If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira (South Africa)

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Rubinhogoal, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Rubinhogoal

Rubinhogoal New Member

May 19, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    (complete this sentence)

2. Slotback

Slotback Member

Jun 19, 2004
    ..hope someone can score some goals.

3. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    play bunker ball style futbol.. that works really well against mexico give Uruguay and France problems with speed

4. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira (coach of South Africa) I would ...

Keep my bags packed . The shit is about to hit the fan . Fingers will be pointed and questions will be asked .

5. Misterioso

Misterioso Member

Dec 10, 2005
    If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira (coach of South Africa) I would have my resume ready or on the lookout for a good retirement home.

6. cms79

cms79 Member

Nov 25, 1998
    NYC
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira (coach of South Africa) I would tell my players to flop all over the place because we are the host country and all the calls will go our way.

7. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Would have used Benni's exclusion as a decoy
    Arranged with a midfielder to sacrifice his place to get Benni back
    Would have used the defensive wingback strategy as a decoy
    Would have used the central attacking instead of wing attacks as a decoy
    Would focus on the mentality and confidence of the team more than anything else.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Good one:D

9. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    So your whole coaching strategy would be a decoy?

Brilliant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

A sitting duck:p

11. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    if you guys would have noted...it seems to be a trend of most of the coaches...
    Robben being injured...their best player atm
    Drogba being injured....their best player
    etc

They are all trying to play mind games or to hide their strategies. You may laugh, but this happens...

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I don't think SA has any strategies to hide lol:D

13. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    [​IMG]

14. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
  15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mosco with a zinger!

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Woot Woot! This goes out to Emmex tommorrow my friend after what about 5 months of trash talking back and fourth between fans here, it will finally come to an end with Mexico putting SA to shame just my thoughts.

Cheers

17. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Based on what exactly? I could say a much lower ranked team as SA were at least equal to Mexico, if not better. On paper thus, Mexico's team really sucks...

18. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    And what would you say today? :eek:

19. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I'd say, damn Mexico nearly lost to that team?

20. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    hehe....

well "that team" was not the same team of yesterday...

21. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Agreed. :D Just want to razz on Mexico a bit bc it's cool. South Africa was totally different yesterday. Nothing that they showed with Mexico. No emotion, no attacking. Just flat.

22. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ... not waste the opportunity to eat the bullet I should have put in my head for the abject failure as Brazil coach in 2006.

Joking aside, though: fail.

First time a host doesn't advance. That's an albatross I wouldn't want to bear as a coach. Sure SA isn't the greatest team, but with some competent coaching and tactics, they could probably have bunkered their way into the second round.

23. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...be polishing up my resume, and putting together a game plan to beat France 1-0. At this point its about saving face, or getting really really lucky. Everybody knew that South Africa's talent stunk going into the tourney, and it was a horrible draw for the host nation, hitting land mines in every pot. I figure someone will accept the excuses and Ill get a new job.

24. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira I'd do the following:

1) Tell the team to keep their heads up.

This is South Africa and the land of Mandela. We don't give up here. People in this country kept going when things looked a lot bleaker for them than this does for us now. Without them, we wouldn't be here. Without them, most of YOU would still be being oppressed and repressed. To honor them, we aren't going to give up, no matter what. If we go out and give good effort, the people will appreciate it, and so will I. If we don't, we dishonor all those who came before and we'll deserve the scorn we'll get.

2) Tell the team you still believe in them.

We were unlucky not to beat Mexico, and got some bad breaks against Uruguay (deflected goal, shot deflection falls to their player and they get a PK and a red on the keeper). They didn't score a clean goal XI on XI. We dropped our heads after that, and that's when Uruguay got the third (see importance of not giving up).

3) Tell them this isn't over and they still have a path to victory.

Though unlikely, this can still happen. Look what happened to the USA at Confederations Cup, needed a 3 goal win AND a three goal Italian loss. They did their part, got the result, and almost won the whole thing.

We almost scored 2 on Mexico, you don't think Forlan and company can get 3? Especially if they get an early goal? And Forlan maybe starts to smell the Golden Boot?

France has two options? Either come out super aggressively and try to score a ton of goals, or they'll quit and crumble. Either way, there is an opportunity for some goals. Maybe we get a lucky bounce for once.

I'm going to play someone up top to pair Mphela, Bernard Parker. This will allow Pienaar to play wide. Or maybe I'll play three up top (those three). Still, we are going to run like the wind on the counter, and press France all over the field.

If we get the first goal, I think they'll crumble. They hate their coach, and possibly each other. We don't. They'll give up. We won't. The don't have a whole nation supporting them, we do. They don't believe in each other. We believe.

Bafana! Bafana!

25. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    And who cares if you go through. Just give the ppl a great finish to hang their hats on. 4 pts and in the process a win over France can still be a great story. Usually that's good enough to go through and nothing to be ashamed of. I'm with them.