Hudson on tv tonight

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Dave Brother, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Ray will be interviewed on channel 4 news tonight in the 5 pm. edition.

2. imp65

imp65 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    sloburbia
    What, right in the middle of peak f****** family viewing time? I hope they've got a f****** bleep button at the ready.

3. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Last time he was on, he guaranteed the team would make the play-offs and it did. I look for a guarantee to win the Cup.

4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't much care for George (I never met a rodeo I didn't like, but who gives a *#*#*#*#*# about soccer?) Michael, but I saw his teaser last night about the Ray Hudson interview. It looks like it's going to be a howler. And yes, it was heavy on the bleep button.

5. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Anyone who bashes George Michael because he "hates" soccer knows nothing about him. Back when Paul Caligiuri sent us through to the '90 World Cup with his goal against Trinidad and Tobago, which of the local sports casters showed the highlight? Only one. George Michael.

You might also want to do a little research on his college days...

6. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    that was a good spot. very long. one of the news anchor ladies said she was bummed ray wasn't there. he talked a lot. micheals asked several questions. he was very pumped about the team.

micheals did drive me crazy by always saying "the united" but that's ok.

good piece.

7. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    CSN also did a quick piece on the party tonight. They're also interviewing Hudson either today or tomorrow nite.

8. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    I know that fat *#*#*#*# was dying to eat that hot dog

9. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Who, Clint? When you are gonna troll, at least do so in a way we can understand.

10. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

It was a good piece until he said "Ray, without you, I don't put soccer on."

Really, though, we're just lucky that he did have any Ric Flair/Hulk Hogan pro wrestling tapes handy.

11. StanfordSam

StanfordSam New Member

May 10, 2001
    I had 4 calls telling me about the piece....all very positive and sounded just like a lot of great give and take and positive energy....One buddy was going on about the segment on Quaranta and said it was absolutly brilliant and SO intense...another was on about George Micheals genuine connection with the coach ,like he was really loving the whole interview....Rock on DC Utd.

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was it Ray said? "we're gonna beat the stinking Fire" or something like that. He'd had a couple cups of wine. Damn, that BBQ should have been at my house :)
    I liked how fired up he was, but he still remembered to say "on Saturday, down at RFK stadium" quite a few times. I hope they replay a tiny piece at 11.
    I was jumping up and down singing in my driveway a little while ago, it must be playoff fever!

13. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Transcript or MPEG?

Does anyone have the transcript or an MPEG of the interview? - Had to go coach my own team at that time and I missed it entirely

14. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    WTOP also did a piece from the party.

Sachin

15. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    My girlfriend told me hat she saw Rene Knott do a piece on ABC with Ray as well, make the playoffs and we are all the sudden quite the little media darlings.

16. Archers

Archers New Member

Apr 29, 2003
    well, what else are they gonna cover? They great Redskins, Wizards and Capitals?

17. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, they are gonna cover the baseball team. OOPS, we don't have one of those to cover, do we!!! hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

18. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't give a *#*#*#*# what GM did once for soccer in 1990. Nor do I give a *#*#*#*# if he was college soccer's best player, back in the day. He does zilch for soccer (MLS, WUSA, or USMNT), now. You will see tons of "rasslin" & "rodeos" before you'll see any soccer coverage by GM.

19. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    NBC 4 is usually the worst about showing soccer highlights, you one example doesn't dissprove what many fans have noticed over the last decade.

Also, what was the story on his college days? I thought his resume used to say that he played keeper in college, but no longer does because some exposed his soccer career to be a lie. Is this an accurate account? I honestly can't remember the details.

20. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Good interview

Nice and long, and the bit where they showed Ray shoving Quaranta and explaining that he was trying to make Tino understand the gravitas of thsituation was good. Showed Ray was focussed and gave him a chance to praise Tino afterward for responding to it. Show all the non-soccer crazies out there that this game means something to people.

That stadium is gonna be packed. 20,000 last week, a playoff game and perfect indian summer weather. Even my friend in new york (Scum-hater for life) is coming down for this one.

21. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    If Tino had got half the punishment Ray gave that hotdog, he woulda been back on the walking wounded list. ;)

22. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Hey! Lay off the GrillMaster! :D

23. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Michael is not listed on the alumni for the St. Louis soccer team. it goes back to the 50s and i don't see him.
    http://slubillikens.ocsn.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/061400aaa.html

either he played before they kept track, he never "lettered" or, and most likely, he never played there at all and the whole story is a very, very minor urban legend.

24. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    I thought it was more than an urban legend. I thought it was part of his resume that was posted on the Channel 4 website, but dissapeared after someone called the station to report that he had never played there.

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe GM is his stage name, his real name is probably a girls name or something :)