I want to get this through everybody freaking head!!

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by Lucho305, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even Don Garbers!! Why when people say I want MLS to go to single table do people automatically assume that it discard teh play-offs!!?!?!?!?!?! Look at this article that says about MLS going to single table and discarding the play-offs!!

Why the hell does everybody think that!! I want to go to single table and have seeds 1-8 go to play-offs regardless of conference..

Prime example of teh conference screw up is that last year The crew and the red bulls were in the final!!

Now if MLS was in single table the Crew would have played teh red bulls in the FIRST ROUND!! and then ther would be no contraversy as to why the Red bUll wen tto the final of the MLS CUp!!

SO IF MLS GOES T SINGLE TABLE THERE WILL STILL BE FREAKING PLAY-OFFS!! AND NO SINGLE TABLE DOED NO WAY IN HELL MEAN ITS EURO SNOBBERY WHAT MLS FANS THAT LIKE TWO CONFERENCES HAVE IS AMERICAN SNOBERY WANTING TO DO EVERYTHIN THEIR OWN WAY, WELL GUESS WHAT THIS AIN NFL AND MLB THAT WE INVENTED THIS IS SOCCER THE WORLD SPORT, SO TAKE IT THAT WAY...

MANY LEAGUES IN SOUTH AMERICA AS WELL HAVE SINGLE TABLE AND THEY ARE NOT EURO-POSERS!!

SINGLE TABLE DOES NOT MEAN NO PLAY-OFFS!! CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU GARBER AND ALL THE MLS TWP TABLE SETUP LOVERS!!!

2. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    but it means balanced schedule, right? can realistically only work up to 18 teams = 34 games season. Montreal will soon be #19, and #20 will follow to make it even.
    Even if stop at #20, 38 games + Playoffs? I don't freaking think so.

Besides, playoffs after balanced schedule? I think it's really akward set up.

3. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The A-League in Australia has single table + playoffs. I think Garber knows full well that its possible, but he league has no plans for it so he easily dismisses it by acting like single-table means no playoffs.

4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure you cannot haev a balanced schedule, but you can have an unbalanced schedule with a single table..

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never a fire around for someone to die in when you need one...

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Then what are you complaining about? MLS is essentially already a single-table. The playoff teams are determined by overall ranking (not by divisional ranking). Divisions are just used for seeding the playoff teams, but other than that they have no purpose.

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the teams seeded 1-8 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5?!!?!?!? Are they!!? obviously not.. Have an unbalanced schedule but put everybody in a single table!! This years standing would have been different if they were in single table, Seattle should have been seeded higher than what they were seeded and Colombus should have played Real Salt Lake in the first round!!

Like I said before crew vs bulls last year final should have been a first round match, Crew being (1) and Bulls being seeded (8)... And every year it would be different teams playing each other, you would never know how th eplay-offs would end up in a sense taht all east teams play east teams and west teams play west teams in the play-offs...

8. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dude, calm the ******** down.

9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol I am calm just getting my point across

10. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A single table without a round robin schedule is as stupid as this thread...

and MLS isn't going to play a schedule of 38 games (once MLS is at 20 teams) or 46 games (24 teams) etc...

11. MuD life

MuD life New Member

Nov 24, 2003
    West Haven, CT
    when it was only top 4 in a con get in didnt the LAg when the cup when they were 9th in the league

12. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A 38-game schedule, with USOC, CCL, Superliga, and playoffs, fits into a very slightly extended American soccer calendar. Anyone who says it doesn't simply hasn't looked at it closely enough.

13. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Please step back and think about it little bit.

I would rather have well established two tables rather than fcked up random single table.

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What on earth would be the point of that?

Have one table comparing all the teams against each other but have them all play different schedules with inherently different degrees of difficulty but then measure them all against each other equally?

Am I the only one who thinks that is about the dumbest thing they've ever heard ?

15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but LA came in 4th in their conference against all those teams who played the same exact schedule they did. It's irrelevant that a team in another conference that played a completely different schedule then LA finished with more points. (Edit - same # of points, fewer wins, better GD)

You can't really compare the two in that situation.

Single table without balanced schedule = stupid.

16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What I don't understand is why you want to get rid of the playoffs. I love the playoffs.

17. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He doesn't want to get rid of playoffs.

He wants some weird stupid set up.

He just need to think about it little bit more.

I can understand he's relatively a newbie.

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Eurosnobs are so unbelievably shrill.

19. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's give him a break. He needs some time to think about it.
    Right now he doesn't know what he's talking about.

20. vyertago

vyertago Member

Jun 8, 2006
    I think there was some scarcasm going on.

21. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why not?

Brazil played with 26 teams (home and away).

The same teams also took part in:
    -State tournaments
    -Copa do Brasil (FA cup)
    -Libertadores
    -Sudamericana

I say this in the past tense because they reduced the first division from 26 to 20 teams due to demands from Fifa, probably as a condition to get the world cup.

22. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Before you get destroyed by someone, it's because we don't have Brazilian weather, and can't play (essentially) year-round, and expect people to show up. 38 games is fine (though no one here seems to think so), but advocating 46 or 50 is a bit much.

23. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because it's not Brazil. It's for US+Canada.

24. equus

equus Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Not dumb at all. MLS already does that now with teams #5 -#8 in a single table. And #1 overall is already first in their division, so we only need to do it for positions 2-4 and we're set.

25. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    MLS already does that which is undesireable thing. It needs a lot of improvements.
    It's still devolping and expanding. Why do you want to stay with undesirable stupid set up.