I really hate the way this forum looks these days

Discussion in 'Italy' started by SueB, Aug 5, 2002.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I know, with the team forums gone - at least temporarily - that having team threads seemed like a viable option. But, how do I put this ... I hate it!

I can't get a flavor of the latest news without going into every freaking thread. And unlike some people - who shall remain unnamed but apparently have limitless time to spend posting news items - I don't have the time to go into every single thread every day. I, for one, would like to be able to get a flavor of the latest news from the thread TITLES.

Or another option, done in some other forums, is to create a daily newslink thread. I used to do this, but I no longer have time. At least that allows you, on one click, to see ALL the news headlines for the day and click for more details.

Any thoughts?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I agree 100% and have even brought it up to Huss. He wanted to see more discussion, well he's got it. I will be asking him to bring back the teams forum in the next couple of weeks.

3. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    I like the idea of the daily newslink thread. We just need someone whose willing to start it each day and let people post to it, rather then the team threads.

Or, have you seen the Portugal forum lately? They have stickied the threads for the big clubs and then let other general interest threads flow down the page.

Another idea is to create a forum called Serie A: News and Analysis working similar to the US Men N&A. That would be more strictly moderated and only contain N&A, not general discussion.

Just ideas.

p.s. speaking of stickies, its a shame we lost the Italian Links one. That was useful. Could we pool our resources and rebuild it?

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I agree

SUX

5. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well what do you want?

No team area?
    Indiv team areas like before?
    If so, will traffic support it?

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I'd be happy to start a Daily News thing, if needed.

Sean

7. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    please do

8. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm a little confused however, do I just start the thread? Or do I need to contribute news as well?

Sean

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Well, typically, if you start a news thread, there should be at least a few links to news articles. Then others can feel free to add to the list as they find stuff. Be my guest!

10. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Up and running.

Sean