Hugo Era: Player and Coach Ratings (Feb 7 2007 vs. US)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by el mero mero, Feb 7, 2007.

1. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    I think this will be a good thread that will keep record among us who deserves to be on the team and who doesn't. 0-10 is the scale. (0-4.5) = shit. (5-6.5) average. (7-8.5) = good. (9-10 ) = Out of this world.

I'll average things out after people get in their view.

O. Sanchez (6.5)
    R. Ososio (5.5)
    R. Marquez (6.5)
    C. Salcido (6.5)
    H. Pineda (6.5)
    P. Pardo (6.5)
    G. Torrado (6.0)
    R. Morales (5.0)
    A. Medina (7.5)
    C. Blanco (7.0)
    J. Borgetti (5.5)
    J. Fonseca (5.0)
    O. Bravo (4.5)
    A. Guardado (8.0)
    A. Bautista (5.0)

D.T. H. Sanchez (5.5)

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    O. Sanchez (6.5)
    R. Ososio (5.0)
    R. Marquez (7.5)
    C. Salcido (6.5)
    H. Pineda (4.5)
    P. Pardo (5.5)
    G. Torrado (6.0)
    R. Morales (7.0)
    A. Medina (6.5)
    C. Blanco (7.0)
    J. Borgetti (5.5)
    J. Fonseca (5.0)
    O. Bravo (5.5)
    A. Guardado (8.0)
    A. Bautista (5.0)

D.T. H. Sanchez (6.5)

-------------------------------

I think the lines were functioning well, despite the loss.

I really like the 4-4-2. We were rarely caught off guard on counterattacks. Previously, Aguirre and Lavolpe used 3 in the back and many times were caught off guard.

just a tough game....It is a crap feeling... i felt like that against Germany in 98 and Argentina in 06.... dominating and having the upper hand... and lose on bullshit plays

3. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    O. Sanchez (6.5)
    R. Ososio (6.0)
    R. Marquez (6.5)
    C. Salcido (5.5)
    H. Pineda (4.0)
    P. Pardo (5.5)
    G. Torrado (4.0)
    R. Morales (6.5)
    A. Medina (7.5)
    C. Blanco (7.5)
    J. Borgetti (3.5)
    J. Fonseca (3.0)
    O. Bravo (6.0)
    A. Guardado (8.0)
    A. Bautista (6.0)

D.T. H. Sanchez (1)

4. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    Sanchez-2.0-The last play shame, just makes it easier for Memo to be #1
    Salcido-4.0 -Not much of him during the 1st half, I was really expecting much more from him.
    Marquez-5.0-This guy a good defender,But he has never stepped up when Mexico has needed a guy like him.
    Osorio-5.5-Could of done better.
    Pineda-3.0-I really don't see why he is a starter.
    Torrado-2.5 Not much from him either,not much was expected either.
    Pardo.4.0-he needs Da Silva as Marquez needs Roniie
    Medina-6.5-very good first half. again those crosses. ekk!
    Morales-3.0-his days are over, not but bad but its time to let go.
    Guardado-8.5-Player of the game in my op.
    Blanco-6.0-did good for the time he was on the pitch, probably understandable sub by sanchez for the amount of games he is carrying for a guy in his age.
    Borgetti-2.0-worst player for Mexico
    Fonseca-2.0-too slow for a player his age.
    Baustita-4.0-Too much hype for this guy.he did all he could do.
    Bravo-3.5 chances he missed, typical of him.

Sanchez-1ST game with el TRI, He didn't look like his oldself.

Overall is it was a good game for Mexico dispite the loss to wrong team.
    We know what Mexico Lacks, Just hope that #9 in Salamanca is the real deal.

5. Trebol6

Trebol6 New Member

Jun 21, 2006

Thank you im tired of everybody over reacting about the game we controled the whole good they had two drives both scored good for them but we had the game

Im not hateing on their win they converted on our stupid mistakes we didnt

6. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oswaldo Sanchez 5- Came up big on the Convey save, but did not have anyone on the goalpost on the corner kick. Y que pare con las mamades de andar pateando despues del gol, ya se que tenia rabia, pero se ve muy mal.

Rafa Marquez 5- The captain played alright, but his long passes were off tonight. Can't really blame him on the second goal, when you have a guy coming at you fool speed and your flat footed it is a difficult thing to stop him.

Carlos Salcido 5- Did what he was supposed to do, really not his fault that he was left out to dry in the back with Rafa. Nice chilena.

Ricardo Osorio 4.5- Got burned a couple times in the second half. Didn't really push up as much as I had expected and when he did, he had no real impact. I expected more from him.

Gonzalo Pineda 4- Gave up easy passes during the first half. Almost cost us the second goal with his horrid trapping, was saved by Oswaldo. When he moved up front he made bad decisions. Took shots when he needed to pass and passed when he needed to shoot. Only bright spot is that he worked well with Guardado.

Gerardo Torrado 3- Not very fast, and wasn't particularly effective going up. His passes were off. I have been disappointed with his play for a while now, time to try out some other people in this position.

Pavel Pardo 5.5- Did what he always does. Repartio el juego. You know that you are not going to get much more than that. But what he does he does it well.

Ramon Morales 3- It looks like his time has passed with El Tri. Now this isn't just because of this game, but over the past year or two he has looked slow with El Tri. Couldn't give a cross off and couldn't beat Albright.

Alberto Medina 4.5- I give him this score because he was barely heard. When he had the ball he did some stuff, but the final play is lacking. On the break away he passed too soon. He could have been a lot better; still needs some more work, but I got faith in him.

Cuauhtemoc Blanco 6- The only one in the first half with any creativity what so ever. If the ball didn't pass through him, there was no play. However, age has taken a toll on him and his speed. Everyone knows that, unfortunately it doesn't seem like we have someone waiting to step up.

Jared Borgetti 2- He has scored some of the most memorable goals for El Tri. But his time has passed. Seeing him run is excruciating, how slow can a human being run? The only thing he does good is head the ball; and the one chance he had, he hit it wide. thank you for the memories Jared.

Andres Guardado 9- He is legit and we all knew it. What more can you ask for. He gave crosses galore and beat his men regularly. At the end they were double teaming him. He has got that spot on lock down for the forseeable future. The only bright spot of the game.

Bofo Bautista 5- He played alright but he still does not create the type of plays he does with Chivas. I don't know if he is the classic case of club player who can't handle international games or if he has never had a constant and true opportunity. He has to be better, but this is only the first game.

Omar Bravo 2- What can you say? He had the clearest opportunities all game long and he missed. Edit, no he wiffed. He alongside Lozano are classic examples of players who can score against mediocore opposition but when needed to come up big in an important game he disappears.

Kikin Fonseca 3- Couldn't beat his man, was responsible I think for covering Conrad on the goal. Hasn't been playing good the past six months. In fairness though he was playing out of position. Or should I say, its been a while since he played that position.

7. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Remember the ratings:

(0-4.5) = shit.
    (5-6.5) average.
    (7-8.5) = good.
    (9-10) = Out of this world

There are too many shit ratings. Not everyone played that bad.

...except for bravo, kikin, morales and possibly Borgetti (too some)

8. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca
    O. Sanchez (5.5)
    R. Ososio (5.0)
    R. Marquez (6.5)
    C. Salcido (6.5)
    G. Pineda (3.5)
    P. Pardo (5.5)
    G. Torrado (6.0)
    R. Morales (4.0)
    A. Medina (7.5)
    C. Blanco (6.5)
    J. Borgetti (3.0)
    J. Fonseca (5.0)
    O. Bravo (5.5)
    A. Guardado (8.0)
    A. Bautista (5.0)

D.T. H. Sanchez (2.5)

9. *BIG SMOKE*

*BIG SMOKE* Member

Jan 18, 2007
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    O. Sanchez (5.5)
    R. Ososio (5.5)
    R. Marquez (6.5)
    C. Salcido (4.5)
    G. Pineda (2)
    P. Pardo (5.5)
    G. Torrado (2)
    R. Morales (5)
    A. Medina (7)
    C. Blanco (7)
    J. Borgetti (1)
    J. Fonseca (2.5)
    O. Bravo (3.5)
    A. Guardado (8.0)
    A. Bautista (5.5)

10. *BIG SMOKE*

*BIG SMOKE* Member

Jan 18, 2007
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh yeah HUGO SANCHEZ (4.5)

11. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    O. Sanchez (5.0)--did not like his attitude
    R. Ososio (5.0)----too slow on the right side
    R. Marquez (6.5)--needs to take more leadership of the team like in the WC
    C. Salcido (8.0)---did all he could do and did it well
    G. Pineda (3.5)----the main reason the 1st half was so bad
    P. Pardo (4.5)-----nowhere to be seen; probably neede Zinha in front
    G. Torrado (5.5)---has been regular for the NT ever since WC 02
    R. Morales (4.0)---too slow and did not take the ball deep enough
    A. Medina (6.5)----he could have had a good 2nd half if he stayed in
    C. Blanco (7.5)----same thing as Medina
    J. Borgetti (4.5)---made a couple of nice passes but that's about it
    J. Fonseca (3.0)---crap, absolutely crap
    O. Bravo (4.5)-----needs to learn how to score in "important" matches
    A. Guardado (8.5)--Man of the Match
    A. Bautista (4.0)---should not be called up ever again

D.T. H. Sanchez (6.5)--had very little time w/ the players, it's not his fault the ball didn't end up in the back of the net.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    With a clear head and a good night's sleep....

here is what I have to say about the loss...

1. it hurts, like any other loss
    2. the engine is working fine

---------------------------------------

I felt this was a strong Mexican side.

1) I really liked how Mexico was set up tactically. Aside from the referee's assist, Mexico was never caught off guard on counter attacks. I think having a backline of 4 is the reason why.

2) One thing that should be applauded is that this Mexican squad was able to do something that others were not in previous years----generate attack with teams bunkering. Mexico was able to create spaces against a highly defensive US squad. It is not like before where desperation sets in and sending venomousless crosses to Borgetti or some other player becomes the last resort.

-----------------------------

I still wouldnt want to be in the US shoes despite the loss. They have been training together for quite some time now and they looked lost. They couldnt generate an attack. That doesnt say much (atleast to me). To put it in baseball terms, I would rather go 0 for 10 hitting solid line drives right to a defender, than go 10 for 10 hitting texas leagers, pop ups, and seeing eye singles--and why? because the laws of probability and avergaes are greater for the batter that is hitting the ball fundamentally sound with proper mechanics.

-----------------------------

We need to work on sinking the ball in back of the net... :(

13. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
  14. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    (0-4.5) = shit.
    (5-6.5) average.
    (7-8.5) = good.
    (9-10) = Out of this world

O. Sanchez (4.0)- He played ok but that shit he pulled was BS, he should've slid and taken out Bravo...if there's one player to blame.
    R. Osorio (5.5)- Just ok, but even his play with Stuttgart hasn't been what I thought it would be.
    R. Marquez (6.5)- I would've given him a better mark but his passes sucked.
    C. Salcido (7.0)- He played well, but nothing special
    H. Pineda (5.5)- ehh
    P. Pardo (6.0)- did ok
    G. Torrado (5.5)- Haven't liked him for a while yet our coaches insist on playing him...I guess they see something I don't. I don't see why we need him and Pardo playing together.
    R. Morales (5.0)- no business starting.
    A. Medina (7.0)- I think he could've done more if he and Guardado were playing at the same time.
    C. Blanco (6.5)- OK, but after these two next tourneys, I hope I don't see him wearing the green
    J. Borgetti (4.0)- He couldn't catch up to a ball if his life depended on it.
    J. Fonseca (4.0)- Probably coul've performed had he been subbed in for Borgetti. He was a huge downgrade from what Medina offers.
    O. Bravo (3.5)- Le pesa la playera... A player is referred to having ice-water in his veins when he keeps his composure and performs well under stressful circumstances...Bravo is the complete opposite of that.
    A. Guardado (9.0) ********ing stud! Consistently beat his guy, served great passes only to have our worthless strikers ******** it up time and time again.
    A. Bautista (5.0)- he did ok, but his stike on goal was selfish and desperate.

Hugo (6.0)- Can't blame him for the loss, but his starting 11 could've/shoul've been better. It's too bad we don't have a striker half as good as he was. As bad as Bravo played I think he could've reached some of the balls that Borgetti couldn't.

15. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    From Cancha (Reforma):

8 - Andrés Guardado - En 45 minutos fue más atrevido y ofensivo que Medina y Morales durante la primera mitad.
    7 - Cuauhtémoc Blanco - Fue el único hombre de talento de los mexicanos; se notó que aún no se coordina con Borgetti.
    6 - Ricardo Osorio - Careció de entendimiento con Medina, por lo que debió duplicarse por la banda, pero fue inoperante.
    6 - Gonzalo Pineda - El único de los defensas conocedor de la línea de cuatro; jugó más a la defensa que a dar salida.
    6 - Gerrardo Torrado - Su aporte al ataque fueron dos balones en profundidad y defensivamente no estuvo bien..
    6 - Pável Pardo - Se prodigó físicamente en el campo, pero sin efectividad en la construcción de las jugadas.
    5 - Oswaldo Sánchez - Fue presa de la frustración por la derrota y protagonizó un par de conatos de bronca.
    5 - Rafael Márquez - Tuvo problemas para abarcar la parte derecha de la defensa cuando Osorio se fue al ataque..
    5 - Adolfo Bautista - Jugó más adelante que en la zona de creación y siempre estuvo marcado por un adversario.
    4 - Carlos Sálcido - En el primer gol de EU falló en la marca; por la línea de cuatro zagueros no pudo sumarse al ataque.
    4 - Alberto Medina - Perdió verticalidad y no encaró a los zagueros enemigos, quienes le superaron mientras jugó.
    4 - Ramon Morales - Deambuló por la izquierda y jamás se atevió a desboradar como para abrir a la zaga contraria.
    4 - Francisco Fonseca - Jugó por la derecha y su propuesta fue nula. Tuvo una opción que echó por encima del arco.
    4 - Omar Bravo - Estuvo alejado de la portería rival y por la derecha no se acomodó en el campo de juego.
    2 - Hugo Sanchez - Sin la preparación adecuada; su estilo no ofrece muchas variantes y como en Pumas, parece que dependerá de las individualidades.

16. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    LMFBLAO!!!
    HAH HAH HAH HAH... gimme 1 tactic other than Craptemoc's back kick... And to prove it, Where was Kikin Fonseca all night? Where was Bofo? Why did Bofo and other guy hit each other in the box?
    Sir, the team was caught off-guard on counter attacks once and it was the 2-0. It's like saying "other than the goals against, we did not lose":rolleyes:
    And no, the reason why you have a backline of 5 is so you can have a... LIBERO!!! to prevent being caught off-guard.

Sir, Honduras, Costa Rica, USA, Guatemala, Trinidad, St. Vincent, Jamaica, El Salvador, Canada, Dominica, and just about every single conceivable regional rival in past, present and future are well known for... um... BuNkErInG vs. Mexico.
    We've seen this 2-0 game over and over again. We still lost despite your "spaces created". Mexico keeps attacking; US scores; Mexico panics; US scores again. Same old script.
    Saw the desperation last night?

Sir, um... you STATED they were... uh... BuNkErInG! just 1 paragraph ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir, in baseball it is possible to score without batting.
    To put it in baseball terms, though, the Mexican team last night went about 0 for 15 in shots at goal and lost.
    The USMNT went 2 for 5 on a meager set play header and a silly counterattack. And won.
    The laws of PHYSICS are greater for those who hit the soccer ball fundamentally into the net with or without proper mechanics.

17. Viva RoCkism!

Viva RoCkism! Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mexico City
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    O. Sanchez (6) Ya no quiero ver a este guey, me dio pena ajena su mamada contra EJ, quiero ver a Memo
    R. Ososio (6) Esperaba mas hacia el frente de el. Creo que Landy lo tenia preocupado, de hecho se lo llevo en la jugada peligrosa ue tuvo en el primer tiempo.
    R. Marquez (7.5) Bien en general, como dicen, sus pases largos no andaban precisos.
    C. Salcido (7) Sin pena ni gloria, no salia jugando, por cierto esperaba eso de una linea defensiva talentosa y no sucedio
    H. Pineda (7)'''
    P. Pardo (7.5) reg.
    G. Torrado (7.5) Siempre he sido partidario de este guey, roba el balon y sale trompicado, pero cumple con lo que tiene que hacer: morder"
    R. Morales (6.5)Ya Ramoncito, ya..tuvo bueno momentos por ahi del 2002, pff hace 5 años!, muy ligero, fragil y ya no tiene la misma velocidad de antes
    A. Medina (8) Anduvo peligroso en el primer tiempo, le falta precision la encarar el area. Desperdicio unas buenas jugadas de Cuau que desesperaba el guey. Pero tiene huevos, encara, tipo Ribery
    C. Blanco (8.5) De lo mejor, este guey te da 45 minutos pero bien jugados!, ni un pase desperdiciado!, ni un balon flotado al area "a ver que sale", le pone la pelota a alguien que viene 20 metros atras llegando por la banda, de lo mejor
    J. Borgetti (6) Creo que su funcion era mas atraer marca, jugar sin balon. La neta no puse mucha atencion como para ver si algunas de las oportunidades, del Venado entrando al area por ejemplo, tuvo algo que ver con sus movimientos sin el balon. Sin embargo, un 9 esta para acosar el marco y este guey ya no lo hace
    J. Fonseca (5.5) No te resuelve nada
    O. Bravo (5) No te termina nada, ni la sopa
    A. Guardado (8.5) Ya se dijo lo bien que jugo
    A. Bautista (7) Igual y necesita mas oportunidades.

18. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    O. Sanchez (3)--His bush league bitchslap attempt was awful
    R. Ososio (4)----He did not recover from the long trip, and it showed
    R. Marquez (5.5)--Not up to his usual standard
    C. Salcido (6)---Playing as a central was a good idea, but he gave up the first goal
    G. Pineda (4)----Nothing special
    P. Pardo (4.5)-----I really didn't see him make a mark on the game
    G. Torrado (4)---His passes were more miss than hit
    R. Morales (4)---He does not do well vs. bigger, stronger opponents.
    A. Medina (7.5)----Completely underused. He had oceans of space
    C. Blanco (7)----He still has some fight, but I would rather see him off the bench
    J. Borgetti (7)---He's slow, tired, and old, but still was the best forward on the pitch
    J. Fonseca (4)---I like Kikin, but he was too slow and lacks technical skill to play MF
    O. Bravo (2)-----He is there to score, and he missed 2 sitters. Unacceptable
    A. Guardado (9)--It is obvious this guy is the tits.
    A. Bautista (5)---Bofo was nervous. Shake it off, big guy, and just play.

If I were to equate this game to other sports...

Football -- They dominated between the 20's, but bogged down in the red zone and came away empty. The other team scored on 2 big plays.

Baseball -- Loaded the bases regularly, but stranded too many men in scoring position with strike outs. The opponent got a few hits, but 2 were solo homeruns.

19. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    O. Sanchez (5)
    R. Ososio (5)
    R. Marquez (7.5)
    C. Salcido (5)
    H. Pineda (5.5)
    P. Pardo (5)
    G. Torrado (6)
    R. Morales (5)
    A. Medina (6)
    C. Blanco (7)
    J. Borgetti (4)
    J. Fonseca (4)
    O. Bravo (4)
    A. Guardado (8)
    A. Bautista (5.5)

D.T. H. Sanchez (6)

20. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm gonna rate the game the way I remember it live and with some alcohol in my belly.

"Some" being an understatement.

MEXICO:

Sanchez (7) I rate him higher than I like him, because the dude did enough to keep shit level when the counterattack ripped on through. That jersey looked dope from where I was sitting, but then catching some clips of it on Phoenix TV, those white lines on the upper chest looked wack. I think Oswaldo had a cheapshot on Johnson after the 2nd goal. Good stuff.

Osorio (5) I'm sorry but he looked like garbage out there when defending Donovan and the other idiot on the left flank. He was smoked in 2 of the 3 U.S. attacking plays. Way disappointing from a guy I am beginning to agree with some dude from BigSoccer on: He just might be overrated.

Marquez (8) Seriously, everyone was caught off guard on those two attacking plays. Especially the 2nd goal where the ref had the sick assist. But our captain looked fresh as hell out there. I mean, I remember 2 consecutive slide tackles. And nice passing for the most part. Tough like always. Should've knocked Johnson out for good measure.

Salcido (7) Salcido looked more precise than Osorio, and quicker on the ball. For that I give him a 7.

Pineda (4.5) Man, I don't know about you guys, but I thought he was horseshit. Just enough to be noticed. Not enough to make me hate the guy. Please no more DM/LBs who blow ass. Should not play with Torrado healthy. No Lozano on the flank either, please. We've got Guardado. And the aging midget Ramon. And The Nery.

Pardo (6.5) I don't know. I thought his passing was terrible, his speed way behind him and the Stuttgart monster a myth. Dude looked like his old self. Horrendous. But not worse than Gonzalo.

Torrado (7.7) Definitely dig the hard hits. We need this motherfucker laying down the law in midfield. Great pass to Medina. Needs more work with the rest of the attacking half.

Morales (5.0) This enano couldn't dribble past anyone. 2004 Ramon all over again.

Medina (8) Massive.

C U A U H T E M O C (9) Not excellent, lazy on one play where The Idiot from Arabia attempted a pared, but overall: MAJESTUOSO. The night made me sad knowing 2006 was lost because of some asshole whose death can't come soon enough didn't have the character to call up our one and only 10. El 10 de America. El 10 de Mexico. Cuauhtemoc Fucking Blanco.

Borgetti (1) I hope you die. Seriously.

Fonseca (5) FUE HORRIBLE! Oh my god. Talk about pathetic. Medina for this guy. Ugh.

Bravo (7) I'll tell you why. Dude was up for it. Dude was aggressive. Dude was fast. Dude was active. Dude was playing the wrong position. Thanks, Hugo. Next time take el 9 de Arabia out as soon as possible and put Ballsy in.

Guardado (8.7) I don't actually think he was that dope for 1.3 reasons. After the 15th amazing run and cross, he should've realized he was the only one out there and taken a goddamn shot. A beast. Truly.

Bautista (7) This is a throwaway rating, for the simple fact that he took over Blanco's position and did just enough to have us on our feet but enough to have us spilling our beer after 23 failed shots in Howard's face.

Hugo Sanchez (6) It's not his fault our guys can't finish. Two days preparation with some European-based players who disappointed wasn't enough to beat a well-balanced bunkerball side whose play was pathetic for the lack of balls. It is his fault for leaving Jared in there, and bringing Kikin in on the right for an effective Medina. It his fault for leaving Pardo and Osorio in there. It is his fault for allowing the Nery novela to continue. Next time put your uniform on and jump onto the field. These fucking guys can't put the game away. I've always been one of Kikin's biggest fans. But heart and charisma aren't going to win us shit. Don't call him up until he starts playing again. Leave el tronco de Jared at home. For good. Start Bravo. Start Cuauh and Bofo. Start Guardado and Medina. Adelanta las lineas. Mete a Memo. Acaba con este pinche sueño y preparanos para la realidad. No vamos a ganar ningun pinche mundial con estos delanteros vale verga. Trabaja con ellos. Demuestra. Enseña. Lo que dijiste me pego en el corazon. Triunfar? Ya triunfaste tu. Ahora haz que triunfen los muchachos.

Yo confio.

Pero con huevos y mentalidad no se gana nada.

Animo, cabrones.

Tenemos tiempo.

21. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito

Beautiful post. I think we all know you are the biggest Hugo fan, and it's refreshing to see you weren't being an apologist, like Lavolpe crangejos in the past processo. I think everything you said is true and I think Hugo will correct his errors and make us the great team we know we can be.

22. Viva RoCkism!

Viva RoCkism! Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Mexico City
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great post,,,built momentum, redeemed himself by scorning on his deity, but still believes in him and in all of us at the end. I give it a thumbs up

23. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had been waiting for your post for a few days now, great stuff.

24. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Before this becomes the accepted BS mexico epitaph for WC 2006, let's put aside Lavolpe and remember why Blanco didn't play in Apertura 2006 until he came on a sub in the second half against Veracruz in jornada 4.

He was recuperating from an operation, an operation he got after the WC but that he had needed since December 2005.

It could be argued that Lavolpe wouldn't have called him even if he were completely healthy, but that's just speculation. Arellano had publicly criticized Lavolpe and still ended up on the list, so I don't think it's as black and white as it might seem.

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The difference is that Arellano publicly chastised Hugo Sanchez.

Cuauhtemoc Blanco es el niño consentido.

Same with Bofo and Palencia.

No way in hell that Lavolpe was calling either of these guys up.

And that is my statement.

Cuauhtemoc showed that at 33-37 he is still performing at a higher level than the dope who wore #10 in June.

Enough with the fucking sympathy for that idiot from the past.