Huge MLS Cup Viewing Party

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by K, Nov 8, 2004.

1. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I'm still planning on going to Lucky Bar. I'll be joined by at least four others.

2. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    Ran into Paul the Welsh guy who runs Lucky Bar. He assured me all eyes will be on the match there. Not sure if I'll go to Lucky or Politiki but sorry I just don't like going to the burbs so it's one or the other, probably Politiki for me.

I too have never understood why it's so important for everyone to go to the same place. Bring it for United wherever you're watching.

3. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great to have DC United skirmishers in their favorite watering holes enjoying the experience as they would a weekly EPL or CL match. Bailey's is allocating us a large room for our massing/viewing pleasure on Sunday. Many of our regulars will be in California. This event has only happened five times in the last nine years (less than that if you are a fan of any other team in the league). Trust me, you are going to want to be celebrating with as large a group as possible when we win this thing.

To assist the understanding of the undecideds:

Big room + many members in California = potentially small crowd

Big room + concentration of stranded fans = Memorable experience

I know there will be a good crowd at Bailey's, but I'm hoping that we can do better than that. I urge all of you to mass at Bailey's and bring your friends.

As David says, "Bring it for United wherever you're watching." I just hope you'll be partying with us at Bailey's.

GM

4. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    More people to celebrate the huge win with....
    or
    More shoulders to cry on if they lose....

But they're not loosing.... so....

PAR-TAY!!!!!!!!

5. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Bailey's easy to find after exiting the Ballston Metro Station?

6. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My thoughts exactly! Were gonna ROCK DA HOUSE!!!!!!

8. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    And yet, you're the one who's always trying to dissuade people from going to one particular place.

9. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks K for organizing the gig at Bailey's. I will probably round up a few people and be there (since I gave up on going to LA.)

10. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump this thread! :D

11. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm sure it probably says somewhere in this thread, but I don't feel like reading it. So, my wife just found out she has to work tomorrow. Will I be able to bring a 5 year old to this event, or is it 21 and up?

12. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    never been at bailey's. However, it was mentioned earlier that they serve food here and that children were permitted (even nattybo).

Now, not sure if you really want to have a 5 yo at a crowded bar where the conversation may not be g-rated. However, you know best what's best for your child (or at least how much the 5 yo won't tell the wife!)

13. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Garth-man will be there, although at six or so Garth might be a little more mature than the rest of us!! :D S/He'll love it!

GM

14. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok..from the metro stop, how do we get there?

15. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon, Natty. Go to the fuggin' website and follow the directions. Cheese 'n crackers, man -- you high already? :D

GM

16. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

My has several "uncles" that are the Marines he has been around since the day he was born, there isn't much he hasn't heard! I'm just worried about a smoke filled room more than anything.

17. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

I'm sure they'll be some smoke there, but given the afternoon start, I don't think it'll be that bad.

18. Grasscutter

Grasscutter Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Atlantis
    Club:
    DC United
    Lucky Bar

Paul has actually made it out to quite a few United games the last two years (he sits in 233 or 234), even on Saturday nights when his bar is being threatened by college football fans. He's Man United and I'm Man City and I can still stand to talk MLS and EPL with him, which is saying a lot.

Lucky Bar will have tomorrow's game on the big screen, with sound, and it would be great to pull in the cityfolk who can't get out to Ballston. Tony-the-bartender confirms that there is no cover.

19. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    It's two blocks from the subway. Just ask the kiosk person on the way out. The big local maps posted at the exit will show you the way also.
    Be there or be square!!

20. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Much love to my man Paul, and those at the Gooner House of Pain (The Lucky) . Were it not for Kim setting things up for a large group at Baileys, I'd be there with ya.

Let's Bring Our Cup Home!!!!!

21. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there around 1:30 to make sure all is good, and yes its open to whoever wants to come. There are couches, tables, etc. and oh this just in... might be a surprise from Foggy Bottom! ;-)

And to all our brothers and sisters in LA! Bring some sunshine back with you. And I'm not talking the beach, bring back our CUP!

22. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Rob, you might take advantage of getting there then to make sure they know it's not going to be 5 people at a single table. I just have this picture in my head of them not really realizing just how many people are gonna show, and not being able to keep up with the beer orders (the really crucial thing) as a result!

23. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Don't forget to tape the game. If you TIVO don't forget that the game could go into OT and PK.

I'm on my way. Let's bring it!

24. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

What time are most of you showing up today?? I'm thinking about 1:30 no later than 2:00.

25. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ill probably show up around 2:30-3:00. anyone know what the parking situation is like? Im going to be driving today..