I know i'm pathetic - but, you're not really in front of us!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by gunnerdude11, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Correct!! You are catching on to the whole message board system!!

He - Moderator
    You - Troll

Pretty soon you'll be writing complete sentences!

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He's not calling you names. You're a troll - that's an objective statement.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Hey, holmes, I didn't call you a name. I stated some facts which you have and seem to be willing to back up all on your own. The cool thing about idiots is that you don't have to work hard to recognize one because they will always jump out and announce that they are idiots. And we thank you for that.

As for being a moderator, why do you think that should matter at all? I don't moderate this board. I'm just a regular poster guy just like you. Oh. Wait a second, I have a brain so I'm not exactly just like you but maybe if you read it a few times you will get the point.

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I saw one of those stupid "Im not gay, but my boyfriend is" t-shirts the other day.

Clearly these are NOT funny...

... so I asked my girlfriend to take it off!

5. RobH

RobH New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    I find it quite sweet, and yet a little scary, that someone can assume that Chelsea are the only team to have spent significant money in their search for a trophy. It's not quite as scary as George Bush being unable to say "nuclear", but what the hey.

Without wasting my time rebutting all over "goonerdude"'s (says it all, really, doesn't it?) arguments, I'll just quietly draw your attention to the fact that no kind of Championship trophy has been won in Europe for the best part of a decade without significant financial investment. The only possible exception is Porto in last year's CL. Arsenal's success, like everyone else's, is based on large envelopes stuffed with money. Sol Campbell's £110,000 a week? Viera's? I know you don't want to hear it, but the only reason your number 4 is still at Highbury is because Real wouldn't pay him what he wanted. And the only reason you haven't bought like fury this year is because you can't afford it, my boy. Despite selling your souls down the road for the next 20 years by calling your ground the "Emirates stadium" (even my Gooner mates have the good grace to hand their heads in shame over that one) you still can't afford the players you want. If you had money to spend, don't you think you might have found someone to cover for Campbell? Then you might not have let Tottenham spank 4 past you on Saturday. As Jose said, that's not football, that's hockey.

If you're still playing like that when we visit N5, you'd better pray Drogba and Robben are injured. Otherwise (and you know it) we will stuff you.

Enjoy the season ;-)

6. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    .......write a lengthy paragraph rebutting goonerdudes "arguments".

Wooops :)

7. RobH

RobH New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah... lengthy paragraph, guilty... but I chose not to rebut the specific arguments, simply mouth off (with a fair degree of eloquence, I thought) about the hypocrisy of the original thread.

Phew, rant over.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for the laugh

9. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I use the x-port to download pre-fixed option files and upload them to my memory card. Works like a charm. I have the entire PL plus Championship and some other English sides set up right now. Chelsea is near roster perfect. Well except Mutu is still there and he's good ;)

10. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Yeah I saw something like that in the shops here but it was like £10...sod that I thought, thats 50% of the game price!

I managed to copy some names over from PES2 to PES3, and a lot of the names are accurate anyway. Got all the team names sorted. Cant be arsed changing the badges though. Did it for PES2 and it took an AGE. No option to export them across wish really peed me off.

Cant edit the Satium names in PES3 either, so its always amusing when "London" play "Chelsea" at Blue Bridge, or Manchester at "Trad Brick".

WTF lol

11. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    AS you might have noticed - the money at least stayed in the country, not stolen and laundered abroad, though no one would argue with the fact that Franco is a murderer or that the Agnelli family walked on one or two corpses under Mussollini. But that does make Abramovich's criminal activity and very recent criminal activity at that any more correct.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You have proof of his criminal activity, of course. Right?
    As for money staying in the country - its his money. He can do with it what he wants.

13. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    You aren't one of his lot, are you?

Well, when the guys who run the country are living above laws in a lawless society, does that make them any less criminal.

1. First business transaction - a train of diesel fuel ends up in Latvia, instead of its destination in Russia. It is actually only found a month after it goes missing. Abramovich is in charge of the shipment. The original geezers who paid for the fuel never see what they paid for. Abramovich goes on trial in Siberia, the case is quietly hushed up.

2. Sibneft - Berezovsky's clique get involved in the so-called debt auctions in the mid-nineties, when the oil sector is carved up. The catalogue of malpractice basically boil down to this: Berezovsky the arbitrator, two of his mates the bidders. Sibneft goes on for 100 million, gets sold for... 100.3 million. Multitude of other bidders get excluded on made-up technicalities, Berezovsky using his position close to the president to make sure his mates get the loot. Incidentally, Sibneft goes public under a year later for around 3 billion USD.

Then one might care to have a look at the company accounts (done by Arthur Andersen but the proper auditing process was not required for Russian firms until... 2001) - we see cash drained away via 2nd-party qequity interests (i.e. channelled ********** knows where), depreciations easily increasing by a billion (yes, 1 billion dollars) in the account from year to year without any explanation, we seen 500 million written off in negative goodwill against purchse of a firm worth 100 million. As for running the business in Siberia, with virtually f8ck all reinvestment for the first 5 years - just milking the natural resources for ********** all.

We also see Sibneft paying ********** all taxes. As a similar example shows - YUKOS - YUKOS was actually being run at a loss and owes 25 billion in taxes, which almost outstrips it operating Profits. Sibneft officially only owes 1 billlion. Whilst Putin is a scumbag, it does not detract from the fact that vast quantities of tax money have not been paid.

That is just the most basic information. Let us not even start on the Aluminium.

PS Putin, being a wonderful man :) did a wonderful thing - he said to oligrachs when they installed him into power - keep your loot but do not mess in politics. What a wonderful trade off, is it not?

PPS All the information is pretty basic and Sibneft's account were available online last time I looked.

14. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Erm.... :rolleyes:

15. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Oh, yes, and ill-gotten cash is very easy to spend. Did your father make much ill-gotten cash? :)

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No conviction. OK.

Geez, loans for shares? You mean the one orchestrated by the government? Not illegal or criminal. Sorry.

So in other words, you have no actual proof of illegal activity. OK, thanks. Just thought I'd check. Do carry on.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Hey, pimping ain't easy. And pimping your mother was especially difficult, given her rare combination of a harelip, baldness, obesity and body odor.

18. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Oh, yeah, so when criminals are in charge, there are actually no criminals. Such is life but it doesn't mean what they are doing is totally **********ing ridiculous by any civilised economy's standards. The reason the country's economy is a state and there is a ridiculous war going on is because totally unqualified and often crooked guys were in charge. The way the "reforms" have been handled is nothing short of daylight robbery. Yes, officially they are "reforms" but to any sane individual they are a sham. The unfortunate thing is Britain cares more about cash and lets people like Berezovsky become "dissidents".
    Clifford Chance did try to create a legal framework but had to give up after two years. :)
    PS Any auction run by Berezovsky is going to truly well ran, given his record of turning everything he touched to s*** and cash in his own pocket. :)
    PPS Again, say Enron was "legal" for quite a while. The holes in Sibneft accounts are massive.
    PPPS Yes, and Sibneft and, say, swap transactions are a veeeeery long story... :)

19. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Given that she's been dead for 17 years now, you probably had quite a job on your hands - I like the bit about obesity... :) You lie way too much. :) So, you said, your daddy shot how many people? :)

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Clifford Chance still does a considerable amount of work in Russia. To the tune of a 50 person office. So clearly, some sort of framework's around.
    But again, you've no proof of "criminal activity", you're just spouting off. Good for you. Take a valium.

Except it wasn't. What Enron did was actively illegal.

Great. Perhaps one day you can tell them to someone who cares.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Poor girl gave it her all. But really, after the donkey show, it was a bit much.

22. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are technically correct, sir. However, the situation in Russia reminds me a lot of that in Bulgaria. I think there is a little bit of "criminals writing the law" over there. But I suspect you not only know that, but know a lot more about it than I do.

23. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    And siphoning off cash via second-party interests off something that was bought in a rigged "auction" is not actively illegal in a sane world. :) Unfortunately, scumbags usually do succeed in times of changed but that does not make them wonderful. :)
    Oh, I know Clifford Chance have an office there. After all, several of my mates work there (not in Moscow). But even any transactions that my bank has carried out with Russian counterparties have usually an investigation or two en route. :)
    Oh, can't tell about the last bit. :)

24. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Your intellect amazes me... :) Is that what you define as sarcasm. Very poor - a foreign language can still betray the mentality of an oaf. :) Your demeanor bears passing resemblance to nouveau Russian kids - (shudders) not the finest of classes known to the world...

25. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    By the way, is Donkey abuse in the rules of the forum? :)