I Bet Nobody Remembers me, but......

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Barca_Bulldog, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Barca_Bulldog

Barca_Bulldog New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi guys,

I posted here occasionally in the past but over the last 12 months my lifes been crazy, and this is the first chance I've had to make a real effort to log on regularly.

I am undecided about whether Van Gaal's return is a good or bad thing. I worry that the team may be filled with second-rate dutchmen like he did before, leaving Barca with a lot of 'deadwood' players who played even worse after he had left.

Of course its a massive shame to see Rivo leave after those years of tremendous service. However over the last 2 years, under Ferrer and Rexach I feel the team became too dependant on Rivaldo and everything was based around him.

If the team were losing 1-0, everyone pinned their hopes on Rivo to save the day, rather than expecting/hoping the team create goals collectively- so when Rivo WASN'T playing, the team was completely lost.

Providing we bring in a few more players this summer, I think we wont miss him. But we cant expect Riquelme to fill his boots straightaway- that much pressure will wreck him.

Hope everyone is ok!

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Hi Phil! welcome back! I do remember you, actually I was wondering what happened to you, nice to see you again!

I'm anxious for JRR (Romy for short and his nick in Argentina) I know he will have to adapt quickly and the pressure will be enormous but I have a BLIND FAITH in his abilities, I have been a Romy fan since '98 and he's amazing actually I claim to be Riquelme's attorney in this board ;) I have tapes with his incredible skills and I'm willing to share any info yuo request! :)

later

3. Barca_Bulldog

Barca_Bulldog New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    OK Mr Attorney-

How come we were being quoted transfer fee's of up to £20m last summer yet this summer we have bought him for around £7m???? Why the sudden drop in price?

And last year Juventus and other clubs wanted him. What happened to them?

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    c'mon bro! it's not a secret that Argentina is facing a huge financial crisis and it affect everyone even the football teams!

5. Barca_Bulldog

Barca_Bulldog New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    I know that mate, but what perplexed me is the 'sudden' drop in interest in the player.

By the way, my reply sounded quite argumentative when I read it back- it wasn't meant to be, sorry.

Anyway, get your fat arse onto msn one of these days!!!

patriot_bcfc@hotmail.com

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  7. Barca_Bulldog

Barca_Bulldog New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    I've got my tickets mate, next Wednesday!!!

Of course, i can't wait!!!