How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Anybody ever check this guys instagram? It's actually hilarious. He posts like 40 things a day on his story including him singing french rap songs, telling people who don't like him to get off his page, Photoshoped pics of him and Tupac for whatever reason and also himself calling himself a legend:ROFLMAO:, what a guy.

Lyra, yoanaidarov and J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a photoshoped image of the cover to "I am Legend". But whatever.

3. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    No, he reposted somebody making a post with him, Raul, Di Stefano, CR7 and Puskas with their stats and the caption is Benzema is a legend. Also I'm not hating on the man I just found it kind of funny all the things he posts.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, he is a RM legend, so there's nothing wrong with that :D.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He makes both the lists for best players and most frustrating players we ever had

Legend indeed

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How would you rank club legends? Where would Benzema fall?

7. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    I agree, but not at the level of who he was compared to in that post.

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why is he a legend again?, is it because of the fact that he’s been at the club for ages as the undisputed starting striker no matter what, or is it some goal stat out there, I’m betting it’s the accumulated goal stat thingie, might be both I guess, of course there’s always the “Madrid can’t play unless he’s on the pitch” thing, word seems bandied about far too easily nowadays

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    According to this logic a lot of players aren't legends and the only ones can be Di Stefano and Cristiano.

Benzema can be beyond frustrating, but he is a genius and has built a history at the club no one can take away.

Before Cristiano and messi most of these strikers were just like him anyways; inconsistent.

Shay Z repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People take a guys instagram stories and build a whole ass argument out of it. Lord help us now.

11. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    There is no argument about anything, I just thought it was kind of entertaining.

12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol he is literally 4th in our all time top scorers list, if he is not a legend who is.

Doni and Shay Z repped this.
  13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Put any half decent striker in RM, give him
    12 years as an undisputed striker and he'll surpass that.

He's 6th top scorer, 241 goals in 501 apps.
    The man in front of him is Puskas with 242 goals in 262 games lol.

Chinky24, Digital, yoanaidarov and 2 others repped this.
  14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    12 years as an undisputed striker, for 4 of the world's greatest coaches, at Real Madrid is legendary material by itself. His goal per game ratio isn't as good as friggin Puskas in the 60s, but its better than Raul's, El Buitre, and Santillana.

Compare his goalscoring to Henry, RvN, Villa, Inzaghi, Batistuta, Crespo, or your favorite goalscorer from modern times and you'll see his return is around that level. I mean he is also 4th all time scorer in the CL.

madridista_hr, Doni and Shay Z repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #10515 Shay Z, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Yawn!! Your bias makes you blind. 4th all time goal scorer in a club like RM and 4th all time goal scorer in the CL. And People jizz over Henry and RvN’s careers. Call Michael Owen a footballing legend. You know Madridistas never hated our own like they do now. Juanito and El Buitre are legends but Benzema isn’t. What a take.

Never makes a fuss about contracts. Never ever said he wants to leave. Dreamt about wearing our shirt and said no to Alex Ferguson to come here. Takes care of his body and never gets injured. Since he’s had kids he has been exemplary off the field too. Has won every club trophy there is to win. Multiple times. All those goals he’s scored and all those assists, anybody could’ve done that right. Lol. He’s a special talent. Some of us have watched him since his breakout year in Lyon so plz tell us more how if we had Chicarito or Adebayor we would have won more leagues.

Umar and Doni repped this.
  16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He's a legend for his longevity. Although to be honest he shouldn't have lasted at this club considering his performances. Most protected player I've ever witnessed.

But please don't tell me you consider him the 4th best striker that's ever played for Madrid. You laugh at RVN career he was certainly a more useful striker.

RMSocrates and Chinky24 repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #10517 Shay Z, Mar 19, 2020
    I never “laughed” at Ruud’s career. I love that guy and am happy I got to see him wear our shirt. Nothing but respect for him, Owen and others. If I laughed at him I would be doing the same as people are doing with Benzema. But Ruud is not a RM legend. He played an important role in winning ONE league. All the titles won with Benzema are in-spite of him, obviously. Would you call Ruud a RM legend? Is Morientes a RM legend? Is Raul also only a legend of longevity? Like YS mentioned there’s a whole generation out there who thinks what Cris and Messi do is normal.

Staggering how someone can say Ruud has been more useful to this club than Benzema.

18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Respect Benzema as I respect the team that achieved the titles with him.

He's not a better striker than the ones we've had in the past though. If Ruud were here for the same amount of time with the protection Benzema had, I'm confident he'd crush his numbers.

We have people saying Benzema is better than Raul and Butragueno.... laughable.

Umar repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #10519 Shay Z, Mar 19, 2020
    So let’s push reality aside and just talk about alternate realities and hypothetical scenarios. Cool. You go live in that world where Ruud scored a 1000 goals for us. I’ll stay here. I can easily say that if David Villa played as many games as Raul for RM he would have more goals. But it’s pointless to make that statement.

Who has said this? Wow.

We don’t need to disparage one player to praise the other. We are talking about Benzema and his spot in the pantheon of RM greats.

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Would you say then Benzema is a better striker than Ruud or Villa?
    Here?

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #10521 YOUNGSTARS87, Mar 19, 2020
    There are things they are better at and there are things Benzema is better at.

Raul played 16 seasons at Madrid and 6 of them he didn't score more than 10 league goals.

Butragueno played 12 seasons at Madrid and 7 of them he couldn't score more than 10 league goals.

Yet Benzema who is spoken of as if he's a bum has been with Madrid 11 seasons (less than both) yet only twice he scored 10 or less league goals.

Let's be realistic here. People need to understand the frustration with Benzema isn't because he isn't fantastic, it's because he legitimately could have been one of the best ever. Just because he isn't doesn't mean he wasn't a great, didn't do much for Madrid and isn't one of our legends.

It's too late; Benzema already is.

RMSocrates, madridista_hr, Umar and 4 others repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think you are all twisted up here. Akram clearly said that his goal ratio is better and didn’t insinuate that he thought he was a better player because that is not the discussion here. The point is we consider others to be legends for doing less, far less.

The comparison with Ruud is disrespectful to Benzema.

Akramzizou repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    It isn't just his potential. Benzema was part of better teams and had protection like no other.

He should have delivered a lot more than he has.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Uh Raul was part of incredible teams as well. Same for Butragueno.

They also didn't have Oil States and messi to play against.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Benz absolutely deserves credit for taking part and contributing to our incredible success particularly in the CL. He's been a very loyal player and we should all appreciate that, I just wish he was a little meaner, hungry and a little more clinic at times because I honestly think we could have won more La Liga titles that way.

Chinky24 repped this.