how to watch la liga from dish network?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Javier Saviola, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Javier Saviola

Javier Saviola New Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Miami
  2. Radiohead

Radiohead New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Chicago
    As it stands right now, you will not be able to watch La Liga on Dish Network or DirecTV. Last year there was one game each week on PPV on In Demand (cable only). It was $14.95 per game. It does not appear that anyone has purchased the rights for La Liga this year.
    TVE International is available on both Dish Network and DirecTV. They had a La Liga highlight show every Sunday night. I assume they will still have it this year, but we will need to wait another week to be sure. TVE will have the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup tomorrow afternoon. TVE will also have the Copa Del Rey Final.

3. Javier Saviola

Jul 16, 2001
    Miami
    what channell is tve on dish network?

4. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    On DISH you have to purchase TVE as a separate international channel. It's not cheap -- seems like it's around $25/mo.

5. Radiohead

Radiohead New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Chicago
    TVE International is part of the Dish Latino package for $20.99/month. It's also part of the larger Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max packages. I don't think they offer it A-la-carte.
    On DirecTV, it's part of the DirecTV Para Todos packages ($31.99 or $35.99).
    It's also part of a package on the Hispasat satellite at 30 degrees west. This is a package of about 10 channels from Spain. A special receiver is required (for about $300), and then it's $100 a year.

6. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Unless I'm mistaken, DishNetwork is required to give you that extra dish for free. They're not allowed to charge you anything more than your original setup so you can get any station. That's why you can upgrade to the Dish500 for free. At least that's how my Telecommunications Law professor explained it.

7. Javier Saviola

Jul 16, 2001
    Miami
    OK BUT WHAT CHANNELL IS IT ON DISH NETWORK?

8. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    channel #623 on dish network