How popular is Diners Club in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by ISUSucks, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Some in Japan say only people from high class society can possess Diner's Club card but I've never heard about it and when I did some research I learned the company was sold to Citi, Discover and now almost dying... How could a credit/charge card from a dying company be considered as a premium card for high income individuals?? Is this card also popular among rich people? BTW, I have Visa, Master, Amex, and JCB.

2. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    It's a fairly popular "corporate card" I believe. That puts the card into the hands of many business travelers.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be truthful, I can't see the advantage over an AMEX gold or platinum

4. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks. Probably some people (mostly old men) in Japan are brainwashed. As for Amex, I had Amex Platinum before but the annual fee is damn expensive in Japan (approx $1300 compared to $450 in the U.S.) so downgraded to the Green. I'm actually thinking of canceling this too and just go with free Visa.

5. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Diners Club is dying in the USA for most people. Unless you have a corp card almost nobody even has a Diners Club sticker in the window of the business anymore. None of my friends has ever mentioned Diners Club in any conversation.