I watched the USWNT play a few games and I have to say

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by leppercut, Jun 21, 2011.

1. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're pretty good.

I normally don't watch women's soccer but i caught both of the mexico matches and I forgot which other played around that time, and I thought it was an actually entertaining game. As in par with some MLS games(not to demean MLS or the women, just comparing). I mean sure it doesn't hurt that some of them are pretty hot(who is the player that has a blond hair with a nice short cut?) but the level of play has increased from when i watched a game like 2 years ago.

Just wanted to say that I will try to watch some WC games, and that you have a new fan here.(Mods if this is off-topic, feel free to move).

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome :) A new fan is always welcome. We USWNT fans are a grumpy bunch sometimes but we generally enjoy it when new folks join the fold.

Women's soccer all over the world has really improved so I hope you enjoy what you see in the WWC.

Just a warning, there's some pessimism about the USWNT (roster selection, play, coaching, etc) right now guilty as charged but once the games started I think we'll all be cheering out little hearts out for the team. I know I will.