I will visit Madrid in middle of Dec, are there any matches around Dec 14 in Madrid?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by EchoWW, Aug 28, 2002.

1. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    I'm a Real Madrid fan in Asia. I will have a trip to Europe in December. I will be in Spain from Dec 12 to Dec 23. I really wish to have the chance to watch a soccer match by Real Madrid. I wonder whether there is any game around that time or the week before the Christmas (Dec 20-22)?

Can anybody please tell me how to get the match schedules of Real Madrid and how I can get tickets for such game?

Thank you very much!

2. Rabon

Rabon New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Madrid. SPAIN
    -December:
    Day 1 Madrid-Sevilla
    Day 15 Madrid-Recreativo

The two only matches on Santiago Bernabeu.

If you go to watch the game against Recreativo is easy to buy the tickets. When you will arrive here in madrid, you have to go to the stadium and asked it. Normally they sell the tickets a pair of days before the match.But is better ask it early. Be quick couse in december a lot of people goes to madrid (very turistic) and I can imagine a lot of people will want to see THE BEST TEAM OF THE WORLD in one of the best stadiums.

Good luck.

Alex :)

3. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    thanks, Rabon

Thank you very much, Rabon.

I plan to fly to Madrid on Dec 12/13. I wonder whether it will be too late to get a ticket for the match on Dec 15.

In addition, are there any training sessions before the match, say on Dec 13 and 14? Is it possible for me to watch the players' training? I dreamed of seeing them and getting their autographs. That's somewhat one of my life-time dreams.

I'm living very far away from Europe and it is very difficult for me to visit Europe. I really really wish to "meet" the soccer team I have been in love for so long.

Echo,

4. Rabon

Rabon New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Madrid. SPAIN
    Dont worry. You can watch them training all days about 11 am in the "Ciudad deportiva".Is very near the Kio Towers. Is about 3 €. And everybody can go.

And if you really want to go the stadium. You can buy the tickets the same day of the match, but if all the tickets are selled, you can found around the stadium a lot of "toutings".
    And if you will pass in front the stadium. you have the trophy area. Where you can see our 9 champions league, 2 intercontinentals, and much more interesting things of our history (not only trophys). Is the door 3 and 5 of the stadium.(dont lose it)

Alex

5. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    I'm so happy to learn all this information from you, Alex.

One more thing, what time (local time) will the match start on Dec 15, 2002? I will have to attend an important conference in Barcelona on Dec 16. I will have to fly to Barcelona soon after the match.

Thanks.

6. Rabon

Rabon New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Madrid. SPAIN
    Is early to know it.Couse they can play that day or one day before. The same with the hour.
    Why?
    Easy, because we have internationals matches (Champ.League), and "Spanish Cup".
    And they have to finish the calendar. Im sure that about a week or a pair of weeks i can give you the exact answer.
    Normally if the match is on Sunday probably is at 7:30 pm(TVpay for it) and if is on Saturday could be at 9:00 pm.

But probably i can surprise you and tell you the champ. matches.
    Since 1 hour i know our rivalities in the Cham league.
    Are: Group C
    R.Madrid-A.C. Roma- AEK Athens-Genk.

Dont worry i will informate you soon.

HALA MADRID!!!!

7. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    thank you so much!

Alex, thank you sooooooooo much for these news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be mad with joy if I gonna chance to watch the champion league with our Real Madrid squard playing. Anyway, I won't leave Madrid until the match ends.

Thinking that I will fly across continents, over mountains and oceans, and come to Santiago Bernabeu stadium and watch the dream team in white play football, in person, I feel so happy with it.

HALA MADRID!!!!

Echo

8. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    Hi, Rabon,

Sorry for my impatience. Can I check with you whether the match Real Madrid - Recreativo will be on Dec 14 (Saturday) or Dec 15 (Sunday)? Currently I'm booking my airticket. I will have a very tight schedule, therefore I need to confirm the date of the match.

Is the schedule out? Will there be any Champion League matches for Real Madrid in December?

Thank you very much!

9. Rabon

Rabon New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Madrid. SPAIN
    Hello i found it.
    Real Madrid - Recreativo is on december 15. And probably we will score a lot of goals.
    http://realmadrid.metropoliglobal.com/calendario.htm

But i cant tell you matches of C.L. on December cause they finish the first round on November 11. After that you can know the next rivals.

10. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    thanks, Rabon. and the address of Real madrid club?

Thank you very much. Then I will stay in madrid till Dec 16 so that I can watch the match.

By the way, could you please tell me the address of Real Madrid Club? E.i. which area, which street, road, etc. I'm booking the hotel rooms in Madrid. I wish to book a hotel near to the club, so that I can easily go to visit the club, do shopping, and most importantly watch players training and watch the soccer game.

Thank you.

11. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Re: thanks, Rabon. and the address of Real madrid club?

The official adress is: Calle ****************** Espina,1. But you find the stadium more easier by the address: Calle Castellana, 144. "La Castellana" is the more important street of the city and the Gate 1 of the stadium is in the Castellana.

You can go to the stadium by subway taking the "line 10", the station is easy because its name is "Estadio Bernabeu". By bus with the lines 27, 40, 43, 120, 127, 147, 150.

There is a new subway line that go from Madrid airport to the city. And this line finishes in the "Nuevos ministerios" station that is at 500 meters of the stadium.

Near the Gate 1 of the stadium is the "Real Madrid Museum". There you can see the most important trophys that the team have win in its history and other things. Near the Museum is the Real Madrid official shop. There you can buy everything what you want about the Real Madrid. If you don't found something you can go to the other Real Madrid Shop that is in the other side of the stadium. If you don't find a T-shirt of your favourite player they make you one in half an hour.

The Real Madrid has opened the last month a Mega-store in the center of the city. There you can find even more things that in the stadium shops. To go to this store you have to go to the "Puerta del Sol". There is a subway station with the same name. This area is the more commercial area of the city.

About the day of the game the official date of the game is the december 15, like rabon said, but the date can be changed to the 14 if the RM play CL the next week or if the game is televised free - all the not ppv games are the saturday night. The television chanel can decide the game that will be televised a week before the match.

12. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Why you censure the name of a street!!!!!!!!!
    What is wrong with the word "C o n c h a".

13. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    thanks a lot for the info

Thank you for providing so much important information to me. I will have to plan well for my Madrid trip.

14. EchoWW

EchoWW New Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Singapore
    Where is the place for their training session?

Hi, there,

Thanks again for so much useful information. I have one more question, where is the place for the training session of Real Madrid? Is it near the Bernabeu Stadium? I'm thinking that maybe I should stay near to that place so that I can go to see Real Madrid players daily practice.

Gracias mucho !:))

Echo

15. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Re: Where is the place for their training session?

It is in Paseo de la castellana, 259. It's in the same street that the stadium but the distance is about 1 or 2 km from the "Santiago Bernabeu". You can go there from stadium:

- by bus, taking the line 147 to "Avenida Monforte de lemos".

- by subway, taking the line 10 to "Chamartin" station and then walk around ten minutes to the training grounds.

16. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think in Mexico c o n c h a refers to a certain part of women's reproductive system ;)
    (In Spain it doesn't, it's just a diminutive for Concepción -a woman's- name or simply means "shell", for teh knowledge of those of you who are studying ;))

17. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Re: Where is the place for their training session?

and it's called "Ciudad Deportiva del Real Madrid"

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Be sure to check out the club museum.