I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Denmark on joining the wonderful world of Islam

Discussion in 'International News' started by Amerikaki, Jun 2, 2008.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What makes you think the rest of the world doesn't?

The rest of the world will, however, remark the fact that many peoples lives are influenced by your (Israel's) ways in a negative manner, among which many innocent lives.

And you should not forget that this conflict has it's effect on the whole world, sadly enough. So this is not an internal Israeli matter anymore. If it were, I don't know if Israel would exist today.

But what Israel does, is Israels business in the end. And frankly, I stopped caring a long time ago. Just pains me to see that those who seemingly lust for blood take it out on the wrong ones far too often.

But that's politics for you. A game of cowards.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Theo Van Gogh would have hated being hijacked by the right as some sort of martyr. He hated all organized religions, not just Islam. Basically, he hated everything that made people feel entitled to feeling superior to "the other".

3. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, TvG should not have been killed.

But him getting a beating would seem justified to me. You cannot expect people to accept everything you say about them. And there is no dialogue with someone who is out to do verbal damage.

Leaves us with two options, one of which was completely wrong on many levels. But that's what happened.

He was killed practically around corner from where I lived btw, maybe 250 meters.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if you don't like what someone is saying, it is best just to ignore them. By committing violence against someone, murder/beatings, you sanction their ideas as legitimately powerful. The United States has probably one of the most liberal free speech laws with regards to hate speech, and their are hundreds, thousands of people writing and saying unimaginable stuff. But for the most part they are just ignored and regarded as weirdos, racists and what have you.

These violent reactions, only serve to reinforce the view held by some that Islam is a violent and backward religion.

5. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    I would have done if a friend of mine that I did basic training with hadn't been killed in Afghanistan a few months ago. Now I just find it ironic.