Hucles for Norway?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Dandal, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Norwegian first tier side Klepp (with Dagny Mellgren on the squad) is in contract talks with former Boston Breakers player Angela Hucles. The club seem to have ambitions for the upcoming season, they've already signed one nigerian national team player, Maureen Mmadu, and are working on another. Add Hucles and possibly Poland's national team goalkeeper and it will at least be an interesting line-up.

2. woman_soccer

woman_soccer New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Can you write a surname of this polish goalkeeper? I think that goes about Joanna Klawińska from Atena Poznań. She's the first national team goalkeeper. I'm redactor of polish website about women's national team and club's friend of Klawińska :) So if You interested in some information about her I'll can befriend.

3. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    According to my source it is Marta Gawek that is the national team goalkeeper Klepp is talking to and who will visit the team next week (February 6-12). And I'm sorry, I should have mentioned which goalkeeper it was already in my first post.

4. woman_soccer

woman_soccer New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Thank you very much for this information. I'm surprised that is Marta Gaweł. I think that she isn't a good goalkeeper. But she was choose a best polish goalkeeper in 2004 . Any website of Klepp or tabel of norwegian league?
    Can you translate me what else is write about polish goalkeeper in this article?

5. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Klepp's website is at http://www.kleppil.no/. Klepp is btw from just outside Stavanger, on the norwegian south-west coast. Good starting point for all things norwegian is Norwegian Women's Football, maintained by SteinL who sometimes post here on BigSoccer.

The article doesn't really say much. Marta is 24 years old and one of the two goalkeepers Poland has used the last period. She will be in Norway for a training tournament in February. No mention of any actual deal yet, but Klepp has presently only one goalkeeper on the squad. They need at least another.

6. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    I really like Angela's playing. I hope that it works out for her.

7. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    i think this players transactions has been on the right track as the men in the earlier days, hopefully it will be at the same level as the men side in the future, a women player will probably be making millions of dollar from playing contract someday.

8. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    SV: Hucles for Norway?

This sounds like it could be a very good opportunity for Angela. I'm not sure how good her Norwegian is these days, but during the 2003 season I thought it was "veldig kult" :cool: that Angela was making the effort to learn some Norwegian from her Breakers teammates Dagny and Ragnhild. I even had the opportunity to "snakker litt norsk" with Angela when the Breakers were here in San Diego for their opening match of the 2003 WUSA season. :)

9. woman_soccer

woman_soccer New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    so what about polish goalkeeper?

I have a question, so anybody can tell me what about polish goalkeeper - Marta Gawek? She was on the tests in Klepp... she stayed in Norway?

10. SteinL

SteinL New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Norway
    Re: so what about polish goalkeeper?

Yes, she is staying in Norway - even if some journalists keep writing "Gawel" instead of "Gawek": Gawel klar for Klepp

11. woman_soccer

woman_soccer New Member

Aug 27, 2004

Thank you very much for this information. Can you translate me this article? And maybe you know for how long time she's want stay?

12. SteinL

SteinL New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Norway

Actually, I don't know for how long she is going to stay, the article does not say. It just says that the club has managed to get her a job at ISS, the main sponsor of Toppserien, so she is coming to the club. The international transfer has not been processed yet (as of March 8), they start working on that now. The club is happy to have two good goalkeepers in the squad, the other one being 35-year-old Ingeborg Hovland.

The transfer is, apparently, from ZNK Krka in Novo Mesto, Slovenia. She used to play for AZS Wroclaw in Poland, though, I seem to remember that she was expelled in the infamous 2-15 european cup game vs Kolbotn in 2003.

13. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Klepp Still Interested In Former WUSA Players

Three weeks ago prior to their match against Kolbotn, I had a chance to talk to the head coach of Klepp, Frode Olsen, and he told me that Klepp is still very interested in signing another former WUSA player. He specifically mentioned that he would be very interested in acquiring a left-footed midfielder and that he might be open to considering former college players without WUSA experience who are currently playing in either the WPSL or W-League.

Right now Klepp is in fifth place during the summer break and look like they could be serious medal contenders during the rest of the Toppserien season. Klepp was in third place going into last Saturday's match against bottom of the table Kattem and could have gone into the break in sole possession of second place if they had been able to hold onto a 3-0 first half lead. :eek:

This was a very disappointing result for Klepp considering that during the previous week they defeated Asker at home 4-0 and the week before that managed to escape Kolbotn's Sofiemyr Stadion with a 2-2 draw after Kolbotn had taken complete control of the match during most of the first half. It would have been interesting to have seen how much better Klepp could have actually been this season if Dagny Mellgren had been given the chance to play again with her former Boston Breakers teammate Hucles.