I just noticed something about Lee Dong Gook...

Discussion in 'Korea' started by K_19, Nov 18, 2004.

1. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Right... we'll get Seol Ki-hyun, force him to bang-bang with that crazy U19 chick that scored that blistering free kick strike and we'll have our RVN.... in about 18 years.

2. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    If you are looking for a good pedigree, look to Cha Du Ri instead of Seol. ;)

3. David Leench

David Leench New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    san francisco
    LOL!

4. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    It would have to be artificial insemination. Who can get it up for that girl? She looks like a dude!

5. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

My faith in Ahn is still hanging in there by that single thread.

True, Ahn's been out of sorts for quite a long time, but he's still our best forward. At his peak he can create his own goals, create chances for others(just that he doesn't do it often out of selfishness), have wide vision, can play in the midfield(Costa Rica friendly in 2002 showed this), and has a natural instinct in outside shots before defenders could react and get to him.

I can definitely see Park Joo Young as his successor.

6. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    If Seol's willy skills are as bad as his shooting then my concern will not be whether he'd hit the bed with her, but if he can actually get his willie in the right spot! From football it's likely he'll end up going for the belly button.

7. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    ]

Seriously, when he was with Anderlecht and scored many goals, I thought he was that man Korea needed...even when he scored against Brazil in 2003...
    Wonder WTF happened to him...

8. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Anderlecht is a Belgium league team, not exactly a top Euro league. In several years Seol was in Belgium, he struggled at times only to come to his own in his last year. In Korean NT, I think the most significant achievement he had was the tying goal against Italy in WC02. So, unlike you, I never thought he was good. I was hoping that he will progress quickly in Europe but his recent Korean NT form proved he hasn't. He can still do certain things well - good enough to play in Korean NT. I have my hopes on Choi Sung Guk & Park Chu young.

9. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Seol Ki-hyun dropped man.
    Mostly because of his attitude.
    Remember the season 2002/2003? Well he started off with a bang and was having a great season until he made a "I'm too good for Belgium" comment. It was all downhill from there. The fans he won over started to dislike him and the management put him down on the lineup pecking order.

10. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Agents must coach their young players to control what they say. Seol is not the only one who publically announced their love for moving on to major European leagues while they are playing with lesser teams. Park JS, Lee EY, and others did a similar thing. By doing so, they pissed of their teams management and teammates.

11. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Maybe their agents are telling them to do it to attract offers. It's utterly stupid. And for Park JS it's quite inappropriate considering how much he owes Hiddink and PSV.

12. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    What?!

Did PJS say that he's too good for PSV? :(

He should play a few more years there and become "the man" before he moves elsewhere .. right now he's a medium-good player for them, not a star.

13. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    No no. But he's claimed that he wants to use PSV as a jump start point to get to a big league.
    Even when it's obvious, it's not what people want to hear. To say it was unneccessary because for PSV, selling their talent is a means of life for them.
    Seol Ki-hyun was the one who said he was too good for Belgium.

14. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Kezman & Van Bommel probably didn't want to hear that as soon as Hiddink's "pets" came to play for PSV. It's no wonder why Van Bommel and other PSV teammates did not warm up to Lee & Park.