If Robinho's deal bounces off, who else should be bought?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Oscar, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, it looks like Robinho isn't as close to coming to Madrid as it first seemed, even *if* he does take this thing to the FIFA, that's no guarentee he'll be let go.....most likely they will make him honor his contract anyway.

So who to choose to replace this somewhat big signing in the hearts of the Madrid supporters?

.Joaquin isn't going anywhere with Betis trying to keep their team together for their Champion's League adventure.
    .I think I've read somehwere that Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new deal with Manchester (yay if true! :D)
    .Gerrard is a possiblity if recent reports are to be believed, but he doesn't really play on Robinho's position (like DeLux would have used Joaquin or Ronaldo because for some reason he's allergic to wingers)
    .Reyes is also still possible, even though Arsenal now want to tie him up for a longer period, and apparently aren't looking to sell or trade him as much as before.

¿So who would you choose to replace the Robinho transfer?

If this wasn't an impossiblity (although I don't see it as unlikely as past seasons for some reason, don't ask why) Torres would have been the perfect replacement for that transfer. Same position(s), young, already proven in the league, non-non-EU, and Spanish....but it's an impossibility, like putting pineapple on a pizza.

You could also choose 'none' to answer the question I guess, seeing as with Raul, Ronaldo and Owen (and Soldado or Portillo as a 4th) the striker positions are pretty much covered already.

2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    gilardino would be great! but to expensive i would say. besides', madrid needs his type of striker. they have enough ronaldo and owen types of strikers.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cesar Delgado, Chelito. Not sure that he would improve the team though, as you already have a few striker. Would add a different style up front though.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    before we buy strikers we need to lose some. Real is slowly shaking off the rep off just buying attacking players with the transfers of gravesen, diogo and garcia,..lets keep it that way until we move some strikers out of here

5. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reyes is still attractive as a LMF for us. That is probably where Robinho would have played. But there have been no Reyes rumors for awhile. Still...

I suppose that Solari might get more chances this way. He is a solid LMF, striker (sorry, I know Lux doesn't like those), or forward. Unfortunately Solari looks like he is gone - but if Robinho is out, that might change the equation.

Another option is to play Raul at LMF & Guti as the AM. Not much chance with Luxa, but you never know.

6. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    Gallo, Santo's coach said today that Robihno is not going anywhere, so it means that Santos will keep the 50mill. price tag on him. Real seems to be offering 25.

I'd like to bring up that one of the main people responsible for such a hike in Robihno's price tag is none other than depressed highly sensitive Ronaldo. His refusal to play the Confederation's Cup made Robihno a starter, with the results we see today. Also, Parreira and the Brazilian federation seem to be quite pissed off at Ronaldo, to the point of saying that in truth he isn't needed there. Brazil has too many strikers already, and Ronaldo, who alleged personal problems after his divorce and all that, was quickly seen running after women in Brazil during the competition and partying at night. Robihno played, and played well, his value suddenly increased and now Santos is in no hurry to sell him.

Who do we get if we don't get him? Robihno is not even training with Santos, refusing to play with them....this says a lot about him and now I wish he did come. Somebody who wants to play for Real Madrid so badly cannot turn out bad. If he doesn't make it....I say we get Reyes (to take on the LM and AM like Zidane), and keep Raul, Guti, Zidane to help in the AM. Ronaldo and Owen , well supported in a reinforced midfield should do just fine, and keep in mind that all Raul, Reyes and Guti can play both midfield and offense to cover up everywhere. I'd get Adriano though, who I think is the best striker there is in the moment, but Chelsea has been offering up to 85mill for him and his signing may be a lot more expensive and difficult.

7. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless what Ronaldo did or didn't do, the Santos coach has said he would fight this transfer as hard as he could last winter. He fought it then & he is fighting it now - and who can blame him?

8. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    Nobody, it's just that the market has been unnecesarily made more difficult on this particular player who is thinking in white with all his heart by others that think about themselves all the time more than about the club, or even their own NT.

9. The coach DOES NOT make decisions.....it is the PRESIDENT that negotiates and makes agreements......

10. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. I meant to write Teixeira, the president.

11. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    After all these press conferences and Robinho's job absenteeism, it seems pretty clear he is going SOMEWHERE, because the situation has become so that he can't really stay at Santos. I'd say that he'll sign for us, if only because we can outbid Arsenal and we have an agreement with the player... this works both ways... if we have an agreement, he agrees to play with us even if he has better proposals on the table, and we bid as high as we can to get him... we're probably going to get swindled, but that's the nature of Brazilian clubs for you.

12. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    No, it's not.

A few months ago it was not a problem for Real Madrid to get Luxemburgo - then Santos' coach - under contract.

Mr. De Souza, also known as Robinho, signed a contract in his own name. Now he wants to go and do what he thinks is better for him. I, for one, also think he should go. And the way he's doing the whole thing Santos' fans now want him to go, too.

13. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Right on the point.

14. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Sorry, but Parreira never said that. The Brazilian coach brought Ronaldo to the team in 1994, when he was 17. CBF's president, however, does not like prima donas. But Ronaldo is a starter with the Seleção and will be playing in 2006. It has never been in doubt. Robinho is an option on the bench right now.

15. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    Ronaldo was right to not play in the Confed. Cup. That competition is a worthless joke. They (the players) already play too many matches throughout the year - why should they give up their vacation for a meaningless competition?