I am shocked, shocked I tell you! [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Ghost of BillR4, Jun 1, 2003.

1. I am shocked to come to these boards tonight and not see at least three threads roasting the reffing crew that did your team in today!

I am a Metro fan. I don't visit other boards as often as I used to -- even to piss on the opposition. Rarely visited this Forum because as Clubs go, I always thought that SJ was generally a classy operation.

You were hosed today big time. If the MLS does not sack the Assistant Referee that was sleeping on the third Chicago goal, there is no hope for MLS. A freaking parent linesman in a youth soccer game would not have missed that.

Can you believe Ty blaming that call on the way that the field is manicured? What an idiot!

If the linesman sets his position by the last defender, he cannot help but notice that the Chicago player is standing (not running) in an offside position for 5 full freaking seconds while waiting for the ball.

2. Yeah, me again. I find that if I wait to long to post, I timeout and the message can't be sent.

Anyhow, SJ was screwed by that call and by various other non-calls that were unjustifiably never made against the relentless thugs of Chicago.

But that non-call on the third goal was unforgiveable and it changed the entire complexion of the game. Salazar was sleepwalking through this one. The ESPN crew did not have the balls to announce the name of the Assistant Referee that missed it. That discredits the reporting integrity of ESPN. Those two suckups, Ty and Rob Stone were happy to ignore it. But for Wynalda being honest, not a word would have been said. Wynalda will not be long for this job sad to say.

************ MLS reffing. If the MLS does not publicly punish this mistake how can they expect to ever achieve respectability?

3. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    MLS punish anyone for anything?!!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like that will ever happen.

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    The Ghost of BillR4...dude...what is your major malfreakingfunction?? YOu have started SEVEN threads about this.

STFU!

We heard you the first time...and the second and the...

5. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the game had ended 2-1, then I could understand civil rioting in NoCal. Had it been 3-1, I could still understand that SJ was still hosed.

But 4-1...

C'mon. Chitown was better this day.

And both teams would have kicked the crap out of mine today, so relax.

tm

6. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the third goal changed the entire complexion of the game. You could see it absolutely deflated the Quakes. That's why I don't even count the 4th goal. That's a gimme. The noncall offsides totally gave the game to Chicago; until then it's anyones game.

7. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I disagree, the blown penalty call deflated the kids (who were awesome despite the injuries, lack of experience etc and we should all be proud of them and excited about the future ...)...if that was given it would (assuming the Penalty was scored) been 2-2... then I suspect the game would have ended a draw... so yup the ref did affect the result...Just my opinion...

-Richard

8. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Agreed. The missed call in the box, an obvious obstruction, changed the game for the worse. The offside non-call was pathetic icing on a putrid cake of officiating. MLS referees are by far the worst in the world IMHO and nothing they did on the pitch Saturday changes my mind. Their job is to control the match, not influence the outcome. We as Quakes fans are truly pissed off about what happened today but to complain about it makes us look rather small so we try to shrug it off.

9. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, neither you, me (as a G fan), or Chicago can comment in an unbiased way regarding the supposed noncall on the penalty. Let's hear a Dallas or New England fan. Personally, I think the Chicago guy stood his ground (he did stop runnign first) and your chap slapped him. However one wants it, if your team was "deflated" because of that, then they don't deserve to be in a major league. That happens to ALL teams.

Now the offsides issue... yeah, that bit the big one. You got royally screwed on that. And if you became frustrated, I'd understand. But professionals don't give up. Learn it and live it.

Besides, Chicago did score two other very amazing goals.

Now, go back and read my original post. Had it been anything less than 4-1, then I'd back you with full rage. But at this point, saying stupid things like "that fourth goal was a gimme"... geez. You played well with the guys you had (not your A squad) against a slightly superior Chicago team.

That said, my team sucked yesterday (and all season so far). So shut the hell up! ;-)

tm

10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    MLS referees are by far the worst in the world

Look at this disgrace:

[​IMG]