I hate Chivas USA

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by soccerfan, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ataraxia

ataraxia New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    NJ
    So how come Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham are allowed to play in the English leagues, when they are in Wales? Berwick, which is in England, plays in the Scottish league. England, Scotland and Wales are all allowed to compete in the WC.

2. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what I was thinking when I said what I did. Im sure everyone can understand. Im sure that many mexicans would be very up in arms if MLS moved into Mexico, and had a franchise there that was largely a feeder team or the USMNT.

Again, we pretty much agree. I think in the end this will be good for MLS, and the sport as a whole in the United States. If anything, perhaps it will garner more "nationalism" for U.S. Soccer and the USMNT amongst fans.

From my understanding, anyone who enters the United Stated "illegally", IE no work permit/visa, no gree card, or other status granted by INS and or United States government that would qualify said immigrant(s) to A. be in this country legally, and to B. Work in this country legally, would therefor have no right to work legally in this country. It is in my opinion, that if someone cannot enter the United States legally, then said person certainly should not be able to work here either. If they are not going to abide by the rules and file the proper legal documentation to obtain work permits, visas, green cards or otherwise, then I really cant see allowing them to "legally" work here. If the government "knows" they are here illegally, then why would they grant such a person the right to work here instead of deporting them?

That being said, Im all for improving the INS and immigration laws of this country. Quite frankly, this country is growing fast enough, and needs to finally begin to take care of its own and become even more strict about immigration. We do not want to end up like China or Korea, and that very well may eventually happen here. It has nothing to do with racisim of any kind, it has everything to do with protecting ourselves from within. Im not saying close off the borders either.

Perhaps, if the problem is so wide spread, the US could become more open in some respects and offer some kind of amnesty to those who are here illegally, allowing them to work in this country, and add a higher tax to thier wages for allowing them the "legal" right to work in the United States for a period of time, without having to force the acutal legal right to BE in the United States right away. That would give people not only the chance to get some sort of legal status here, at least to work, but would also make the government hopefully more money to make up for what it loses, while also giving the illegal immigrants a big inscentive to get on the ball and attain the legal right to live here by offerning them the lower, regular tax rate on thier wages such as what the rest of us pay.

I am also all for coming down HARD on those companies that undermine the laws of the land by not only hiring illegals to work, but as you point out, take advantage of them. It is not fair to the rest of us, and certainly is not fair to the people who are being exploited. Those companies who practice such things are as bad, or worse IMHO, and they are slapping us all, legal citizens, and illegal immigrants in the face. Shame on them.

The bottom line is there is no easy answer. I do agree with alot of your post, and I hope I may have clarified my postion for you. It really has nothing to do with likeing or disliking any one group of people, in as much as it does wanting all things to be as fair as possible for those United States citizens and those immigrants who are here legally, and are law abiding citizens and pay taxes. Also, protecting the United States and its citizens as a whole from situations that could become dramatically worse over time. etc etc.

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Illegal immigrants do have a big incentive to "get on the ball". And many do that by having children here, which are then given US citizen status. But what I think you don't understand is that many illegal immigrants DO pay taxes. The multinational corporations that run the fields that grow our strawberries, cotton, lettuce, tomatoes, EVERYTHING - don't all pay by cash, after all. They have a normal payroll system. That payroll system takes normal FICA, State, and Federal taxes out. They pay sales tax. Illegals don't get a refund, though.

What's more important is that they WORK. Why would the US government want to spend billions of dollars deporting the very labor that allows us to eat oranges at 89 cents a pound? How much do you want to pay? You're worred about "your taxes" being spent on health care and INS costs? How much do you feel like spending on a loaf of bread, or a gallon of orange juice.

I don't think you're racist. It's more of a class issue, anyway. It just so happens that our underclasses in the US are represented by a racial minority. The point is, is that it's WAY more complex than you are making it out to be. You think that you're pay check is burdened by the sweat of those peoples backs? It's the other way around.

4. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Could we stay on topic fellas.

I looked on the MLS website and it say they are going to hold a expansion draft. Does that not mean that ChivasUSA is going to be composed of players currently in the league?? What the beef if Chivasusa uses in forgein spots for some mexican players. Alot of you people are hating something that has not happen.

5. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, it is by far an oversimplification of an extremely complex issue. "Our" paychecks are burdened by alot more than just that. I was attemting to respond to a request to clairfy using the most simply terms possible. I dont have the time, nor energy to write a dissertation about this issue, and I am sure that people on this thread and message board dont want to hear it anyway.

Like I said, its a super complex issue, and in the simplest terms, there is just no easy answer unfortunately.

I agree with Bobber78, lets at least stry to stay on topic. I also agree , as you can tell from my prior posts about Chivas and how they will structure thier franchise, that MLS will take care of things exactly the way they should be, and there really wont be much of an issue about all of the "contraversial stuff".

6. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If you wanna talk politics head that particular forum!

7. YankeeWomble

YankeeWomble New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Columbus/OH/USA
    SLAUGHTER THE GOATS!...hehehehehe...:)

8. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a big difference between being a feeder league to a top European league and being a feeder league to the MFL.

I'd throw in Ajax as another team looking in on this situation, too. I've read before that Ajax (perhaps through it's newly established satellite Ajax Orlando) are perhaps looking at the possibility of establishing a "feeder" team in MLS. (sorry, I don't have any links at the moment to document where I've seen that) So I don't know about the validity of that report.

But I believe that MLS is not going about this with the idea that Chivas USA is there to be a feeder team to their MFL counterpart...I certainly hope not. Sure, MLS is open to outside investors who own other clubs around the world, but I certainly hope that it never gets to the point that MLS adds teams who essentially exist to be feeder clubs to foreign clubs.

9. Cowboymanufan

Cowboymanufan New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Old Trafford
    I think the MLS is just looking for publicity in the mexican/american community by allowing Chivas USA in "LA" :eek: but, the Ceo's or whoever runs this sinking ship don't know what their doing. This has sent a message to the world football community that, the US is a playground for the world football leagues, what's next "hopefully"--- MAN UTD USA ;) based out of (Manchester, Conn.) Then Malcom Glazer can own that.
    I would like it only to be white/anglo-saxon feeder team for the FA prem. (See how racial it can get, hispanics aren't the ones who made the game. "Hecho en Inglaterra!" LOL)

Bayern Munich USA??? based out of Millwaukee Wisconsin with only players of pure german descent? LOL Do you see what everyone is mad about mexicans?

Come on now they should do it just to piss of Chivas and then they'd get the snot beatin' out of them buy the world's best. The "Kids" who are know around the world for being a racial and bad club. I went to a CD Guadalajara VS. U.N.A.M Pumas game in the 90's and I got more looks then a Black man in the 1960's in Alabama. I knew what they where saying about me because I can speak spanish. They are a racist club and for that "I HATE CHIVAS USA!" that's why I always root for Pumas becasue those goat's get raped every year.

Bocas Juniors/River Plate and the Brazilians aren't that racist!

Don't worry USA u kick mexico's piehole in every year with the great players on the USMNT. LOL! last time I checked the US went farther than mexico in the world cup? am I wrong? lol

[​IMG]

10. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Your traumatic event that has hunted you to this day has nothing to do with Chivas USA. The supporters of Chivas in mexico could give a rats ass about the MLS or Chivas USA. What Chivas USA is doing is attracting the biggest minority group in the United States. What message do you think the MLS is sending to the world now? thats right, no message at all. People in this country dont even care about the league, why should it merit respect world-wide.

Seek counceling

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    this guy vergara will change the way business was done at MLs, he will change players/operators relations in a way that they will role a RED carpet for him in all venues.

My insider and former mutiny tells me about some concesions he got from garber to do business ala MLS, and that is so good news to futbol USA that it gave me bumps all over..... I miss the mutiny!

12. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please, share what you heard. i'm intrigued... :D

13. Cowboymanufan

Cowboymanufan New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Old Trafford
    Obviously, you do not know what your are talking about. Explain why at the unvailing only 300 people were allowed in when so many mexican chivas fans wanted to go in but, weren't allowed in. Have you been reading the forums? Almost every Chivas in mexico fan is overjoyed! Plus I allready stated that the mexican's are the largest un-touched market in MLS, incase you didn't read my full post note the quotes around "L.A." if you have never been there, there's lots of mexicans who watch the Liga de Mexicana. Infact my tramatic event as you said "has nothing to do." with this magically new team, with new ideals, and new everything! the event Infact it has alot to do with the [sarcasm] "new" :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]chivas, it's the same owner, fans and mental of the chivas of mexico. Spanish speakers only, hispanics only, same team new location.

He'd be breaking U.S. law and FiFA rules by segregating the league.
    Most Likely he'll have to have 3 foriegn players which is rumoured to be the case, but he'll acquire hispanics from other countries that's why so many are mad.

In case you didn't watch or read the press confrence, which I doubt you did... this is EXACTLY what Vergara said:

"Of course, we're going to be the best team in the United States,'' Vergara said. "I promise all of you that Chivas USA is going to be from the start just like Chivas in Mexico: a team of excellence and an open door for Spanish speakers.''

Espn Soccernet
    article

Every year more people attend MLS games and want more, but you've never noticed the mainstream networks ignore MLS. You have to watch Fox Sports World to see MLS matches! (SAT) There's like a game evry 2 weeks on abc or espn. It used to be hockey, not anymore...

"There is a new league outthere slowly but surely grabbing america's attention." Sir Alex

Humm what league did tim howard play in? respect world-wide? World's most prestigeous club what???

I like to call MLS "A Work in Progress."

Here's a Peso get a clue. :D

14. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Tim Howard was transferred to Madrid?

15. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Thank god, this league has become a little stale. The spice will be nice.

16. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

Try this: http://www.abc-read.com/

I NEVER said that mexicans in L.A. are not interested in the club, and yes i know that there are a lot of mexicans in L.A. It also has nothing to do with the millions or whatever number of people that couldnt get in, in L.A. What i said is that Chivas fans IN mexico dont care about the MLS and dont care about Chivas USA. Most Chivas fans in Mexico dont care about the MLS and dont care about Chivas USA, its that simple.

I dont see whats wrong with having only Spanish speakers on the team. Its logical that a spanish staff will want spanish players. Hell, Donovan could play on Chivas USA without a problem. Give it a try, its a beatiful language

I have no idea what you are getting at with you Tim Howard thing.

17. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas USA could have like 11 mexican players, keep in mind MLS allows 3 foreigners + up to 20 payers under the age of 24 ? league wide (chivas could have 8 ? ) , all in all if they work the MLS system and turn some screws they might easily get what they want

18. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no one in mexico gives a sh't about chivas usa.

any proof? i have proof that your statement is incorrect.

english premiere league

like someone else stated, tim howard doesnt play for real madrid.

sure... right after you, son.

19. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Thank you, that is all.

20. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is awesome, are you selling these as bumper stickers, buttons, tshirts? I'd so buy!

21. BurnSC89

BurnSC89 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Cameron, TX
    You didn't read his post right. He said every Mexican-American fan of the original Chivas is glad that they're getting an MLS team so they can see what amounts to a watered down version of the Mexican Chivas. I, personally, have no problem with Chivas USA as long as MLS is developing. However, if and when MLS does become a world class league, I would like to see them relegated or rebranded. I don't think it looks great having a foreign team's expansion in a nations first division.

22. paddyhokie

paddyhokie New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Isn't it Natty Boh?

23. BurnSC89

BurnSC89 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Cameron, TX
    Who, me? If thats what you think, I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

24. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what the hells wrong with immigrants coming in illegaly? what the hell does that have to do with soccer in the MLS and Chivas USA?. Y r u guys making a big deal out of this? U guys can try and put a team in the Mexican league and us the Mexicans wont really care. Surely people would treat u with disrespect but who gets totally respected? Chivas USA isnt even playing yet and u guys have broken all the bad stuff about them joining the league and u guys havent looked on the bright side. This without a doubt is exposing the MLS to people who usually dont pay attention to it. Something that would actually be cool is having the MLS and the MFL join together to form one league and try it out for some time to see if the results were positive or not. And to the guy saying that hes mad cause illegal immigrants dont pay taxes and stuff its not their fault, its the governments fault for not fixing that. Well thats all i gotta say for now.

25. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said that Mexicans would not care if an MLS team were to start up a new team in Mexico? I disagree. Mexicans soccer fan are up in arms because the Mexican federation has increased the foreign player allowance from four to five ! The players union and the fans are upset ! Heck the Olympic team has a Mexican CITIZEN that was born in Brazil and the Mexican soccer fans want to lynch the federation. You may want to reconsider your thoughts about an MLS team coming to Mexico and claiming "we would like to have an English Speaking team filled w/ players of American descent". I do think that the Mexicans would care.