How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What an elegant and diplomatic statement from Benzema.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/real-ma...icult-world-cup-exit-ahead-of-supercopa-final

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

PigBenis, saadomar, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    "My Real Madrid"

:inlove:

This guy was getting abused on here and mocked for what occurred with the France NT; something which wasn't his fault which he handled pretty well considering the situation. Some on here were legit defending La Graet; a known piece of shit that covered for pedophiles, sex assaults, etc... while condemning Benzema as being worse.

Legend.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol, good one

saadomar repped this.
  5. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's cool that he said he wasn't saving himself for the WC but that means he's might be crocked considering how he's looked the entire season.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

PigBenis, Glide84, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that's funny. :D

Digital, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not surprising at all. I have experienced heavy veteran cultured team where even something like a team meal has order.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just good manners to wait until everybody arrives to order and wait until everybody has their food to eat, unless you know for sure somebody's not coming or only having dessert (and France seemed to be missing the cherry on top in the final).

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Benzema signs on until 2024 it seems.

This should be the last renewal.

11. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Wait and see. The team is misfiring. He seemed fine vs. Barcelona. Not superhuman.

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Team is collectively playing like they have academic tenure right now.

Digital, Deep Pal and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13538 4x4s, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    I'd be more willing to give Evra more time if he wouldn't be the captain of the team that went on strike during a world cup and historically fell apart.

He was the captain of that ship and he sank it deeper than I've ever seen a ship sink at that level.

Not only hasn't he done better, he's done worse. Hazing, bullying, toxic attitude inside the team. Sorry, but wow. That's like Faubert criticizing Mendy.

France will most likely always be toxic and disfunctional for generations to come. It's wrong to make this a Deschamps/Benzema thing because the next coach, even if it's Zidane, will face controversy and scandals of his own. It's part of the job.

14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Now you’re gonna run a smear campaign on Evra since he took Benzema’s side and claimed France don’t value him enough.

Got it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He led a team towards abandoning a world cup campaign. I didn't smear anything, that's his legacy. One of the worst world cup campaigns in the history of the country.

If his intention is to help Benzema, he's not helping.

If there was one positive thing about Evra's time as a captain, it's that Benzema wasn't called up for that shit show of a world cup back then. Dodged a bullet.

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That tweet is definitely helping Benzema.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13542 4x4s, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    For those to young to have experienced Evra as a captain, sure.

That France team is the most toxic national team I've ever seen.

Benzema not getting the call was a blessing in disguise back then.

18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    So if someone screwed up at a certain point in time, that person can never do any good ...your logic is as flawed as it gets.

petros93 and Lyra repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13544 4x4s, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    If you're a historically bad captain, you've no right to tell other people how to be a good one, that's correct.

It's like players entertaining diet tips from Cassano.

If im honest I'd rather people stop bringing the national team up and allow Benzema to focus on our issues. I don't see this constant "what about the national team?" as productive for Real Madrid.

I said two weeks ago that we made an official statement about the French national team in the same week that our team could be out of two cup competitions. Focus on OUR issues. These distractions are bad for the team.

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Two things are different. Can’t dig up old cases to dismiss his stance in Benzema issue. You’re literally grasping at straws just to be a contrarian somehow.

21. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    So if Cassano changed his ways and became a fitness monster and knew everything about diet and exercise we shouldn't listen to him as at one point in his life he was the opposite. Yeah that logic doesn't make sense dude sorry.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13547 4x4s, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Evra didn't change, he finished his career karate kicking a man into the hospital and got banned for an etenity
    What the ******** are we doing here? Is he the right man to speak about etiquette? I consider Benzema twice the leader he was.

Keep this french nut house out of our team and our house. The Madrid culture is healthy, keep this shit out of our mind.

We're in the process of kicking two cup trophies down the toilet but I'm supposed to worry whether or not the french team should crack their baguettes before Benzema enters the room or not? What is this nonsense.

23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This isn’t nonsense. This is about our main striker, the reigning balon d’Or winner and his unjustifiable insult coming from French NT. This is about racism / disrespectful treatment of the legends of the game and this is still a serious issue.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Evra was part of a group where hazing, bullying, calling other players homosexuals was part of his culture. This "us vs them" shit was in play while he was the team captain, Gourcuff's dad basically almost said his son had a depression dealing with that shit.

If anything in France failed, it was the generation before and their bullshit. I don't want to hear from anybody from that circus on how to lead a team. France won a world cup once that generation left.

Honestly, Benzema retired from the looney bin, and I don't want this cooked up every three weeks while we're getting battered by Villareal

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have a hard time believing the Benzema thing is due to racism or systemic discrimination. Almost the whole team is African immigrants including the star player, there's simply no way you can make a legit, logical claim the Karim is being singled out because of his African heritage.

I do think that certain players preferred that he wasn't part of the team which might include one spoiled brat that half the forum has been drooling over incessantly for years now.

Evra can say whatever he wants, @4x4s can point out the hypocracy - at the end of the day nobody outside of the FFF has any standing to do anything about it and the best thing KB9 and Real Madrid can do is win. That's how you show they were wrong to exclude him because as long as he continues not performing and is hobbling around the pitch, the more it looks like the right decision was made whatever the reasons.

Deep Pal repped this.