I can't wait to play NE next year

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by BBBulldog, Dec 15, 2005.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  2. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    are you match fit? if dema leaves we could use you out on the wing

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    What a stupid idea. Just pathetic really.

(Making everyone through college where helmets, that is)

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Like I said on the Dear Santa thread, the only one who really needs a helmet is worm. :D

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

is it not just the Massachussetts legislators pushing for this? if Massachussetts passes this, will visiting teams have to follow suit?
    I would think the college sports thingy is a national all in or all out sorta thing.

6. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    goes with the beer goggles.

7. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Will Boswell get to air brush his Bozilla helmet? Kinka like an NHL goalie? :p

8. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    you need to re-read the bill of rights

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I can't wait to see Boston College trying to recruit players to their newly deemed ACC soccer program.

Coach: "Well, that's about it. You've seen the campus, you've met the team, and we'd really like to offer you a full scholarship to come play soccer here."

Standout player: "Thank you coach, I'm so flattered. I would love to come play ACC soccer at BC."

Coach: "Oh yeah, there's just one more thing. [Pulls out red and gold Full 90 helmet thing, complete with BC logo] You'll have to wear this for all our home games."

Standout player: "What the ******** is that? This is a joke, right?"

Coach: "I wish it was. You might have to wear it at practice too, depends on who's watching."

Standout player: "Uhh you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and leave now."

Will visiting teams have to wear this too if it passes? Can't wait to see the 2005 National Champion Terps head up the road to Boston and donning the equipment.

Again, I can't say how stupid an idea like this is. And why are governments getting so involved in every aspect of every sport at seemingly every level lately. I'm ********ing tired of that. [/rant]

10. tileman

tileman New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Dumfries, Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go figure. well it just goes to show, You can't spell Massachussetts without an ASS in there. If you can spell the damn state anyway. A helmet in soccer,what an oxy-MORONS.

11. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I skimmed the legislation. It seems it JUSTS prevents leagues from prohibiting headgear. Now, if anyone really believes that this is the end game for this - PUH-LEASE. Compulsary wearing - just like shin guards (which used to be optional in the 80's) - of headgear is the ultimate goal.

It seems that the equipment manufacturer is trying to legislate an increase in business.

Head to head contact can be very dangerous - however, I question the effectiveness of these products. Additionally, I wouldn't question a player for optioning to wear the headgear to protect against concussions (such as Esky). I will continue to belittle Suarez not because he wears the head gear but because he's a idiotic thug.

Again - skimmed.

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I can't wait to see a header with a helmet :D

13. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe some extra oomph can be added to the padding -- you know, kinda like reactive armor! :D Better make sure to put the damn thing on right side up, though.

GM

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it's all part of evil plan, maybe in 5 years they can add shoulder, hip and thigh pads... and in 10 years they can pick up ball with hands... :D

15. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, you may be onto something, maybe even increase the points for a goal, and give half the amount of points if you get close enough to score, but aren't good enough to put it in the net, maybe if you kick it over or something. You'll have to come up with a name for this sport though, Srdan........

16. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002

why even change it?

17. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, who in their right mind would accept the name football for a sport played with your hands? I mean, really ;)

18. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    are you gonna question "world series" in baseball next?

19. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell no, that would be Un-American!