How to make a banner like these?

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by Brandon313, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
  2. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    photos, photoshop, and big printers.

My friend's mother probably has the resources to do this, sadly I'm not able to get her to do anything cool like this for us.

3. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bob Ross soccer flag making 101.

Making one that large requires some extra effort, but making a smaller one, say the size of a bed sheet is no problem.

Take your image and turn it into a negative in photoshop. Fool with the settings till you get it straight black and white. Then brush out the extraneous shit. Print the image that you get onto a transparency.

Then break into a school or church to find an overhead projector. Hang a bed sheet or the flag on the wall, place another sheet behind it to avoid marking the wall, then trace your image. Take the flag down and paint in the outline, just like paint by numbers if you want some color. Though often times, color does not come out right at all.

4. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, that's pretty much exactly how we made this banner of Bruce Arena

[​IMG]

As you can see from my shirt, someone had already done the photoshop work. We simply took their image, blew it up, printed on a transparency and "borrowed" an overhead projector (it always pays to have grad students in the supporters club)

5. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boom, there you go, nice flag.

The best is my dad. He is a petroleum geologist... can we say geographic plotters?