Idea for Supporters and Fans Going to NY

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by DCU9ted, Oct 20, 2004.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Why doesnt everybody bring white rally towels so we can look more unified? Just an idea..A good one or a stupid one..thats for you to decide...

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, they should be black!

K

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I say we just bring a Wall of Sound. I guarantee you they'll know we're there....

Black Death Towels would be cool though...... :cool:

4. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Is there going to be a "march" into the stadium?

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmm, let's see... Barra bus leaving at 12:00.... game at 7:30......

Might be more of a crawl** :D

**Rest assured that once inside, WE WILL BRING IT!

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    that might be first time some of the Barra will see team walk onto the pitch before game :p

Last time we were in jersey I brought 12 "6:2" signs for people to lift up when teams came out but that didn't work out that well (it was a last minute idea so I can blame myself for not talking to anyone else first). Tho it seams that lone 6:2 that was up made enough impact so I know it was a good idea. It's a long uphill fight from "you guys are blocking my view" to stands that look like this

[​IMG]

I give US fans sometime in 2020 when third generation grows up with it :D

PS what do you do with towels?

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Give them to ESC for drying tears and blowing noses. :D

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You swing them above your head. With a section of people it would be a cool visual (but it could also mean wacking people next to you in the head!)

The SEs made up some white ones with our logo a few years ago as a membership premium.

K

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    like with scarves but different because it would be single color? Makes sense :) I'm big fan of anything big and visual ;)

What ESC? Once they were down one goal I couldn't tell them from rest of the crowd, how would we find them :D

10. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    [​IMG]
    I have mine hanging on my cubicle wall as you can see.

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Why do they all want that airport manager guy fraport to die? I mean isn't that a bit rude? :D

12. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'll be bringing my lil' towel that DCU was giving for free at one of the games earlier this week... ;)

13. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK..towel ALERT!!!

While I am a no-show at this roadtrip...my brother is bringing some towels..

TOWEL COUNT SO FAR:

Black=6
    RED=12

I think they are Martha Stewart brand??? He invaded K-fart today for them.

~~~Worm~~~

14. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU had a huge box of the free Campbell's soups/DCU giveaway towels at the Blackout Blowout last night so Dave and Vicky graciously helped liberate them for the trip so we'll have a TON for the SEs and BB.

K

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What color are they? I was thinking of going by WalMart tonight and picking up a bunch of black ones....

16. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Sounds like those are the giveaway towels they had a few weeks back.....White with DC United Logo on one side and campbells soup on the other side. Inbetweeen hand towel and washcloth size.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I take it those were white? I'll still look into some black ones. I think it would be really cool to see the BB/SE waving a couple hundred black ones at the next home game. :cool:

18. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    They are white.....if anyone has any suggestions on dying/coloring them black while maintaining the DCU logo I could do them tonight and have them ready for tomorrow. Unless noone cares whether the logo shows or not, then I can soak them in black dye and dry them by morning.

19. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Wed eve I did a search on the net for black golf/rally towels on the net and to get REALLY cheap ones (like $.75/$.85 each with no imprint) you had to order like 500 of them (that's A LOT of towels!) I also looked at other sites for handtowels or even dish towels and to get 100 or so (for the SEs and BB busses) it was going to be more than I wanted to spend of my personal $$ (I gotta run club expenses by the Cmte).

I have though, ordered a case of black leis (144, plenty for the travelling SE and BB gang) that either can be worn or waved.

K

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How many do you have? I might try it on one or two and see how they turn out.

21. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yowza, that would be a lot of work (and might stain your washer?) but you could probably get some Rit dye at a craft store (like Michaels?) You might want to buy some cheap lobster pots to soak stuff so not to wreck your washer. I used to do tye dye in high school and messed up some spaghetti pots.

K

22. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    A huge box about half full, too many to count but definitely more than enough to go around for tomorrow maybe even next weekend as well.

23. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I have an old laundry tub in my laundry room, dye in it could only be an improvement...even black dye :D

24. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn Hippies :D

25. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I used to have a Pittsburgh Steeler Terrible Towel way back in the day. Of course, it didn't have any writing on it like the ones they do now. I just waved a gold towel when I watched Steelers games, either on tv or on the very rare occassions when I managed to snag a ticket to Three Rivers Stadium.

Myron Cope was the announcer who invented the Terrible Towel iea back in the early '70s. :)