How woudl the election affect the world?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by 96Squig, Nov 1, 2004.

1. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This election is propably more important than any election since WW2. So what are your thoughts about how it could affect life between the Us and other countries, US-citizens and non-US citicens and thw world at all.
    I think that if Kerry gets elected the Europeans would say: 'Hey America, wasn't that big of a deal, everyone makes mistakes, you did by electing Bush, so what? That's history now, let's try to see how we can solve that trouble in the Iraq and deal with terrorism.'
    If Bush would get reelected most Europeans propably would not want to speak any American anymore...
    Same with other regions like Latin America, Canada, NZ, SE Asia where the ppl just don't think Bush should be the mightiest man in the world. (note: What the government says doesn't have to be what the ppl think).
    The Arabics propably don't give a sh... enemy stays enemy (as Bin Laden sayd...)
    The Israelis would want Bush to win... because arafat said that he wants kerry to win...
    Putin wants Bush to win so now the media says that Russia wants Bush to win... :-(

So after all, I think if Bush wins Israel and the Us would get more and more isolated... which is for sure not good!!!
    if kerry wins the Europeans shuld show some kind of mercy and get a more normal feeling about the US...

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We know how much you Germans love that phrase.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    And some thought Neesken's post was patronising??!!! :eek:

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, the Us won't show any merca about it no matter who wins, so someone has to, right ?;-)
    And be honest, In Iraq you can need every help you can get, same with afghanistan.
    Besides, propably showing mercy was the wrong english word anyways, maybe forgive sounds better?
    Anyways, I am just reflecting European feelings toward the US, not my personal opinion (Bush would not have won any election in western europe excl. italy, not to mention a reelection imo...)
    Well, still the decision is up to you, but it for sure affects all the world...

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    completly agree. i hope the former happens.

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Nelson Mandela doesn't get a vote.

Stephen Hawking doesn't get a vote.

Paris Hilton gets a vote.

Tremble in fear, foreigners.