I beg of you!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by johan neeskens, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Thanks! I really wasn't trying to be patronising, btw. I just really want the US to do well in every way because we're all better off when they do, and I have more confidence in Kery.

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The farce in Iraq is partially to blame for the debt being high. Overexhuberant tax cuts are part of it also. The war spending only amounted to half the debt last I looked.

This is a message board and people should state their mind. You have no idea how many lurkers are out there.

One of my major reasons for not voting Bush is the way he has destroyed our foreign relations. It is about 10% influence on how I judge him. That is significant. I would imagine that the average American soccer fan has international roots and that how America projects itself to the world is important to them, it is to me. I have family in Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Spain and England, and thats just my side.

3. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right. You never mean to be patronizing but somehow you always are.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's how people perceive me, you're right. Not my problem though.

5. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Sounds familiar. ;)

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You can't win em all can you.

7. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

What a bunch of BS.

8. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Simmer down. You want to implore people to vote for Kerry, go ahead. As you may have noticed - if I feel like telling you it's a daft thing to do, I will go ahead. I'm sure we're all touched by your desperate longing for a Kerry victory. Personally, I'm hoping for another messy draw. Much better television.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't mind you telling me off, I just wanted to know why you felt the need to. Your scouse bullying won't frighten me off - I'm marrying one of your ilk next June.

10. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: I beg of you! Vote For George Bush!

OK... I'll put my blinders on and vote for Kerry, just for you!!!!!!!

johan neeskens: I AM VOTING FOR BUSH BECAUSE:

If Kerry gets elected, we will all likely die from terrorism since he will give away America's soveignty and submit to a "Global Test" through teh United Nations in order to act!

If Kerry gets elected, he will promote more general abortions, kill more children through the promotion of more embryological stem cell testing, and promote more late-term abortions.

If Kerry gets elected, he will destroy the institution of traditional marriage by approving immoral homosexual unions.

If Kerry gets elected, he will abridge America's Second Amendment freedoms through tough gun control which he has previously approved.

If Kerry gets elected, he will roll back tax cuts and approve new taxes on every American, likely plunging the nation into Depression.

If Kerry gets elected, he will enact massive health care subsidies and socialized health care which are unaffordable to the nation.

If Kerry gets elected, he will cut key defense programs, defense pay, and other defense priorities, based specifically on his previous cuts of these defense programs in his Senate record.

But mostly, If Kerry gets elected, he will be a president with no conviction, as a Senator he had no conviction, and as a candidate he had no conviction.

Vote George Bush!

IntheNet
    Bush/Cheney in 2004

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well all of that is precisely why I'd vote for Kerry.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Ah it's charming Mike Segroves and his famed historical awareness again. BTW, I heard that in heaven the napalm-bombed children of Vietnam have joined up with the civil war victims of El Salvador and Colombia to form an anti-US coalition. They're led by one Salvador Allende, have you heard of him?

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Whatever Mike.

14. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's some revisionist history. Clinton's vacilliating on Bosnia had old Europe (England, France, Germany) in a fit. They had the loosing party, the Bosnian muslims, very near to signing a peace treaty/cease fire/settlement a number of times. Then Clinton would make a speech about human rights violations in the conflict, and the Bosnians would pull out, thinking a American intervention was immininet.

I'm voting for W tomorrow. (had a brief fling with voting Libertarian last week).

15. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Economically speaking that is probably an accurate description of the status quo, but let me tell you that the dependence is gradually (and by that I mean sooner than later) decreasing for Europe and other regions of the world. The EU has tremendous potential and combined with favorable political relations with emerging markets I see a bright future for Europe. Austria for example has made huge strides in ten years of EU membership.

One example of the world changing is right here in my new home, the beautiful city of Dubai. This place is booming unlike anything I've ever seen before. The projects they've got here make buildings like the Sears Tower look, well - Mickey Mouse.

The "American Dream" is right here, in the often demonized Middle East.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well if you insist, there is a 'slight' difference between Allende and Pinochet in that Allende was democratically elected and Pinochet achieved power by murderering his political opponents with the help of the CIA. Not that I assume you understand such nuances, mind.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm referring to the overall sentiments felt in Europe toward the US in Clinton's days. Overall they were positive, very contrary to today.

18. nowhere

nowhere New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    I will, as long as you vote for the frisian national party in the next Dutch election.

19. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read your posts. Are you trying to convince people or are you a secret Bush plant trying to drive people into the Bush camp? You attack all Americans in your posts, and yet you expect us to heed your advice?

20. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is true. State abandonment of an economy, whether by anarchists or capitalists, is also never freedom.

Totalitarian anything, IOW, sucks.

Free markets USED to promote the good reflective of the interdependent reality may be a way forward.

Never knew you hated Mia so much, btw; whassup with that?

21. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're also being very selective in your memory. There were many points in the Clinton presidency when he was not at all popular in Europe, as has been pointed out.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I didn't start attacking all Americans, first of all. I attacked some Americans after I was provoked by the idiot that is Mike Segroves. If he comes up with pointless and idiotic statements full of hate about the Dutch I have the right to defend myself. This isn't the first time he used that Anne Frank statement on me btw.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And again an ever so slight difference: Allende, unlike Hitler, didn't do any invading of other countries.

So Allende deserved to be murdered because he potentially was going to fúck things up. Dearie me, that's a lot of people that need murdering then.

24. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Has it occurred to you that he continues to do it because he knows it gets you riled up?

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The point is that anti-Americanism as it exists today did not exist in Clinton's days. That is a fact.