I still consider Germany to be among the world’s best

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Klingo3034, Mar 23, 2020.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #26 hotjam2, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    her name is Tabea Wassmuth(23 years old)

I wrote "reminds me of Alex Morgan"/got Alex statuesque looks & blazing speed , but she's a winger instead of an central striker. Her stats in 12 games are 9 goals, 5 assists & a ton of tackles(but don't have Alex's header game, might be her only weakness). Can't find individual highlights but here's some game ones.
    HOF vs Essen(a squad with 4 current senior NT's/5 current or former youth's)
    Tabea(#28) scores the 1st goal, then nearly again at the 2.50 mark
    SGS Essen - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim | 15. Spieltag, 19/20 | MAGENTA SPORT - YouTube
    return HOF vs Essen; doesn't score, but gets an assist with her phenom speed around the 2.40 mark
    TSG Hoffenheim - SGS Essen | 4. Spieltag, 19/20 | MAGENTA SPORT - YouTube
    vs Freiburg, here's she shines late with an goal & assist in the last two plays
    Highlights: TSG Hoffenheim vs. SC Freiburg
    the only info I know about her, she's playing full time, while studying for a masters in psychology at the local university(could be she's too busy for any NT invites)

Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #27 hotjam2, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    posted below are highlights from last October; Euro qualifers between the frauleins & 2nd group ranked Ukraine, perhaps a perfect example of the 'new' Germany. Keep an eye on, then 18 year old Klara Buhl(#19) she scores the 1st goal, then gets a hat trick with two more. 20 year old,Giulia Gwinn. gets the 2nd goal, 25 year old, Lina Magull gets as well an hat trick & another 25 year old, Melanie Leupolz, heads the ball in for the final 8-0 tally,

One of the main keys for Germany will be if they can turn the now 19 year old Klara into one of the world's premier goal scorers. Due to their almost obsessive 'team passing' style, it's been harder then it seems for the Germans, especially last decade when they couldn't produce one top quality striker, and even now, MVT seems to be bent on using Alexandria Popp as the central striker(even though she's an mid on her club).

Overall, a stong victory for the Germans in beating Ukraies by the same score in both of their encounters against an opponent that had an upset win over Sweden in an previous WC qualifer

another example of Klara Buhl; scoring the game winner in the 90th minute vs England at Wembley from last Nov. Her speed isn't just in her legs, but how she dribbles from one to to another as ENG's team captain, Stephanie Houghton was marking her, yet the quick foot ball switch, give her a clear open shot anyways