hand and then tripped over her. All of us at the sports bar thought Abby had been tossed since the replay showed it was her that made the foul.

Your line about Atlanta causing the game to be stupid, boring and ineffective soccer is just ignorant. We are the most successful team (most playoff appearances...most wins...best GAA). Ineffectual is absurd. That final was an awesomely played game and our team has nothing to be ashamed of... it was anything but boring.

If you want Thug play, then rewind the tape and keep your eyes on Wambach and Grubb. There were several occasions that could have gotten Abby tossed. Grubb is one of the dirtiest players in the WUSA. She's a hack. So don't point fingers at the Beat and call their play thug like and ineffective when the team you're congratulating has a couple of hackers of their own. I suppost you think Mia and all her diving is effective, entertaining and beautiful.

You referred to the game as an "entertaining Championship"... that doesn't happen with only one team playing well. It also contradicts your statement about the Beat being boring. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth and out your @$$, which is typical. It makes for stupid, boring and ineffective posts.

Now on to the world cup....

WAR CANADA!!!! KICK SOME @$$!!!!!!!!!!!

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an impartial observer...

No way Wambach committed the foul. The only problem with the red card call was that it didn't result in a PK. It would have been much more warranted than the PK he gave Atlanta.

As for thug play, I didn't see anything but good hard play on both sides.

4. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many drinks had you guys had? Nancy tried to make a slide tackle and got 0% ball and 100% Wambach when she was the last defender. That's a red card, pure and simple. Even Nancy herself said it was a fair call.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

5. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    I find it very amusing when fans of other teams say things like this. In the first year of WUSA we were the most physical team, but we played the game the way it should be played on a professional level. If you don't believe this, then look at how ALL of the others teams have built their teams since then. The rest of WUSA have all done a great job of adding a physical aspect to their game as well as improving their skill level. We developed a reputation in 2001 and unfortunately this reputation has stuck even though other teams now can match us in the physical game. Just rewatch Sunday's game with an unbiased eye and you will note that Wombat can match Hooper in a "thug and dive" match anyday. I actually think that the Beat needs a little more of a physical nature on our backline. Don't get me wrong, our ladies are all tough, we just don't match up well against big strikers. Our struggles against Washington and Carowhina this year prove this. But that the fact that we do struggle against these teams indicates that these teams have matched us in the physical game. That's why I was VERY happy that we didn't have to play Carowhina in a semifinal no matter how much I wanted us to throw off the Courage Hex.

6. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Re: Re: If you live by thug play, you'll die by thug play.[R]

NA they just like to whip out their nasty game for the beasts, the league leader in fouls for the third straight year....no apparent threat to their crown yet..........

7. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Beasts and thugs

Wambach, who didn't even play in in the league in 2001, doesn't agree. She said of the Beasts:
    Other teams play to the level of thuggery of the Beasts. The Beasts are hacks who are dragging the league down to their level.

8. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Re: Beasts and thugs

Which teams are threating to fold? Atlanta?

We're not draggin anyone down. Last time I checked, anyone who was any kind of champion didn't get dragged down, but rose to the occasion.

Washington rose to the occasion. The Beat didn't ruin jack all, and the sooner you realise that, the better off you'll be in choosing a better team to cheer for.

9. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Re: Re: Beasts and thugs

We won the Founder's Cup, for criminy sakes. Your midgy, satanic team of no-class hacks, coached by one of the biggest a-holes in the world never will.

Atlanta STILL $ucks.

And they always will.

10. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    Re: Beasts and thugs

As if Wambach would ever admit that she is just as bad if not worse. It suits the rest of the league fine if Atlanta is stereotyped as a thug team before the whistle even blows. We know we play tough but the level of preemptive whining that we face from every opponent is ridiculous. Washington won because Wambach "out-thugged" our back line. I think she did a good job. She played like a target striker should play. What bothers me is every opposing coach playing mental games with the referee before they play us by telling the ref to watch out for the Atlanta "hacks". This is an area of the mental game where Coach Stone has failed his players. Whenever he hears crap like that he should publicly fire back and embarass the league. Here is a suggestion...."A select group of founding players are allowed to get away with murder on the field including diving, whining, hacking, b--ching openly at refs and throwing tantrums when things don't go there way, all without the threat of any disciplinary action from the league." Stone should say things like this repeatedly and publicly and take any fine the league hands out. Eventually they will get the message and correct the problem. You call Stone an @$$. In my opinion, he is not enough of an @$$ at times. As for rough play, I think the league is better for its continuing development of tougher players. Though I think Wambach needs to turn the constant whining down a notch in the WWC or it will cost us. In conclusion, you can rag on the Beat for being hacks all you want but just remember the nastiest foul in WUSA history is still the hachet job that FOULy put on Sawa in year #1. Surprise, surprise the league didn't discipline FOULy even though the ref was standing right there but Parlow received the leagues first red for retaliation when play should already have been blown dead. This kind of crap is why the Beat and there fans don't feel guilty about being called hacks. I watched that play from the stands and realized that WUSA had become like the NBA in that it would pamper its stars even to the extent of effecting the outcome of the game (this applies mainly when we play SD and SJ). Gripe all you want, but the league is three years old and coaches now know what kind of player it takes to survive in this league. Surprise, surprise you are seeing more players brought in that can compete physically.

11. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    Re: Re: Re: Beasts and thugs

Ah, good times. :D

12. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Re: Re: Re: Beasts and thugs

And where were yous this season?

Go check the standings. Second place is much better then whereever your crappy ass hags ended up.

13. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Beasts and thugs

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Mel, ya gotta realize as far as cutdowns go...you're above and beyond XYZ's league....an adult that uses 'criminy' in an actual sentence...isn't much of a challenge. Let him continue his support of Nuttuck United. The Cup is his only ace in the hole...Carowhina's seasons so far: ...sucking in last place...sucking with the Cup...then...sucking again w/o a playoff appearance. Atlanta is the most successful team in the league. yeah...we still need to win the Cup...but they have the best and most vocal fans in the league... they will win the cup and add it to their many successes already achieved. Other teams have even told us that Atlanta has the best support and that their fans make Herndon a difficult place to play!

XYZ is upset because the only time Carowhina fans are vocal is when their mascot is looking for the loudest fan so they can win a free pizza. Herndon's annoucer never has to beg the Beat fans to be loud...that's all the Courage's annoying announcer does!!! One section of Beat fans can out cheer their entire stadium. Remember these words from your announcer?... "come on Courage fans, this is our stadium!" He had to keep reminding them of where they were because Beat fans made it sound like "Herndon on the road!" The Beat has loud and loyal fans...that's something many of the WUSA teams can't say.

The Beat will be back next year to continue with their:

Bone crushing
    Ego breaking
    Ass kicking
    Thugging ways!!!!!!!!

...and we'll be there in great numbers and massive support to make sure they do!!!!

WAR BEAT!!!!!!
    FOUL LEADERS THIRD SEASON IN A ROW!!!!
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Wow, Beat fans really are sad, just like their team and their coach. I guess the fans are thugs too. Interesting. And for all that the Beat have accomplished in the regular season, they are the Buffalo Bills of the WUSA. BTW, has anyone seen Cindy Parlow? I heard she was on the Beat roster, but she was nowhere to be found in FCIII. I hope she's ok.

15. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Beasts are thugs and hacks

The Beasts' thug reputation is well deserved and it comes from coaching. That no-class rock-head Stone teaches thuggery and then turns around and bitches about the refereeing. He should shut is yap.
    Why would that bother you when Stone is worse? And he's a hypocrite about it.

Beasts fans are so lame! They make a big deal about regular season wins, which don't mean jack. And when they lose in the big game, they don't congratulate the winners. They make excuses. They bitch about officiating, despite the fact that it was the Beasts who got the breaks on the calls.

The Beasts are the team nearly everybody loves to hate.

And deservedly so.

16. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Parslow figured out how to become invisible.

17. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Re: Beasts are thugs and hacks

Everyone makes it SO clear that they hate us. We get called names and all other loverly shat like that. Why would I EVER EVER want to be nice to asses? You get what you give ass clown.

Washington can kiss my thug hacker ass.

18. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    Works for me.

19. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.

I was actually realitively complimentary of Washington and their victory in my posts since the game. As a militantly bias Beat fan, I still think that top to bottom the Beat are the best team in the league. Washington saw that they had one advantage, the height/power advantage of Wambach vs. Augustyniak/Nonen. They used Mia's strong ball placement and, although Nancy and Sharolta played well, through constant pounding, Wambach eventually ate our lunch. More power to 'em. Even though I am pissed that my team lost, I am able to respect how the opponent did it.
    My whole gripe revolves around the title of this thread. Independant of FCIII, because the officiating in that game wasn't bad, I have a serious problem with the officiating in WUSA. All of you are admitting that there is a general concensus that you hate the Beat.....Fine.....The problem arises when the referees obviously feel the same way. The refs job is to be unbiased no matter what. The Beat were the most physically demanding opponent in the league in year 1. I'll admit that. But the league has changed and other teams have caught up to and in some cases passed the Beat in their ability to physically impose their will on opponents. The officiating has not changed accordingly. We still carry the stigma. I don't like the fact that other teams are able to use "hack" tactics against us with impunity because of this. Sandra Hunt hates our @$$ and makes it quite obvious when she calls our games. I sit right behind the Beat bench so I am very fimiliar with Coach Stone's behavior as well as how the league officiating crew deals with the Beat. EVERY GAME the 4th official camps out right next to Stone and gets in his face if he so much as opens his mouth. I've seen the opposing coach going ballistic at the ref but the 4th official doing nothing. Why? Because he is camped out by Stone and his view is blocked by the TV crew. I wasn't an @$$hole fan in 2001, but I am now. Watching what goes on for 3 yrs. and 30+ home games gives you a pretty good idea of the politics at play. Consider what is worse, a team that is up front about being aggressive or teams like SD and SJ who use the FOULy/Brandi political(whining,diving,never receive a card) factor to swing the outcome of games while giving the camera a "lady like" wink and a smile.
    I don't know if the Gaston play in FCIII was a legit PK or not. The only angle I've seen since was the camera angle from behind and that was inconclusive. I have to admit that the first thing that comes to my mind when people claim that is was a crap dive is "fine...give us 10 more of those in crucial situations and we will call it even." We lost two points this year because of Fleeting's dive in the box gifted SD with a tie. For those who can count, that would have given the Beat the regular season title. Lets also not forget the refs complete refusal to call two blantant PK fouls late in the semifinal against SD that almost cost us the game. The league wanted SD at home in the final sooooo bad that they couldn't stand it. Regardless of the fact that the Beat worked just as hard all season. If you say that the officiating is fine, I'll just respond with the immortal words from 'The Outlaw Josey Wales'....."Don't p!ss down my back and tell me its raining'.

Are Beat fan's militant? Yes
    Is our Coach an @$$? Yes
    Does WUSA need to reevaluate its' officiating? Yes

Once again congrats to Washington. The above rant was not targeted at you or your performance in the final and you beat us fair and square. I just get pissed when people criticize the way my team plays with all of the political garbage that goes on in this league. However, as a three year season ticket holder, and a fourth year on the way, I have loudly and proudly picked my team. It appears that it is the Beat against the world. I guess its time to circle the wagons and let the lead fly!!!!! :D

20. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    And she still couldn't do anything, that is truly impressive.

21. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    What kills me about Parlow is that she will play like a madwoman with the USWNT...she'll probably score a sh!t load of goals for them this year and basically only had one good game for the Beat. I just don't get it.

22. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA

Yo...dumb@$$... last time I looked regular season wins and a successful season is the deciding factor for getting to post season. Perhaps you forgot, since your team has majorly sucked @$$ for two of the three seasons!!

You hate us??? You really hate us??? Oh the HORROR!! Don't say you hate us! Whatever shall we do! Life isn't worth living! XYZ hates us!! **tries to muster a tear for dramatic effect...**

Just in case you have missed it...

WE DON'T GIVE A SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with Mel about the "kiss my thug-hacker ass" ... not you XYZ... kissing the backside of Beat Fans would be too much play for you and would fall in line with those naughty fantasies you have about us... but, we'll call you if we ever reach "desperate and about to die" mode... only if DW is unavailable. :D