Hudl downloads?

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by CornfieldSoccer, Apr 29, 2022.

1. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Anyone know a way to download clips from Hudl? My son's HS team uses it but the downloader I've used in the past doesn't appear to work now. His club, where most of his highlights come from, uses Trace, so we assemble his highlight reels for Youtube. But there are a few nice HS moments from last fall we'd like to have.

2. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    Sorry, just noticed you need to be a coach or a team admin. Maybe see if your coach/admin will either make you one (I was one because I did the video upload) or will create the download link and forward it to you?

CornfieldSoccer and bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    One of my big Hudl frustrations -- they don't want you to leave their platform, so they try to force you to do your highlight reels there. Asking to be an admin may be my best solution. Trying not to overwhelm the brand-new coach right now, though. Lots on his plate. ;)

My son's club uses Trace, which includes tracking during matches to automatically create highlights. It misses a lot, but they there's no problem downloading games and making your own clips.

Anyone have experience with Veo? Another club sent me a Veo link to one of my son's games that his club didn't record, but as far as I can tell there's no legitimate way to extract clips from it without paying for the service.

4. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    Offer to be the "video coordinator" for the team. You make sure the video gets done (to YOUR liking ;)) and will upload to Hudl. Of course, that means you need to be an admin.

CornfieldSoccer repped this.
  5. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Wish I could. I've already agreed to share booster club leadership duties, which means everything from emptying trash to concessions to ... At this point, I'm just hoping I get to watch a little of my son's games.

sam_gordon repped this.
  6. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    The way I approached it... since I was doing the video (and if I wasn't, I was taking still shots), I didn't have to work the concession stand or the gate. :D