HT Manager License

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by GROVESHSCOACH, Nov 28, 2005.

1. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    What do you guys think. I think it may scare off more players in the short term. But in the long term, when the US has more divisions it will serve to sttract more.

2. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Well, the test is pretty easy. Only missed one questions (qualification income). And my team is pretty much mired in 5th and 6th for the foreseeable future, so I really should know it.

3. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I really like the idea that new managers take the test. It will help them to leran the in's and out's of the game. It will also serve to help them competet better and not abandon their teams. However, the fact that they are only given 50k to start and there are like 25 different quizzes they must take is a little bit of a "wall" to climb. I just don't want to see potential players scared off.

4. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Flew through it in about 2 minutes or so. Yay for a diploma! My players are so proud of me now.

5. CharlesS

CharlesS Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    I got a diploma!

Seriously, though, how was I supposed to know about the Cup rules? It's not like my team has ever qualified for the Cup...

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    got my diploma, at least I have something in my trophy case.

I think its a great idea for rookie managers, great way to force a little bit of knowledge on them.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've been diplomafied as well.

8. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    so your telling me that if there's a bidding war and my player sells for more than market value i'm supposed to report it to the gamemasters. wow, how inciteful, thank you hattrick quiz 20

9. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think it's stupid that it's displayed in the trophy case.

10. CharlesS

CharlesS Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Wait, I built a Trophy Case for *this*?

11. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i don't know about you but i only have 1 trophy so i'll take the damn diploma

12. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    i think the diploma will be very intimidating next to my two VI trophies when i go back down to a new series

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my diploma. I got my diploma.

I feel so special,I have so many people I have to thank I wanna thank my mom, my dad, whoever the hell it was that got me into hattrick, and... that's about it.

14. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Actually guys, you are missing the point. Yeah its a simple quiz for you veteran managers, but what you did was only the last stage of a longer process for new managers.

These tasks include promoting a YP, changing your arena name, check your players, etc. Its actually kinda neat as the GMs got to test the whole process for the last few weeks.

And you don't extra money, the total ends up being the same as it was when all of us started.

15. DrKotoh

DrKotoh Member

May 5, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I think it's a fantastic idea (not that I would have wanted completed it when I first started) but to me, it gives the cheaters another hurdle to getting another team. It probably also weeds out a lot of the non-serious players who are going to quit within their first month anyways. Another good idea from the HT staff in my opinion.

BTW, got my diploma. Looks awfully lonely sitting by itself but I'll add to it next season.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a good idea, Chris has been talking about it in bits and peices for the past few weeks at the KC area kickaround, sounded good and I think it's a great idea to keep newbies from asking the same stupid questions in the conference every single time. It does nothing but good from what I can see.

17. CharlesS

CharlesS Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    One thing that would really help, if that's the goal:

After you finish the quizzes, you should be able to see the answers instead of having them disappear.

18. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Mine is lonely too... despite the fact that I won VI.130 in Season 23. Someone stole my trophy though... :/

19. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    my license disappeared

20. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

So did Mine. :eek: There is a thief afoot!

21. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Nooooooooooo!

22. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    It's on the manager page now.

23. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They heard my complaint! And we think that important people don't read our posts on BS ;) :D

24. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon my ignorance...

The "Manager" page?

I still haven't found it. :(

25. MLS SupaStr3