I hate you and love you Rochester

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by Rochester, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take a look a these videos, Rochester haters. Look at what we use to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxH9egGDvq0&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Ti7gQYKKE&mode=related&search=

I wish it was 1999 forever. We deserved MLS then we deserve MLS now. Rochester has always been taken for granted and unless somone steps up we will always be taken for granted. Real soccer fans live in Rochester and thousands are no longer USL fans. I love the past and god I hate you future Rhinos.

FDR and SD, you are liars and I wish you get the hell out of my city.:mad:

2. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    it seems to me that Rochester is like a large 1st division club that just cant make it to the big time... shame really

3. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    The MLS will NEVER Happen in Rochester as long as FAT Steve is involved. He doesn't pay his bills.

4. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
    It's a shame because Rochester I thought would have been a great fit for the MLS. It's looking pretty bleak for Rochester now. Thanks in part to the SOB's, unless there's a major collapse in stadium talks for Chester, PA, Philly will likely have an MLS team. That just leaves one spot for St. Louis, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and your other usual suspects. If Saputo decides tomorrow that he wants to expand his new stadium by a couple of thousand seats and wants to join the MLS, Montreal will be in the MLS by 2010 (if not earlier). Unfortunately at this point Roc. is a long shot.

5. Olesh

Olesh Member

Jul 24, 1999
    South Bay
    I think your best hope is if somehow the USL folds. At the moment it seems the perception is that Rochester isn't strong enough for MLS, but probably too good a market not to have professional soccer.

That might A) drive current ownership out of business. B) Mobilize some rich(er) dudes (Golisano?) to buy the stadium rights on the cheap to prevent the city from having a complete white elephant sitting empty.