If you had to put together a starting XI for Qatar 2022, who would be in it?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Ofori, May 16, 2020.

1. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I suppose this is all because I've seen this kind of thing before. Bradley has supporters, he's had a great career despite what people want to say. Neither the USSF-friendly media nor Berhalter is going to bad talk the dude in public.

But the articles and comments have already started coming out about him not being the best option in Toronto. And he's not. And despite what people think here, I think Berhalter is quite aware of what age does to players (he's said so) and that Bradley isn't going to be the guy.

They just aren't going to dump on him publicly. I get a lot of you would love nothing more than Berhalter to say "Michael Bradley SUCKS and he's never playing again" but they aren't going to do that to him.

Just because they still mention him doesn't mean that they think he will be there in 2022.

Of course, I could be wrong. But I'm confident enough in this not to be worried about it. It's a long way between here and Qatar.

largegarlic and IndividualEleven repped this.
  2. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Who wants USSF or Egg to denigrate him? How about just not mentioning him when talking about your top team/options? Again, it's been 3 years of this, and it keeps happening.

I hope Ives, Stu, ESPN rando, Lalas, and Egg are all lying, and that you are the one who has the correct pulse. But again, I've seen this before.

And tangentially - what did Yeuill do to move behind MB now? Did he have a poor season in SJ? Somehow worse than MB (just kidding, that's not possible)? Everyone was slightly happy that he'd be our long diagonal maestro instead of Bradley, he's the one who played the "good" game against Canada, and everyone said "stop worrying about Bradley, it's Yeuill now". Wth happened?

3. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I doubt there's anything I can say to convince you, but I am curious, when have you seen all this before?

If you say Michael Bradley in 2017... Michael Bradley in 2017 was leading a Toronto FC team winning a domestic triple and almost winning CCL. My point is that Bradley is a much worse player now than then.

Marko72 repped this.
  4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    By throwing Bradley into the mix, Berhalter admits he wants that kind of game which means he can't argue with Adams when Adams wants to play that game.

We are probably condemned to Adams as a CB from now on. It will be interesting to see what Leipzig does going forward and exciting to watch Adams playing for Nags. For Berhalter, not so much....:sleep::sleep::sleep:

5. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Totally. That makes total sense. Berhalter mentioned "Brad-" as part of a list of names means he's going to convert Adams to a CB.

You've got it.