I hate Spurs...What team should i follow?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by halfnelson31, Nov 24, 2004.

1. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    i hate spurs. They did my boi Kasey Keller wrong not even giving him a chance to claim his spot rather going for that punk Robinson. I know Spurs would be doin so much better with Kasey in the nets. I follow EPL and watch the highlights each week but i was thinking since now i hate Spurs maybe i could translate that into following a team. one of the things i love the most about being a Metros fan is saying ******** DC United and actually meaning it. the obvious answer would prob be Arsenal but what bout Fulham, Crystal Palace, QPR, etc? Do these other clubs hate spurs as much as well?

2. Conagher

Conagher Member

Apr 17, 2003
    I followed Stephen Clemence from Tottenham to Birmingham a while back. Since then my life has been ... well, about the same. But it's an option.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, I think everyone hates Spurs actually...

Then again, Chelsea HATES Spurs and everyone hates Chelsea so I don't know what to tell you.

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on down to The Den. Millwall.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He sounds too civilized to be a Millwall fan! ;)

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Keller had a spot for two years, we bought a better keeper, get over it and stop whingeing.

If you like Keller so much then why not support Southampton? And then you can hate them when they recall Niemi on his return to fitness.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Don't bother with Arsenal or Chelsea.

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    go for MK Dons....somebody has to.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who should he go for Teso? Your secret love... ManU? ;)

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Any other London side. There are enough "glory hunters" without adding one more.

11. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    I'm trying to figure out what team to follow in the EPL.
    I don't want to cheer for Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU... simply because it would feel too easy. And I don't like teams that have so much wealth and don't make the most of it. (a la Real Madrid?)

I've been getting into Liverpool's games.

What type of budgets do clubs like Arsenal have in comparison to say... Middlesbrough?

I'm thinking between Liverpool, M'brough, Everton, Man City, and Portsmouth... mostly.

12. bardsoccer

bardsoccer Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Venice
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal for sure. No one hates Spurs like the Gunners and with everyone jumping ship because of our lack of form we could use you. If you hate Spurs you'll make friends quick.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea would have been perfect about 5 years ago for you. Top 10 team, occassionally wins something but more often domestic tournaments and usually the FA Cup if anything. Decent squad with a class player like Zola.

Then along came Roman and everything changed.

And I hate to tell you this but Liverpool is in the Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal mold. They have as much glory and history as anyone in the EPL. Before there recent slide (the trebele season aside, they were always in the running for everything.)

I went to Anfield 3 weeks ago for the Birmingham game and I have to say it was the finest stadium I'd ever been to. The people are great, the city is great and Anfield is incredible. "You'll Never Walk Alone" is unbelievable.

14. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    True. I guess I don't mind the history... actually slightly prefer it... since they aren't winning everything these days.

I thought so too... part of the reason why I love watching their games so far!

15. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

A Sunday League team. Thats your best bet sonna.

16. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    charlton are a nice friendly club..

spurs are the most hated... dont ever mention them again...

good luck.

17. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    "I went to Anfield 3 weeks ago for the Birmingham game and I have to say it was the finest stadium I'd ever been to. The people are great, the city is great and Anfield is incredible. "You'll Never Walk Alone" is unbelievable."

you will be walking home alone if they nick the tyres off you car..

18. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    there's a punchline in there somewhere....

19. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    :rolleyes:

Ooooh...good one. You think that up all by yourself?

20. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Don't choose a team, just follow english or other football games and you'll automatically grow feelings for a club - it will be more real that way.

If you're set on supporting one of Tottenham's local rivals then go ahead and support Arsenal. Their history is based upon cheating, bribes, corruption, foulplay both on & off the field, landoccupation and boring destructive play -- be my guest!! In my book, 5 years of attractive football doesn't make up for 100 years of the exact opposite.

Fulham and Crystal Palace are IMO soul-less clubs. If you want me to recommend a London based club besides Tottenham, I would suggest West Ham. Not in the Premiership at the moment, but they'll return. Visit www.kumb.com

No need to hate Spurs because Keller lost his place in the team though. It was nothing personal, he just lost his place to a better goalkeeper. Paul Robinson has perhaps been the best keeper in the Premiership so far this season, and is now England's first choice at the back. Keller is ageing, albeit still an excellent shotstopper - prone to mistakes and doesn't command the defence. He also made it clear that he was going back to the US soon. What do you expect Spurs to do? Especially when young Robinson became available on the cheap.

21. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you have this opinion of Fulham? I have only been a supporter of theirs since Boca & McBride made their moves, so I am not yet familiar with how the English football fan views them in general.

Lee

22. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Maybe it was a bit harsh and arrogant to use those words - but it is down to their lack of identity, history and fanbase.

23. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its all gonna change baby!!

Oh and about Keller... I don't beleive that there would be any talk of his about coming back stateside if he was still seeing first team action.
    He relaizes he is nearing the end of being a top flight keeper, and wants to be able to start as long as possible. I think he loves England (the country & the football league) and would stay as long as he could granted he was starting.

Lee

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i was just sitting among 20,000 or so folks singing "come on down to the den" just a couple of weeks ago. trust me, it's not an indicator of civility.

just kidding. i actually had a great time at the den. the fans (and atmosphere) were great - though the esteemed manager at sunderland may not have agreed...

..."mick mccarthy - he's a wanker - he's a wanker!"

and speaking of millwall, i guess that's who halfnelson should support. at least them or leicester city. after all, if not starting keller in goal is such an affront, then those are the only clubs in england that haven't "done his boi casey keller wrong".

25. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    "They did my boi Kasey Keller wrong, yo!"