I know i'm pathetic - but, you're not really in front of us!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by gunnerdude11, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    On another unrelated topic - especially as the thread topic is bullsh1t...has anyone ever played Winning eleven 7 for playstation?

I promised the boy's i'd get them something for raking all the leaves in the yard over the weekend and i think i'll get that today.

It's for them...honestly ;)

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's hella good.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    OK. We'll take the trophy, you can have your righteous indignation. Fine by me. In fact, if you promise not to respect us, we'll promise to win for the next ten years.
    I mean, really, if I cared whether or not Arsenal fans respected my squad, I'd be an Arsenal fan. But then I'd also have to be a thieving twat, and I'd rather not have that.

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Re: I Speak For All Non-Chelsea Fans!

A fair point. I would be supprised if it comes to that...generally the Arsenal v Chelsea derbies would cause one team or the other to break clear...

Absoloutly not.

Touche :)

5. Philip in London

Philip in London New Member

Dec 25, 2003
    London
    The only clubs on that list that have earned their status by their own efforts are Utd and Arsenal.

AC Milan: belongs to the richest man in Italy
    Juventus: used to be the smaller club in Turin, but then became the plaything of Italy's grandest business dynasty (but that was in the 1950s so no-one holds it against them now)
    Inter: chronically loss-making billionaire's plaything
    Barcelona: £150 million in debt (and unlike Chelsea's old debt that money wasn't invested in fixed assets to improve future income)

Something similar applies to Real Madrid, which was rescued from the financial consequences of buying trophies by spending money it didn't have by selling its training ground for £200million.

6. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield

Can't really disagree with that. Though it was Man U, and they have a way of getting to us....or rather the match officials do...

I can imagine. Less of an issue in the UK though...

So did I :)

7. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Thats the one that known as Pro Evoloution Soccer outside of Japan yes?

Its the business. Once you spend 2 days renaming everything. I mean "West London Blue". Who are they kidding :)

If it had the full liscence like EA's FIFA games it would be so perfect...

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, is that what you think of us Arsenal fans?

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No, no, no...we think much lower than that of you!! :D

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Umm, Vieira wasn't on the pitch for the penalty kick. He had been ejected about 10 minutes earlier. Are you talking about his reaction to RvN stepping on him? If so...yeah, I wish he had kept his cool better but when someone stomps on your leg it tends to elicit a rash reaction.

As for the reaction after RvN's miss....yes, it was regrettable and I have no problem with the players involved receiving the suspensions handed out. It was poor sportsmanship displayed by those involved but it wasn't the whole team.

Also...I don't claim that Arsenal players are always the best behaved. However, you'd be wise to not throw around "lack of class" accusations so easily as no team is free from "classless" moments. After all, I wouldn't call Makelele's dive that got Zikos ejected in last year's CL match against Monaco a sterling example of sportsmanship.

11. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Aren't you a lawyer?

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    On the good days. :p

That makes me bottom feeding pond scum, not a thieving twat. There's a big difference, as the famous 1903 decision in Barrister vs. 1-0 proves.

13. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

This is absolutely ridiculous. Just because Chelsea bought all their players in one season doesn't mean anything. Most of the teams listed above have all bought their players at one point or another, so this thread is BS. Besides, some of those teams look better than Chelsea on paper (AC, Inter, Juve). Do you think someone like Gudjohnsenn (who I think is great) would be in the starting XI for any of those teams?

Also, under Mourinho, Chelsea are not exactly buying established international superstars. It was a risk bringing in players like Ferreira, Carvalho, and Tiago. Not that they aren't class players, but they haven't been around very long and they all needed to adapt to the EPL.

Finally, some of the best players on Chelsea like Lampard and Terry were pre-RA and are still the core of the team, while other pre-RA players like J. Cole, Babayaro, Bridge, Gudjohnsenn are still chipping in and getting some solid playing time.

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

More likely a future Chelsea fan after we win the league, the FA cup and the Champions league. Next year he will be posting under the name coolblueshomey16.

15. gunnerdude11

gunnerdude11 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    den haag-for now

Yep, you got me guys. Point on. I signed up with this name because Arsenal had won the league and were unbeaten last year - us real Arsenal fans don't count the Champions league, FA Cup and League cup games we lost - i really like latching onto the winner, i mean, you can't talk bollox if you don't right? Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Thank you so much.

Oh - can somebody tell me what part of England Arsenal is in.I did a search of English cities and can't find one called Arsenal anywhere.
    Thanks in advance.

You guys are so cool.

16. gunnerdude11

gunnerdude11 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    den haag-for now
    Come on guys, lets be serious, help me out here.
    I can't find this darn city anywhere, no matter what search engine i use.
    I fear i'm begining to look like an idiot on here.

Who's winning in Spain?
    Perhaps i can find that one eh?

17. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    No. I'd much rather be known as a complete clueless idiot, troll. In short, I'd like to be you. Do you think shock treatment will do the trick or should I stick a small spoon up my nose and start carving out pieces of my brain?

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I thought we covered this already. I'll be happy to get no respect from you and win titles.
    Your respect of Chelsea's achievements mean less to me than your boyfriend's respect.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Creative editing - such a joy.

Have fun lads.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Makes me think I should become a moderator. :D :D :p

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, I expect more from you than gaysmack..... :p

22. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

I never said you claimed Arsenal was the best behaved. Someone else said they were a classy team and I disagree and that's excluding this year's spaghetti/pizza/soup incident.

I never claimed Chelsea was classy (unfortunately, diving has become thought of as acceptable and part of the game)...but an Arsenal fan shouldn't talk about Chelsea players diving either. :D

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I know, I was a bit disappointed myself. I just finished reading a whole issue of the Economist, and that wasn't really fertile ground for insult material or even imagination. "Your economic modalities vis a vis the problems India is experiencing on the Bangladesh borders is a joke" isn't exactly painful.

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But isn't gaysmack always the funniest for some reason??

25. gunnerdude11

gunnerdude11 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    den haag-for now
    Kinda funny coming from a Moderator. I would think a mod would have a little more class and not resort to name calling. If you're gonna call me a name, at least think of something better than "troll." Your assumptions are not getting you anywhere, but what do i know--you're the moderator.